Digital TV News: Konka
Foxxum reveals first partners for Foxxum OS 4
Jan 4, 2023 – Foxxum has announced that El Araby, Grupo Kayve, TCL MOKA, Konka and Punktal are the first to integrate its Foxxum OS 4 on their smart TV devices. Foxxum will demonstrate OS 4 at CES 2023 in Las Vegas.
News categories: Foxxum, Ronny Lutzi, CES2023, Digital TV, Europe, Latin America, Middle-East, RDK, Smart TV, TV OS, Uruguay
Shahid streaming platform now available on KONKA Smart TVs
Dec 7, 2022 – KONKA (000016. SZ) and MBC Group have announced a partnership that will allow KONKA Android and webOS smart TV users in MENA countries to access MBC's Shahid via the homepage launch bar or the Shahid App.
News categories: KONKA, MBC Group, Kobe Liao, Apps, Digital TV, Middle-East, Smart TV, UX
KONKA plans GCC region expansion
Nov 29, 2022 – KONKA (000016.SZ) is set to ramp up business expansion in the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) region with a focus on increasing its retail footprint and launching a series of new products tailored to local customers.
News categories: KONKA, Hursh Agrawal, Digital TV, Middle-East, Smart TV
LG webOS Hub offers more customization for TV makers, more content for viewers
Oct 6, 2022 – LG has expanded its smart TV platform business with the recent rolling out of its webOS Hub, delivering more customization options to smart TV makers and more convenience and content to end-users.
News categories: LG Electronics, Park Hyoung-sei, Digital TV, Smart TV, TV OS, Worldwide
Konka selects NetRange to power HbbTV on Android-based Smart TVs
Aug 30, 2022 – NetRange has announced that Konka will use its ACCESS NetFront Browser BE HbbTV for Android solution to support providers in the MENA region choosing to launch interactive and smart TV services via HbbTV.
News categories: ACCESS CO, Konka, Michi Uematsu, Android TV, Digital TV, HbbTV, Middle-East, Smart TV
Alexa coming to third-party Smart TVs powered by LG webOS
Jul 14, 2021 – LG has announced that Amazon Alexa is coming to third-party TVs powered by its webOS platform. The feature will be activated OTA starting in Q3 in North America, followed by other regions including Europe and Asia.
News categories: LG Electronics, Jung Sung-hyun, Asia, Digital TV, Europe, Middleware, North America, Smart Home, Smart TV
LG opens webOS Smart TV platform to other TV brands
Feb 23, 2021 – LG is making its webOS TV platform available to other TV brand partners. Over twenty TV manufacturers have already joined the webOS partnership, including brands such as RCA, Ayonz and Konka, with more expected to follow.
News categories: LG Electronics, Park Hyoung-sei, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, TV OS, UX, Worldwide
KONKA enters North American smart home market
Dec 21, 2020 – KONKA has announced that it will enter the smart home market with the debut of its KONKASmart line-up at Digital CES. The KONKASmart product lineup will be available in North America beginning in Spring 2021.
News categories: KONKA, CES2023, North America, Smart Home
LCD TV makers plan aggressive TV display purchasing for 2021
Oct 27, 2020 – According to Omdia, total LCD TV panel shipments are set to decline by 6% in 2021. However, the global top 15 TV brands want to grow their LCD TV shipments to new highs, up 9% YoY, if they are able to secure panel supply.
News categories: Omdia, Deborah Yang, China, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022