Digital TV News: M-net
Kabel-TV Lampert turns to Zattoo and ABOX42 for DVB-C/IP hybrid TV
May 30, 2017 – The Austrian cable network operator Kabel-TV Lampert has chosen a DVB-C/IP hybrid TV solution from Zattoo. In autumn this year, Kabel-TV Lampert will launch a TV product that combines live TV delivered as DVB-C with IPTV services such as ReStart, Catch-up TV and Cloud-Recording.
News categories: Zattoo, Kabel-TV Lampert, ABOX42, Gernot Jaeger, Karoline Lampert, ANGA COM, Austria, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box
VSE NET chooses Zattoo to provide its schlau.com IPTV service
Nov 14, 2016 – German network operator VSE NET has chosen Zattoo as the provider of its Multiscreen IPTV service under the brand schlau.com. The service is completely hosted and managed by Zattoo.
News categories: Zattoo, VSE NET, ABOX42, Gernot Jaeger, Michael Leidinger, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Mobile, Set Top Box
EWE TEL adopts white label IPTV solution from Zattoo
Oct 18, 2016 – Since the end of September EWE TEL in Northern Germany has been offering its customers mobile and online TV based on an IPTV platform and applications from Zattoo.
News categories: Zattoo, EWE TEL, Gernot Jaeger, Alexander Kreis, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Mobile
ABOX42 STB platform selected for M-net multiscreen IPTV service
Mar 22, 2016 – ABOX42 has announced that M-net has selected the ABOX42 M20-Series Smart Set-Top Box platform for its new IPTV service 'M-net TVplus' which will be deployed over M-net Fiber in the South of Germany.
News categories: ABOX42, M-net, Matthias Greve, Thomas Bichlmeir, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Mobile, Set Top Box
M-Net unveils GoTV DTT service for South Africa
Feb 3, 2016 – M-Net has unveiled its digital terrestrial television service for South Africa, called GOtv. GOtv will use digital network towers throughout South Africa and customers will need a decoder to access the signal.
News categories: M-Net, GOtv, Yolisa Phahle, Tsabiso Letsoela, Digital TV, Set Top Box, South Africa, Terrestrial
South African TV households to grow 10% by 2018
Dec 9, 2015 – According to Dataxis, the total number of South African TV households will grow 10% from end-2015 to end-2018 as pay-DTH continues to grow and new pay services using DTT and IPTV come on stream.
News categories: Dataxis, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, South Africa, Terrestrial
Commercial DTT to launch in South Africa in December
Oct 3, 2012 – At South Africa's Proof of Concept launch of Digital Terrestrial Television (DTT), the country's Minister of Communications said that the commercial launch of DTT will take place in December this year.
News categories: Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, South Africa, Terrestrial
South African broadcasters announce trials of DVB-T2
Sep 16, 2010 – South African broadcasters e.tv and M-Net have announced plans to bring the latest DVB-T2 digital television technology to a group of residents in the Soweto area.
News categories: e.tv, M-Net, Digital TV, DVB-T2, South Africa, Terrestrial
FTTH growth accelerates in Europe
Feb 24, 2010 – In 2009, growth in terms of subscribers and Homes/Buildings passed has accelerated in Europe. In EU36 (including Russia), there were nearly 3.5 million FTTH/B subscribers and more than 25 million Homes/Buildings Passed.
News categories: IDATE, FTTH Council, Broadband, Denmark, Digital TV, Europe, Fibre, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, IPTV, Italy, Lithuania, Market Research, Middle-East, Netherlands, Norway, OTT, Portugal, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Subscribers, Sweden
- Verimatrix introduces DRM for video protection between devices
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- FCC proposed rule change to support ATSC 3.0 distributed transmission
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Velocix introduces CDN software for 5G video streaming
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation
- COVID-19 pandemic to reduce global TV brand shipments by 5.8% in 2020
- Six million viewers for Italy's tivùsat
- Wicket Labs adds $1.9m of extra funding
- NENT Group to launch Viaplay in Iceland on April 1st
- TV antenna usage in US broadband households up 25% in 2019
- Coronavirus expected to add 5% to global VOD subscriptions in 2020
- COVID-19 response to bolster cloud gaming revenues