Digital TV News: MaxLinear
Cord-cutting driving decline in set-top box SoC market
Apr 4, 2019 – The worldwide set-top box SoC market will generate US$2.4 billion in 2019, according to ABI Research. The forecast represents a 5% decline from 2018 including revenue from cable, satellite, terrestrial and IPTV set-top box SoCs.
News categories: ABI Research, Khin Sandi Lynn, Digital TV, Market Research, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
MaxLinear satellite receiver powers Cyfrowy Polsat's Evobox HD
Sep 18, 2018 – MaxLinear (NYSE:MXL) has announced that Cyfrowy Polsat has selected its MxL541C for its Evobox HD STB, the latest product in its Evobox product line. The MxL541C is a four-channel satellite receiver and Evobox HD STB makes use of the device’s very low power consumption and its Unicable support.
News categories: MaxLinear, Cyfrowy Polsat, Will Torgerson, Dariusz Działkowski, Digital TV, Poland, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
MaxLinear and Pixelworks selected by Nuvyyo for Tablo OTA DVR
May 24, 2018 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced that Nuvyyo has selected its MxL69x ATSC receiver for its Tablo DVR product that streams live HDTV and recorded OTA content to any internet-connected TV, streaming media player, gaming system, computer or mobile device.
News categories: MaxLinear, Pixelworks, Nuvyyo, Will Torgerson, Anthony Gioeli, Grant Hall, ATSC 3.0, Digital TV, Gateway, Placeshifting, Semiconductor, Smart Home, USA
MaxLinear and Geniatech target live TV on mobile devices
Apr 11, 2018 – MaxLinear (NYSE:MXL) has announced that Geniatech has selected its MxL692 ATSC receiver to bring live digital television to Android mobile devices. The MxL692 is the industry’s first single-channel integrated ATSC receiver IC.
News categories: MaxLinear, Geniatech, Will Torgerson, Mr. Fang, ATSC 3.0, Digital TV, Mobile, NABShow, Semiconductor, Tablet, USA
Geniatech and MaxLinear show ATSC TV home distribution system at CES2018
Jan 8, 2018 – MaxLinear (NYSE:MXL) has announced that it will join with Geniatech at CES to showcase NetAerial, the first integrated live TV distribution system for the home network. The NetAerial unit combines a TV antenna, two ATSC TV tuners and a G.hn powerline network adapter.
News categories: MaxLinear, Geniatech, Will Torgerson, Mr. Fang, ATSC 3.0, CES2021, Digital TV, Gateway, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Terrestrial, USA
MaxLinear Ku-band downconverter IC selected by MTI for Sky Q wideband LNBs
Sep 20, 2017 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced that a chip in its MxL80x RF downconverter family has been selected by Microelectronics Technology Inc. (MTI) for a new wideband LNB that will ship to customers of Sky UK to enable its innovative Sky Q services.
News categories: MaxLinear, Microelectronics Technology Inc., Will Torgerson, Eugene Wu, Digital TV, LNB, Satellite, Semiconductor, UK
MaxLinear and Gospell deliver multi-tuner LNB solution for satellite
Sep 18, 2017 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced a reference design with Gospell Digital Technology. The platform combines MaxLinear’s MxL80x satellite RF downconverter and MxL862 digital channel stacking switch (dCSS) ICs.
News categories: MaxLinear, Gospell Digital Technology, Will Torgerson, Zhao Mulin, Digital TV, LNB, Satellite, Semiconductor, Worldwide
MaxLinear launches 1-channel ATSC tuner-demod ICs for streaming boxes
Sep 15, 2017 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced the MxL69x family, the industry’s first family of single-channel integrated ATSC tuner-demodulator ICs. The family provides a solution for adding over-the-air TV to OTT STBs and streaming media devices.
News categories: MaxLinear, Will Torgerson, ATSC 3.0, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, ICs, North America, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA
MaxLinear cable receiver IC adopted by Skyworth for China STB
Sep 5, 2017 – MaxLinear (NYSE:MXL) has announced that Skyworth is shipping a new smart cable gateway set-top box (STB) based on the MaxLinear MxL214C Full-Spectrum Capture cable front-end receiver.
News categories: MaxLinear, Skyworth, Will Torgerson, BaoCheng Chang, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV
- Sluggish growth expected for pay TV in India
- Vubiquity secures content services agreement with Liberty Global
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet