Digital TV News: Microsoft Azure
Viaccess-Orca integrates generative AI with Microsoft
Sep 14, 2023 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) is collaborating with Microsoft to integrate large language models on Microsoft Azure to enhance personalized content discovery, recommendations, and protection.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Microsoft Azure, Alain Nochimowski, Xavier Perret, Big Data, Digital TV, IBC2023, UX, Worldwide
MediaKind launches streaming platform for Microsoft Azure users
Jul 25, 2023 – MediaKind has unveiled MK/IO, a VOD and live streaming solution built on Microsoft Azure. MK/IO offers encoding, packaging for files and streams, DRM support and a native media player.
News categories: MediaKind, Microsoft Azure, Allen Broome, Simon Crownshaw, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Software, Worldwide
CalaTelevision to launch CalaWeather channel with PlayBox Neo
Apr 6, 2023 – CalaTelevision will add a new cloud-based playout system for its CalaWeather channel – Cloud2TV from PlayBox Neo. CalaWeather provides weather for the Caribbean and Central America.
News categories: PlayBox Neo, CalaTelevision, Caribbean, Central America, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow
Mediaset España selects Unified Streaming technology
May 3, 2022 – Unified Streaming is partnering with Mediaset España to optimize Mediaset's live streaming and linear programming. Mediaset España is also implementing Unified technology for content protection and to package its VOD catalog, with and without DRM.
News categories: Unified Streaming, Mediaset, Ewout Meijer, Manuel Jesús Guisado, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Spain
beIN MEDIA selects Quortex and Cognacq-Jay Image to power sports streaming
Mar 29, 2022 – Cognacq-Jay Image, in partnership with Quortex, has announced that beIN MEDIA has chosen Quortex’s technology to provide streaming services for its sports content in the Middle East and North Africa region.
News categories: Cognacq-Jay Image, Quortex, beIN MEDIA, François Nguyen, Marc Baillavoine, Faisal Al Raisi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middle-East, Streaming
CDN market expected to more than double to $23.9 billion by 2030
Mar 22, 2022 – ABI Research expects the global CDN market to more than double by 2030, reaching $23.9 billion. The growth is driven in part by services beyond core content delivery and caching. The buildup to the metaverse will create additional growth opportunities.
News categories: ABI Research, Michael Inouye, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
G-Mana SSAI now available in Microsoft Azure Marketplace
Jan 6, 2022 – G-Mana server-side ad insertion (SSAI) is now available in the Microsoft Azure Marketplace. G-Mana enables addressable TV & OTT server-side ad insertion monetization for linear, live, or video-on-demand (VOD) content.
News categories: G-Mana, Microsoft Azure, Eran Yahalomi, Jake Zborowski, Advertising, Digital TV, Worldwide
Sportsnet, Firstlight Media and Deltatre relaunch SN NOW
Aug 5, 2021 – Sportsnet has partnered with Deltatre and Firstlight Media to relaunch sports streaming service, SN NOW, with next generation OTT features and a refreshed UI, on the Firstlight Media platform.
News categories: Firstlight Media, Deltatre, Sportsnet, Rogers Sports & Media, Microsoft, Andre Christensen, Alex Drosin, Bart Yabsley, Alfredo Tan, Kevin Peesker, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, UX
Unified Streaming makes Unified Origin available on Microsoft Azure
Aug 4, 2021 – Unified Streaming has announced the general availability of its Unified Origin software on Microsoft Azure. Unified Origin enables streaming of live and VOD content from one unified source to multiple clients and devices.
News categories: Unified Streaming, Microsoft Azure, Simon Westbroek, Veronica Labad, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio