Digital TV News: MultiMedia Intelligence
244.5 Million IP-Connected Consumer Electronics Devices in 2013
Feb 5, 2009 – MultiMedia Intelligence believes that the necessary technology platforms are in place for the IP-connected home and forecasts 244.5 million IP-Connected devices will be shipped in 2013.
News categories: Multimedia Intelligence, Cable TV, Digital TV, Gaming, Home Server, IPTV, Market Research, Mobile, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Streaming
World's First Solution for Targeted Advertising over Mobile TV on display at IBC 2008
Aug 12, 2008 – Packet Vision and UDcast have announced what they believe to be the world's first solution for targeted television advertising over mobile TV. The first public presentation of their technology will take place at this year's IBC.
News categories: Packet Vision, UDcast, Advertising, Content Distribution, IBC2022, Mobile
Mobile TV and Video to Exceed $15 Billion in Worldwide Revenue by 2012
Jul 9, 2008 – Consumers are demanding more personalization and entertainment content on their mobile phones, driving mobile video subscription revenue to exceed $3.5 billion in 2008, according to resent research by MultiMedia Intelligence.
News categories: MultiMedia Intelligence, Market Research, Mobile, Subscribers
Verimatrix Announces Mobile TV Content Security Solution for Pay-TV Operators
Jun 16, 2008 – Verimatrix has announced the full profile of its comprehensive VCAS™ for Mobile TV solution to enable operators to deliver a seamless pay-TV service over mobile phones and other mobile Internet devices (MIDs).
News categories: Verimatrix, Tata Elxsi, BroadcastAsia, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, Mobile
ARM Mali-400 MP Technology Brings High-end Graphics to all Consumer Devices
Jun 2, 2008 – ARM (LSE:ARM)(Nasdaq:ARMH) has announced the ARM® Mali™-400 MP scalable multiprocessor graphics solution, capable of delivering up to 1G pixels per second and enabling licensees to serve multiple product markets with the same architecture.
News categories: ARM®, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
Shipments of Internet-Enabled Consumer Electronics Pass the 60 Million Unit Mark in 2007
Jan 29, 2008 – MultiMedia Intelligence reports that shipments of Internet-Protocol (IP)-enabled consumer electronics reached 64 Million units in 2007. This represented nearly 73% growth. However, the market continues to be dominated by internet-enabled video game consoles.
News categories: MultiMedia Intelligence, Digital TV, DVD, Gaming, Market Research, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Streaming
MultiMedia Intelligence Identifies Digital Watermarking & Fingerprinting As Key New Technology Opportunities to Monetize Digital Media
Jan 21, 2008 – MultiMedia Intelligence reports that applications leveraging content identification technologies such as digital watermarking and fingerprinting are growing rapidly and could surpass US$500 million worldwide by 2012.
News categories: MultiMedia Intelligence, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Market Research, Streaming, Watermarking
Multimedia Mobile Phone Shipments Surpass TV Shipments in 2008, According to MultiMedia Intelligence
Nov 27, 2007 – MultiMedia Intelligence reports the worldwide unit shipments of multimedia feature rich mobile phones will exceed 300 million units in 2008, outnumbering shipments of TV sets.
News categories: MultiMedia Intelligence, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media
- CHiQ launches latest Google TV series in Europe
- Imagination launches GPU for smart home platforms
- BMW 5 Series to include TiVo video media platform
- Chopin launches streaming service in Poland with Nagra
- Airtel Digital TV subscribers down 39,000 in 1Q 2023
- HBO Max becomes Max
- Tele Columbus selects NAGRA as solution provider for PŸUR TV
- Astro adds WeTV to its Ultra Box
- Comcast introduces NOW TV in the U.S.