Digital TV News: NEC Corp
HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
Oct 15, 2019 – HEVC Advance has announced that JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery and Korean Patent Investment Corporation have become Licensors in the HEVC Advance HEVC/H.265 Patent Pool License Program.
News categories: HEVC Advance, Peter Moller, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
NEC demonstrates live 8K video transmission over 5G in France
Jul 16, 2019 – NEC (TSE: 6701) successfully transmitted live 8K video using 5G at an international tennis tournament recently held in Paris. The demonstration was carried out in cooperation with France Télévisions and 8K broadcasting equipment manufacturers.
News categories: NEC Corp, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France
DOCOMO develops 360° 8K 3D VR system for live streaming
Feb 4, 2019 – NTT DOCOMO has announced that it has developed what is believed to be the world's first 8K 3D virtual reality (VR) system for live video streaming and viewing at 60 frames per second (fps) over 5G mobile communications.
News categories: NTT DOCOMO, 5G, Digital TV, Japan, VR, Worldwide
NEC provides base stations for NTT DOCOMO 5G video trial
Jan 11, 2019 – NEC has announced that it contributed to a video transmission test utilizing 5G conducted in November 2018 by NTT DOCOMO and TOBU RAILWAY through the provision of 5G base stations that support 4.5GHz and 28GHz bands.
News categories: NEC Corp, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan
ULDAGE begins satellite UHDTV patent pool licensing
Jul 3, 2017 – ULDAGE has announced the commencement of patent licensing activities under the system of a patent pool that bundles and licenses the patents that are essential to the realization of the UHDTV satellite broadcasting standards.
News categories: ULDAGE, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Satellite, Worldwide
NEC to provide ISDB-T DTT equipment for public broadcasting in the Philippines
Jan 23, 2017 – NEC (NEC; TSE: 6701) has announced the signing of a contract to provide digital terrestrial TV equipment for People's Television Network, Inc. (PTNI), the public broadcasting service for the Republic of the Philippines.
News categories: NEC Corp, PTNI, Elizabeth Pangan, Dino Apolonio, Content Distribution, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Philippines, Terrestrial
NEC to provide DVB-T2 transmitters to RTVC in Colombia
Oct 4, 2016 – NEC (TSE: 6701) has announced that they will provide digital TV transmitters for Radio Television Nacional de Colombia (RTVC), Colombia's public broadcasting service, in support of expanding the country's terrestrial digital broadcasting.
News categories: NEC Corp, RTVC, Javier Ortiz Ardila, Colombia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Terrestrial
NEC launches 8K H.265/HEVC codec
Mar 22, 2016 – NEC (TSE: 6701) has announced the global launch of its VC-8350 encoder and VD-8350 decoder in April 2016, achieving encoding and decoding of 8K/60P UHD video in support of future 8K broadcasting services.
News categories: NEC Corp, Tooru Watanabe, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, NABShow, Worldwide
MPEG LA expands HEVC license coverage
Mar 19, 2015 – MPEG LA has announced that the coverage of its HEVC Patent Portfolio License has been updated to conform with recent revisions to the HEVC standard as defined in Recommendation ITU-T H.265 v2 (10/2014).
News categories: MPEG LA, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
- Synamedia launches addressable advertising solution
- Ten carriers in Germany and Austria choose Ocilion for IPTV
- BluTV DTH launches in Brazil on EUTELSAT 65 West A
- Viya TV+ launches in the US Virgin Islands with Mirada
- OTT TV and video revenues at $83 billion in 2019
- 41.4% of TVs in Latin America are Smart
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 51,000 in 2Q 2020
- Pirate subscription TV services now a billion-dollar U.S. industry
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- ViacomCBS to launch connected video ad platform
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- ORS chooses 3SS to deliver simpliTV service in Austria