Digital TV News: Next Generation Broadcasting
Public Media Group launches to enable ATSC 3.0 services and revenue streams
May 29, 2019 – Public Media Group (PMG) has been launched to build and operate the infrastructure needed by broadcasters as the U.S. moves to ATSC 3.0 and beyond. PMG is focused on providing a network of Next Gen TV data centers and software platforms.
News categories: Public Media Group, Joe Chinnici, Erik Langner, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Technicolor offers HDR grading services and software licensing
Apr 13, 2015 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH; OTCQX: TCLRY) has announced that it will support content creators in the transition to next generation video technology by expanding its color grading service offering to include high dynamic range (HDR) grading for movies, TV shows and commercials.
News categories: Technicolor, Autodesk, Blackmagic Design, Vince Pizzica, Marc Stevens, Grant Petty, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, NABShow, USA
NEC and GLOBO trial live 4K DTT broadcasting in Rio de Janeiro
Jun 30, 2014 – NEC (NEC; TSE: 6701) has announced that it is collaborating with GLOBO on constructing a live 4K terrestrial broadcasting trial system by providing its real-time HEVC hardware-based encoder, the 4K/60p compliant VC-8150.
News categories: NEC Corp, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial
Sumavision Deploys Broadcom DOCSIS®-based EoC Cable Architecture in China
Mar 20, 2012 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced that Sumavision is deploying its DOCSIS-based Ethernet over Coax (EoC) cable architecture to Chinese cable operators. The Sumavision CC8800 products fully meet China's NGB broadband requirements.
News categories: Broadcom, Sumavision, Broadband, Cable TV, CCBN, China, Content Distribution, DOCSIS, Semiconductor, Smart Home
Qualcomm Atheros Launches TDMA Software and EoC Return-Path Chipset for Set-Top Boxes
Mar 20, 2012 – Qualcomm Atheros (NASDAQ: QCOM) has announced optimized time division multiple access (TDMA) software for Ethernet-over-Coax (EoC) applications and Qualcomm Atheros' first entry-level EoC solution, the QCA6411 chipset, for Chinese MSOs.
News categories: Atheros, Broadband, Cable TV, CCBN, China, Gateway, ICs, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Digital TV Labs' Receiver Quality Assurance for NGB's African DTT Rollouts
Jul 4, 2011 – Digital TV Labs has announced that it has been contracted by Next Generation Broadcasting (NGB), who operate under the Smart TV brand, to supply a DVB-T/T2 receiver conformance regime to assist the rollout of DTT services in select African markets.
News categories: Digital TV Labs, Next Generation Broadcasting AB, Africa, DVB-T2, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Trident Microsystems Reports Results for First Quarter Ended Mar. 31, 2011
May 3, 2011 – Trident Microsystems (Nasdaq: TRID) has announced results for its first quarter ended Mar. 31, 2011. For the quarter, the company reported net revenues of $88.3 million, which compares with $90.4 million in the quarter ended Mar. 31, 2010.
News categories: Trident Micro, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Trident Set-Top Box SoCs Selected for China's First NGB Trial Deployments
Mar 24, 2011 – Trident Microsystems (Nasdaq: TRID) has announced that its set-top box system-on-chips (SoCs) are powering one of the first trial deployments of Next Generation Broadcasting (NGB) in China.
News categories: Trident Micro, Cable TV, CCBN, China, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Guangzhou Digital Media Group Selects Entropic Communications Access Technology to Offer IPTV Service
Mar 22, 2011 – Entropic Communications (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced that Guangzhou Digital Media Group has selected Entropic's Broadband Access Ethernet-over-Coax (EoC) technology to offer IPTV service to its subscribers.
News categories: Entropic, Guangzhou Digital Media, Broadband, Cable TV, CCBN, China, Semiconductor
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system