Digital TV News: Novabase
Novabase to supply STBs to Russia's Akado Telecom
Oct 1, 2014 – Akado Telecom has signed a contract with system integrator AMT Group for the supply of 20,000 set-top boxes. The boxes, manufactured by Portugal's Novabase, are to be delivered in mid-October.
News categories: Novabase, Akado, AMT Group, Cable TV, Digital TV, Russia, Set Top Box
Novabase and Entropic launch DTAs to speed analog cable switchoff in Europe
Sep 12, 2014 – Novabase and Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) have announced a portfolio of Digital Transport Adapters (DTAs), powered by Entropic's EN7100-series of set-top box SoCs. The DTAs allow cable subscribers to keep watching their analog TV sets even when connected to an all-digital cable network.
News categories: Entropic, Novabase, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IBC, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Sigma Designs reports 2Q FY2015 results
Sep 10, 2014 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has reported results for its second fiscal quarter ended August 2, 2014. Net revenues for the quarter were $42.8 million, down $11.0 million from the same period last year.
News categories: Sigma Designs, IPTV, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Sigma Designs, Digisoft.tv and Novabase bring VOD to South Africa
Sep 10, 2014 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced a collaboration with Digisoft.tv and Novabase on a rental service that allows consumers in South Africa to download VOD content at public kiosks via memory stick for playback on a low-cost STB.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Digisoft.tv, Novabase, Mustafa Ozgen, Fearghal Kelly, Michael Pauli, Digital TV, Gateway, IBC, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, South Africa
Novabase builds system-in-package cable STB with ACCESS STB Labs
Jan 23, 2014 – Novabase Digital TV Technologies and ACCESS STB Labs have announced the development of a SIP-based set-top box for cable operators that supports multiple conditional access systems (CAS).
News categories: Novabase, ACCESS STB Labs, ALi Corp, Sasikanth, Michael Pauli, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Novabase, Entropic develop HDMI IP-set-top box stick with broadcast quality security
Jan 7, 2014 – Novabase and Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) have announced the development of an HDMI IP-based set-top box (IP-STB) stick that supports broadcast quality conditional access security (CAS).
News categories: Novabase, Entropic, Michael Pauli, Roger Gregory, CES2022, Conditional Access, Digital TV, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Novabase selects Sigma Designs SoC and HTTV Open Middleware for IPTV HDMI stick
Jan 2, 2014 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced that Novabase Digital TV Technologies has selected Sigma Designs' SMP8674 media processor for its HbbTV-compliant HDMI-Stick IPTV STB.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Novabase, HTTV, Michael Pauli, Mustafa Ozgen, Regis Saint Girons, CES2022, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Novabase chooses Sigma Designs media processor for turn-key set top box
Sep 13, 2013 – Sigma Designs (Nasdaq: SIGM) has announced that Novabase has selected Sigma Designs' SMP8674 media processor for its next generation of Set Top Box (STB) products.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Novabase, Michael Pauli, Mustafa Ozgen, Digital TV, IBC, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
India's InCablenet Deploys Entropic Set-Top Box System-on-a-Chip
Jan 16, 2013 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced that its set-top box system-on-a-chip, the CX2448x, has been deployed by Indian cable multi-system operator InCablenet. InCablenet serves 8.5 million cable-connected TV homes across India.
News categories: Entropic, InCablenet, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- DELTA Fiber expands fiber network to 2 million addresses
- High-speed fibre overtakes DSL in OECD countries
- Liberty Global reports Q2 2021 results
- NAGRA video platform powers Claro Box TV in Colombia
- OTTera integrated into the IRIS.TV video data ecosystem
- Peacock coming to Sky later this year
- Redge Media compliant with IAB TCF 2.0
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 399,000 in 2Q 2021
- Playstation 5 surpasses 10 million units sold
- 52% of U.S. consumers stop paying attention when ads come on the TV
- Tata Sky Binge delivers streaming app aggregation with ThinkAnalytics
- USSI Global to bring DOOH analytics to NEXTGEN TV broadcasters
- Altice USA reports video net losses of 48,000 for 2Q 2021
- Total Play video RGUs up 48% YoY in Q2 2021 to 1,933,880
- Gap between OTT and traditional pay TV continues to widen in the U.S.
- OTT to pull down pay TV revenues in China
- German pay TV and paid video surpasses €4 billion in 2020
- SERAPHIC upgrades TV browser with HbbTV 2.0.3 support
- Magnite to manage ad placement for Brazil's NetMovies
- Acxiom and Totalplay to provide addressable audiences in Mexico