Digital TV News: Permira
Sky invests in Synamedia
Jan 8, 2019 – Synamedia has announced that Sky has taken a stake in the business, joining majority shareholder the Permira funds. Both Sky and its parent company Comcast are long-time Synamedia customers as well as strategic development partners.
News categories: Synamedia, Sky, Yves Padrines, Andrew Griffith, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, MnA, Worldwide
Synamedia sets out corporate vision, strategy and investment focus
Sep 14, 2018 – Synamedia, the new company that will be formed from the sale of Cisco’s video processing and video solutions business to private equity firm Permira funds, has revealed its vision and investment focus as an independent entity.
News categories: Synamedia, Yves Padrines, Dr. Abe Peled, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Cisco's demerged SPVSS business to be called Synamedia
Sep 4, 2018 – The new company to be formed from the sale of Cisco's SPVSS business is to be called Synamedia. New and enhanced video solutions from Cisco SPVSS's portfolio that will move to Synamedia will be showcased at IBC on the Cisco stand.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Synamedia, Yves Padrines, Dr. Abe Peled, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2020, Middleware, Private Equity, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Permira to acquire Cisco's Service Provider Video Software Solutions business
May 1, 2018 – Permira and Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) have announced that a company backed by the Permira Funds has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Cisco’s Service Provider Video Software Solutions(SPVSS) business.
News categories: Permira, Cisco Systems, Dr. Abe Peled, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, MnA, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Conditional access market set to decline
Aug 19, 2014 – The global market for conditional access (CA) technology used in set-top boxes (STBs) is set to contract as pay-TV services reach saturation, according to IHS Technology (NYSE: IHS). Worldwide market revenue for pay-TV STB CA technology will decline to $1.9 billion in 2018.
News categories: IHS Technology, Wajahat Abbassi, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Worldwide
NDS Group plc Reports First Quarter Results
Oct 23, 2008 – NDS (Nasdaq: NNDS) has announced its results for the quarter ended September 30, 2008. 95.4 million active devices were protected by NDS conditional access and 98.7 million middleware clients were deployed at the end of the period.
News categories: NDS Group, Cable TV, CAM, Conditional Access, Content Protection, DRM, DVR, IPTV, Middleware, Mobile, Private Equity, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box
NDS Group PLC Reports Fiscal Year 2008 Results
Aug 5, 2008 – NDS Group (NASDAQ: NNDS) has announced its results for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2008. 90.3 million active devices were protected by NDS conditional access technology and 92.5 million middleware clients were deployed at the end of the period.
News categories: NDS Group, Cable TV, CAM, Conditional Access, DRM, DVR, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, MnA, Mobile, Private Equity, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box
- Evolution Digital launches Android TV device management platform
- Zixi powers 4K UHD Bloomberg TV+ service
- Telekom Malaysia selects Skyworth as 4K Android TV Operator Tier partner
- FourthWall Media adds Neilsen Smart TV ACR data to analytics platform
- TDS Telecom rolls-out IP video and Cloud DVR with Velocix
- A1now selects Vionlabs for AI-powered recommendations
- Global AVOD expenditure to double
- Gem Shopping Network to use Comscore TV measurement
- United Group makes strategic investment in Forthnet
- Disney+ and Apple TV+ both see success during first six months in the market
- Comcast, Charter and ViacomCBS announce Blockgraph partnership
- Britbox app now available on BT TV set-top boxes
- Conviva partners with Akamai on QoE intelligence
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Bouygues Telecom replaces set-top box with Smart TV app
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers