Digital TV News: RVU Alliance
RVU Alliance launches certification program for 4K devices
Apr 29, 2014 – The RVU Alliance has announced the launch of the RVU Certification program for Ultra High Definition devices, along with an expansion of the RVU membership roster.
News categories: RVU Alliance, Henry Derovanessian, Gateway, QoE, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
Humax Enters Production of Next Generation DIRECTV 'Genie' Server
Jan 8, 2013 – Humax (115160.KQ) has announced the recent approval for production of their DIRECTV (NASDAQ: DTV) HR44-500 'Genie' server, which will be combined with the Humax-manufactured C41-500 'mini Genie' client which is currently undergoing final certification.
News categories: Humax, DIRECTV, Digital TV, Gateway, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
RVU Alliance Expands to Include New Operators In Latin America
Jan 7, 2013 – The RVU Alliance has welcomed two new members, with Sky Mexico and DIRECTV PanAmericana, joining DIRECTV and Sky Brasil to the roster of Pay TV broadcast operators supporting the standard.
News categories: RVU Alliance, Sky Mexico, DIRECTV Latin America, Argentina, Caribbean, CES2021, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Gateway, Mexico, Peru, Puerto Rico, Smart Home, Uruguay, Venezuela
Next Generation RVU Specification Now Available
Jan 7, 2013 – The RVU Alliance has announced that the next generation of the RVU specification is now available. The RVU 2.0 specification updates the Remote User Interface (RUI) standard, adding vector graphics commands.
News categories: RVU Alliance, CES2021, Digital TV, Gateway, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Pace Achieves Production Approval for DIRECTV 'Genie' Server and Client
Jan 7, 2013 – Pace (LSE: PIC) has announced the recent approval for production of its DIRECTV (NASDAQ: DTV) HR44 'Genie' Media Server and C41 'mini Genie' device. These products are developed in compliance with the RVU protocol.
News categories: Pace plc, DIRECTV, RVU Alliance, Digital TV, Gateway, Placeshifting, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
Experience the RVU Remote User Interface Client-Server Solution Throughout IBC2012
Sep 6, 2012 – The RVU Alliance has announced several demonstrations of the RVU Remote User Interface (RUI) solution at the International Broadcasting Convention being held Sept. 7-11 in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
News categories: RVU Alliance, Gateway, IBCShowcase, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
RVU Alliance™ Remote User Interface Now Included in DLNA® Interoperability Guidelines
Mar 19, 2012 – The Digital Living Network Alliance® (DLNA®) and the RVU Alliance™ have announced that the RVU Alliance Remote User Interface (RUI) has been incorporated into the DLNA Interoperability Guidelines.
News categories: RVU Alliance, Digital Living Network Alliance, Gateway, Home Server, Middleware, Smart Home
Samsung Announces Set-Top 'Boxless' Viewing in All 2012 Smart TVs
Jan 10, 2012 – DIRECTV (NASDAQ: DTV) and Samsung (Seoul: 005930) have unveiled plans to offer DIRECTV's customers the ability to watch live broadcast and stored content from a DIRECTV DVR on Samsung's 2012 line of Smart TVs without the need for additional set-top boxes.
News categories: DIRECTV, Samsung, CES2021, Digital TV, DVR, Middleware, Satellite, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
RVU Alliance Announces Major Update to RVU Specification
Jan 5, 2012 – The RVU Alliance has announced a major upgrade to the RVU protocol standard. The RVU 2.0 specification is under development and will be released in early 2012.
News categories: RVU Alliance, Digital TV, Gateway, Home Server, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India
- VUALTO event orchestration and DRM chosen for ITV Hub VOD delivery
- Nielsen now tracking premium theatrical films on VOD platforms
- rlaxx TV now available on Amazon Fire TV and Android TV
- SK Broadband selects NAGRA forensic watermarking for IPTV STBs
- 24i integrates Float Left Roku framework with its app platform
- Survey shows 27% of U.S. households plan to cut cable TV in 2021
- Cellnex Telecom selects Intertrust DRM for LOVEStv
- Synamedia integrates security and watermarking with Akamai
- Five-year CAGR of 1.1% for pay-TV revenues in Thailand