Digital TV News: Rai
Set-top box market contraction will stabilize post-2024
Sep 29, 2022 – Set-top box (STB) shipments continued to decline in 2021, according to ABI Research. Subdued demand will result in a contraction of global annual STB shipments from 203.1 million in 2022 to 195.2 million in 2025.
News categories: ABI Research, Andrew Spivey, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Worldwide
beIN sports, iQIYI and TVBAnywhere+ apps now on Astro Ultra Box
Sep 21, 2022 – Astro Malaysia has launched the beIN SPORTS CONNECT, iQIYI and TVBAnywhere+ apps on its Ultra Box, allowing customers to stream more live sporting events and Asian entertainment on their big screen TV.
News categories: Astro TV, Euan Smith, Apps, Digital TV, Malaysia, Set Top Box, Streaming
Realtek first with a 4K STB SoC supporting VVC/H.266
Aug 29, 2022 – Realtek (Taiwan: 2379.TW) has announced the world's first 4K UHD set-top box SoC (RTD1319D) to support the latest video compression standard – Versatile Video Coding (VVC/H.266).
News categories: Realtek, Yee-Wei Huang, Digital TV, IBC2022, ICs, Media Player, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Alpha Networks and Container Media announce OTT platform partnership
Sep 9, 2022 – Container Media has allied with Alpha Networks to expand the reach of its OTT video platform. Container Media will benefit of Alpha Networks’ experience in the pay-TV and entertainment industries to allow it to address new regions, starting with the Americas.
News categories: Alpha Networks, Box Brazil Group, Container Media, Guillaume Devezeaux, Cícero Aragon, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2022, Streaming
SDMC and Amlogic integrate Google Common Broadcast Stack on Android TV
Sep 8, 2022 – SDMC and Amlogic have announced that they've completed the integration of Google Common Broadcast Stack (CBS) on set-top boxes powered by Android TV for cable operators, telcos and satellite TV service providers.
News categories: SDMC, Amlogic, David Li, James Xie, Android TV, Digital TV, IBC2022, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Teradek launches protocol for lowest latency streaming over the internet
Sep 6, 2022 – Teradek has launched ART, a streaming protocol that delivers secure, ultra-low latency audio and video over the public internet. With latency clocking in at sub-100ms over a WAN, ART breaks new ground for ultra-fast live video delivery.
News categories: Teradek, Michael Gailing, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2022, Streaming, Worldwide
MwareTV launches new App Builder at IBC2022
Sep 5, 2022 – MwareTV will demonstrate at IBC2022 the latest version of its core TV management system (TVMS) including a new App Builder which allows anyone to design a completely tailored and branded experience on any device.
News categories: MwareTV, Sander Kerstens, Apps, Digital TV, IBC2022, Worldwide
Paramount+ subscription bundled into Walmart+
Aug 15, 2022 – Walmart is taking its membership offering to the next level by adding a new streaming benefit. Walmart+ will soon be available for members with an added bonus – a Paramount+ Essential subscription at no extra cost.
News categories: Walmart, Paramount, Chris Cracchiolo, Jeff Shultz, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
ViX+, TelevisaUnivision’s premium SVOD tier, debuts on July 21
Jun 30, 2022 – TelevisaUnivision has announced that ViX+ will debut on July 21, in the U.S., Mexico, and most of Spanish-speaking Latin America. ViX+ is the premium tier of ViX, a streaming service created specifically for the Spanish-speaking world.
News categories: TelevisaUnivision, Pierluigi Gazzolo, Digital TV, Latin America, Mexico, Streaming, USA
- Astro Malaysia goes live with Synamedia engagement analytics
- Nielsen enables 'Always On' YouTube ad measurement
- Xperi completes spin-off to become independent public company
- Digicel launches OTT and IPTV services in the Caribbean with mediaClass
- Vodafone Portugal to acquire Nowo
- Eurofins divests Digital Testing business
- Smart Home device growth slows along with global economy, says IDC
- U.S. streamers now only spend 1 in 3 hours using traditional platforms
- ContentBay launches, bringing content licensing into the digital era
- Qualcomm and Rohde & Schwarz unveil 5G Broadcast system at IMC22
- BIA/Madhive report examines growth in US OTT ad spending
- Roku enabled for four-screen measurement in Nielsen Total Ad Ratings
- Online video advertising to generate three times more revenue than SVOD in 2027
- FreeWheel and Comscore launch Connected TV contextual targeting
- Set-top box market contraction will stabilize post-2024
- Red Bee, Nowtilus and Equativ launch FAST channels on LG Smart TVs with High View
- Pixalate releases H1 2022 CTV ad supply chain trends report
- Amazon upgrades Fire TV Cube and Alexa Voice Remote
- Metaverse device installed base to reach 100 million in 2024
- Smart speaker shipments exceeded 33 million in 2Q 2022