Digital TV News: Rakuten TV
Amogo Networx to launch FAST channels with Wurl
Jul 14, 2022 – Wurl has announced an agreement with Amogo Networx to launch the company’s Free Ad Supported TV (FAST) channels across various CTV platforms including Samsung TV, LG, Rakuten TV and Roku.
News categories: Wurl, Amogo Networx, Sean Doherty, Jr, Peter von Ondarza, Content Distribution, Digital TV, EU, Latin America, Streaming, USA
Gibtelecom launches new TV platform with Netgem
Jun 29, 2022 – Gibtelecom has launched its new TV offer based on Netgem's TV platform. With the platform, Gibtelecom benefits from Netgem's latest innovations in navigation (search, replay) and usage standardization between different devices (box and applications).
News categories: Netgem, Gibtelecom, Mathias Hautefort, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Gibraltar, IPTV, Set Top Box
UK's DTG publishes 'State of the Nation' report
May 10, 2022 – The Digital TV Group (DTG) has published findings from its annual ‘State of the Nation’ report. The report considers the key trends in the TV ecosystem and the consumer pain points that need addressing.
News categories: DTG, Richard Lindsay-Davies, Digital TV, Market Research, UK
Amagi secures $95 million investment in unicorn round
Mar 16, 2022 – Amagi has solidified its position with a new $95 million funding round followed by a 108% YoY growth in revenues. This financing round was led by Accel with participation from existing investors Norwest Venture Partners and Avataar Ventures.
News categories: Amagi, Accel, Norwest Venture Partners, Avataar Ventures, Baskar Subramanian, Shekhar Kirani, Dave Zilberman, Nishant Rao, Digital TV, Streaming, Venture Capital, Worldwide
Guardian-branded FAST channel launches on Rakuten TV
Mar 10, 2022 – A Guardian-branded FAST channel has launched on Rakuten TV, giving audiences in the UK and across Europe the opportunity to enjoy a range of Guardian documentaries and video journalism content, as part of a new partnership.
News categories: The Guardian, Rakuten TV, Robert Hahn, Christian Bennett, Cedric Dufour, Digital TV, Europe, Streaming, UK
Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
Jan 17, 2022 – Amagi has announced that Video Solutions AG has partnered with it to launch, distribute and monetize two AVOD channels – one in Germany and one in UK - on Samsung TV Plus, LG, Phillips, TCL, and Xiaomi.
News categories: Amagi, Video Solutions AG, Srinivasan KA, Chris Sharp, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, Streaming, UK
Despite recent growth, European AVOD market remains nascent
Dec 10, 2021 – Over the last three years, the number of AVOD users in Europe has significantly increased, according to Dataxis. Overall, there has been a noticeable growth acceleration in terms of traffic since 2018 in the continent.
News categories: Dataxis, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Streaming
Alchimie partners with Amagi for AVOD distribution
Nov 17, 2021 – Alchimie has partnered with Amagi for channel creation and distribution to AVOD platforms. Amagi is distributing 23 of Alchimie's channels to Rakuten TV and to Samsung TV Plus in 5 European countries – France, Spain, UK, Italy, and Germany.
News categories: Amagi, Alchimie, Srinivasan KA, Chittouma Sananikone, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Streaming, UK
Roku launches player line-up for Germany
Sep 27, 2021 – Roku has introduced its streaming player line-up for Germany, including the Roku Express, Roku Express 4K, Roku Streaming Stick 4K and Roku Streambar. Roku players are powered by the Roku OS.
News categories: Roku, Bart Bomers, Digital TV, Germany, Set Top Box, Streaming
- Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
- Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue to fall 3.6% in 2023
- Mediaroom Play powers streaming experiences for more viewers in Canada
- DAZN and Irdeto fight piracy in premium sports
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $243 billion in 2028
- VEON to sell Russian operations to their management
- MASMEDIA TV selects StreamVX energy-efficient encoding
- Regional versions of BBC One HD to roll out in England by Spring 2023
- New TV apps for TF1 and RTBF powered by Dotscreen
- Redge Media CDN joins EPIX traffic exchange
- Semiconductor market begins to shrink
- Bedrock migrates Videoland streaming subscribers to its latest platform
- Pixalate lists top CTV apps for October 2022
- El Financiero Bloomberg TV develops streaming app with TVCoins
- Garmin receives 2022 BMW Group Supplier Innovation Award
- In Sweden ad-supported video leads in weekly reach
- Accedo powers Janson Media direct-to-consumer streaming service
- Hisense second in global TV shipments
- DAZN now available on Foxxum CTV OS