Digital TV News: Rakuten TV
NPA Conseil, Médiamétrie publish French AVOD market report
Aug 31, 2023 – NPA Conseil and Médiamétrie have published the 2nd part of their AVoD Market Report survey, dedicated to monitoring the development of AVOD, FAST and more generally CTV ecosystems in France.
News categories: Médiamétrie, NPA Conseil, Digital TV, France, Market Research, Streaming
FIFA+ expands availability on CTV and FAST channel platforms
Jul 26, 2023 – FIFA has expanded the reach of FIFA+ with apps for Samsung TV, LG, VIDAA, Amazon Fire and Android TV, and FAST availability on Samsung TV Plus, LG Channels, VIDAA Channels, The Roku Channel and Rakuten TV.
News categories: FIFA, Charlotte Burr, Apps, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, TV OS, Worldwide
Amagi to power FAST channels on Cineverse
Jul 17, 2023 – Amagi is to provide its portfolio of FAST channels to the Cineverse (NASDAQ: CNVS) streaming service and add Cineverse's streaming channels to the Amagi CONNECT marketplace.
News categories: Cineverse, Amagi, Erick Opeka, Tony Huidor, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Connect Fibre ISP adds TV service with Netgem
Jul 5, 2023 – Netgem has announced that it will be powering Connect Fibre TV's new TV service in the UK, based on Netgem's streaming solution for ISPs and delivered through Netgem's 4K TV box.
News categories: Netgem, Connect Fibre, Sylvain Thevenot, Deryck Shepherd, Content Distribution, Finance, IPTV, Set Top Box, UK
health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
May 31, 2023 – Amagi has announced that health tv, a German private television station owned by the hospital group Asklepios, is making its foray into FAST using Amagi's cloud solutions.
News categories: Amagi, health tv, Srinivasan KA, Marina Gunesch, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, Streaming
Annual AVOD/FAST ad revenue already above €250m in the EU5
Apr 4, 2023 – In 2022, NPA Conseil and Médiamétrie estimate that AVOD and FAST advertising revenues reached €255 million in the EU5, with the UK and Germany accounting for 80%.
News categories: Médiamétrie, NPA Conseil, Laurence Deléchapt, Philippe Bailly, Advertising, Digital TV, EU, Market Research, Streaming, UK
Mainstream Media launches female-centred FAST channel with Amagi
Mar 16, 2023 – Amagi has announced that Mainstream Media AG has launched a female-centred FAST channel, Starke Frauen, using Amagi's CLOUDPORT for playout and THUNDERSTORM for ad insertion.
News categories: Amagi, Mainstream Media AG, Srinivasan KA, Tim Werner, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, Streaming
Rakuten brings SpringServe Tiles to Rakuten TV app
Feb 16, 2023 – SpringServe (Nasdaq: MGNI) has announced that Rakuten Advertising has adopted SpringServe Tiles to strengthen the impact of ad-supported campaigns on Rakuten TV. Tiles bring ad serving to the content discovery experience.
News categories: SpringServe, Rakuten, Leon Siotis, James Collins, Advertising, Apps, Digital TV, Europe, Streaming, UX
Amogo Networx to launch FAST channels with Wurl
Jul 14, 2022 – Wurl has announced an agreement with Amogo Networx to launch the company’s Free Ad Supported TV (FAST) channels across various CTV platforms including Samsung TV, LG, Rakuten TV and Roku.
News categories: Wurl, Amogo Networx, Sean Doherty, Jr, Peter von Ondarza, Content Distribution, Digital TV, EU, Latin America, Streaming, USA
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set
- TVMonaco chooses OKAST streaming platform
- DAZN Edge platform expands coverage in Europe with MainStreaming
- LG presents vision to become media and entertainment platform company
- UK PSBs developing broadband-delivered free TV service
- ZTE and Netgem collaborate on cloud gaming for Android TV
- Rokid shows portable Android TV device for AR glasses at IBC
- NPAW introduces Nokia-developed video probe at IBC 2023
- Eutelsat and ENENSYS show live DVB-NIP over 5G at IBC