Digital TV News: SENSIO
SENSIO 3D VOD service coming to Samsung Smart TV
Apr 29, 2015 – SENSIO (TSX VENTURE:SIO) has announced that it has signed an agreement with Samsung to make 3DGO! available on Samsung's smart TV platforms. The launch is expected in the second half of 2015 in North America.
News categories: SENSIO, Samsung, Nicholas Routhier, Apps, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA, VR
SENSIO launches Ultra HD format for 3DTV
Jan 5, 2015 – SENSIO (TSX VENTURE:SIO) has announced the launch of SENSIO 3D/4K, its 3D format optimized for ultra-high definition (UHD) 3DTVs. The format is compatible with all video compression codecs including HEVC.
News categories: SENSIO, Nicholas Routhier, CES2022, Digital TV, Smart TV, VR, Worldwide
TCL and SENSIO announce planned integration of SENSIO® Hi-Fi 3D technology in 3DTVs
Jan 10, 2012 – TCL (SZSE: 000100) and SENSIO (TSX-V: SIO) have announced the signing of a letter of intent (LOI) to work together towards the integration of the SENSIO® Hi-Fi 3D technology in TCL 3DTVs.
News categories: SENSIO, TCL Corp, China, Digital TV, Smart TV, VR
Marvell chipset for 3DTVs integrates SENSIO® Hi-Fi 3D
Dec 7, 2011 – SENSIO (TSX.V: SIO) has announced that Marvell (Nasdaq: MRVL) has an HD Media SoC family featuring SENSIO's high-fidelity frame-compatible 3D technology. The family of SoCs is tailored to 3DTVs.
News categories: SENSIO, Marvell, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smart TV, VR
Zoran Adds Value to New Consumer-Electronics SoCs With Integration of SENSIO®Hi-Fi 3D
Jan 24, 2011 – SENSIO Technologies (TSX VENTURE:SIO) has announced that Zoran will integrate SENSIO® Hi-Fi 3D decoding technology into new Zoran system-on-a-chip (SoC) solutions for 3D-capable audiovisual products, including TVs and set-top boxes (STBs).
News categories: SENSIO, Zoran, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Smart TV, VR
CyberLink to integrate SENSIO® Hi-Fi 3D technology into media player software for PC market
Jan 7, 2011 – SENSIO Technologies (TSX.V: SIO) and CyberLink (5203.TW) have announced an agreement through which SENSIO's 3D decoding technology will be integrated into the Cyberlink PowerDVD media player software for retail sale and in custom versions for the OEM market.
News categories: SENSIO, CyberLink, Media Player, Streaming, VR
Sigma Designs Launches First Studio-Grade Set Top Box SoC
Jan 3, 2011 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has introduced its SMP8910 media processor. The SMP8910 is the first chip to integrate VXP studio quality video processing and the most flexible 3D video processing into a high-performance media processor.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Digital TV, ICs, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming, VR
SENSIO Puts SENSIO® 3D Technology and Expertise to Work for Videotron
Nov 17, 2010 – SENSIO (TSX.V: SIO) has announced that it has signed an agreement with Videotron (Toronto: QBR.A; QBR.B), the leading integrated communications company in Quebec. As part of its broadcasting activities, Videotron will launch a 3D content offering this December.
News categories: SENSIO, Videotron, Cable TV, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, VR
SENSIO and MediaTek Join to Offer High-Quality 3D-Capable SoC Products Targeted to Newest 3DTVs
Nov 10, 2010 – SENSIO Technologies (TSX VENTURE:SIO) has announced that it is teaming up with MediaTek (Taipei: 2454) to integrate SENSIO® 3D technology into MediaTek products targeted at the 3DTV market.
News categories: SENSIO, MediaTek, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart TV, VR
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 373,000 in 4Q 2021
- Swedish standalone SVOD revenues hit new record in 2021
- castLabs and Lemonade.TV+ work together on DRM and video playback
- Roku #1 TV streaming platform in Canada
- Claro video comes to ZEASN-powered smart TVs in Latin America
- Vewd For Automotive enables premium entertainment in Skywell electric SUV
- WarnerMedia adds 4.3 million HBO Max and HBO subscribers in 4Q 2021
- 5G-MAG joins forces with DVB on the future of TV over 5G
- LG Ads introduces suite of Guaranteed Outcome-based media offerings
- Breezeline selects Vecima and TiVo to support its expansion
- Bitcentral acquires Powr.tv
- Friend MTS extends content protection deal with Lega Serie A
- Cinedigm launches streaming channels on AR glasses with Nreal
- NextGen TV broadcasting begins in Green Bay, WI
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 69,000 in 4Q 2021
- TV shipments expected to reach 217 million units in 2022
- Vodafone Portugal launches hands-free entertainment and Smart Home hub with UEI
- Evoca expands to Denver with Altitude Sports
- European Parliament agrees Digital Services Act (DSA) proposal
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 25.1% in 2021