Digital TV News: SENSIO
SENSIO 3D VOD service coming to Samsung Smart TV
Apr 29, 2015 – SENSIO (TSX VENTURE:SIO) has announced that it has signed an agreement with Samsung to make 3DGO! available on Samsung's smart TV platforms. The launch is expected in the second half of 2015 in North America.
News categories: SENSIO, Samsung, Nicholas Routhier, Apps, Digital TV, Metaverse, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
SENSIO launches Ultra HD format for 3DTV
Jan 5, 2015 – SENSIO (TSX VENTURE:SIO) has announced the launch of SENSIO 3D/4K, its 3D format optimized for ultra-high definition (UHD) 3DTVs. The format is compatible with all video compression codecs including HEVC.
News categories: SENSIO, Nicholas Routhier, CES2023, Digital TV, Metaverse, Smart TV, Worldwide
TCL and SENSIO announce planned integration of SENSIO® Hi-Fi 3D technology in 3DTVs
Jan 10, 2012 – TCL (SZSE: 000100) and SENSIO (TSX-V: SIO) have announced the signing of a letter of intent (LOI) to work together towards the integration of the SENSIO® Hi-Fi 3D technology in TCL 3DTVs.
News categories: SENSIO, TCL Corp, China, Digital TV, Metaverse, Smart TV
Marvell chipset for 3DTVs integrates SENSIO® Hi-Fi 3D
Dec 7, 2011 – SENSIO (TSX.V: SIO) has announced that Marvell (Nasdaq: MRVL) has an HD Media SoC family featuring SENSIO's high-fidelity frame-compatible 3D technology. The family of SoCs is tailored to 3DTVs.
News categories: SENSIO, Marvell, Digital TV, Metaverse, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smart TV
Zoran Adds Value to New Consumer-Electronics SoCs With Integration of SENSIO®Hi-Fi 3D
Jan 24, 2011 – SENSIO Technologies (TSX VENTURE:SIO) has announced that Zoran will integrate SENSIO® Hi-Fi 3D decoding technology into new Zoran system-on-a-chip (SoC) solutions for 3D-capable audiovisual products, including TVs and set-top boxes (STBs).
News categories: SENSIO, Zoran, Digital TV, Metaverse, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Smart TV
CyberLink to integrate SENSIO® Hi-Fi 3D technology into media player software for PC market
Jan 7, 2011 – SENSIO Technologies (TSX.V: SIO) and CyberLink (5203.TW) have announced an agreement through which SENSIO's 3D decoding technology will be integrated into the Cyberlink PowerDVD media player software for retail sale and in custom versions for the OEM market.
News categories: SENSIO, CyberLink, Media Player, Metaverse, Streaming
Sigma Designs Launches First Studio-Grade Set Top Box SoC
Jan 3, 2011 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has introduced its SMP8910 media processor. The SMP8910 is the first chip to integrate VXP studio quality video processing and the most flexible 3D video processing into a high-performance media processor.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Digital TV, ICs, IPTV, Metaverse, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming
SENSIO Puts SENSIO® 3D Technology and Expertise to Work for Videotron
Nov 17, 2010 – SENSIO (TSX.V: SIO) has announced that it has signed an agreement with Videotron (Toronto: QBR.A; QBR.B), the leading integrated communications company in Quebec. As part of its broadcasting activities, Videotron will launch a 3D content offering this December.
News categories: SENSIO, Videotron, Cable TV, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Metaverse
SENSIO and MediaTek Join to Offer High-Quality 3D-Capable SoC Products Targeted to Newest 3DTVs
Nov 10, 2010 – SENSIO Technologies (TSX VENTURE:SIO) has announced that it is teaming up with MediaTek (Taipei: 2454) to integrate SENSIO® 3D technology into MediaTek products targeted at the 3DTV market.
News categories: SENSIO, MediaTek, Digital TV, Metaverse, Semiconductor, Smart TV
- Hisense no. 1 in TV shipments in December 2022
- LG adds Apple integrations to webOS Hub smart TV platform
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars