Digital TV News: SK Telecom
Asia subscription TV figures higher than ROW combined
Nov 4, 2009 – The Cable & Satellite Broadcasting Association of Asia (CASBAA) has announced new data for subscription TV penetration across the Asia Pacific, noting that the region now has 326 million pay-TV, up 26 million homes in 2009.
News categories: CASBAA, Asia, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, India, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
SanDisk and SK Telecom Launch New Card-Based Solution for Mobile TV and Personal Video Recording
Feb 11, 2008 – SanDisk® (NASDAQ: SNDK) and SK Telecom (NYSE : SKM) have announced that the companies have completed the development of a new solution for mobile television and mobile personal video recorder (PVR) capability.
News categories: SanDisk, SK Telecom, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, DVR, Mobile, MWC20
SK Telecom to launch Internet-TV service
Dec 18, 2007 – SK Telecom Co., South Korea's top mobile carrier, has said that it plans to launch a video-on-demand (VOD) TV service that can be used through any Internet operator.
News categories: SK Telecom, Broadband, Digital TV, Korea, OTT, Set Top Box
Korea - Satellite Mobile TV's SOS Unanswered
Nov 28, 2007 – Squashed by mounting losses, TU Media is sending rescue calls to the government and to major shareholder SK Telecom, only to receive a cold or indifferent response.
News categories: TU Media, Digital TV, Finance, Korea, Mobile
Mobile Broadband Enabled Consumer Electronics Devices Will Expand in 2008
Oct 5, 2007 – There is a new class of devices emerging on the horizon: a convergence of everyday consumer electronics and mobile broadband.
News categories: ABI Research, Broadband, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile
EchoStar Invests $40 Million in TU Media Corp.
Feb 21, 2007 – EchoStar Asia Holdings, a subsidiary of EchoStar Communications (NASDAQ:DISH), has announced that it has invested $40 million in TU Media, South Korea's only operator of S-DMB services with more than one million subscribers.
News categories: EchoStar, TU Media, Digital TV, Korea, Mobile, Satellite
KT, C-CUBE Consortium Successfully Complete IPTV Trial Supported By NDS
Jan 19, 2007 – NDS (NASDAQ: NNDS) has announced that KT and the C-Cube consortium, having selected NDS' market leading content protection solutions, have successfully completed one of the first IPTV trials in South Korea.
News categories: NDS Group, KT, Conditional Access, Content Protection, IPTV, Korea
Mainland China to Have Over 32 Million Mobile Video Users in 2008
Dec 21, 2006 – The mobile video market in China will take off in 2008, driven by interest in the Beijing Olympics. A new study from ABI Research forecasts total mobile video users at more than 32 million in 2008.
News categories: ABI Research, China, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile
- Egyptian National Media Authority to deploy R&S DVB-T2 transmitters
- TiVo selects Pindrop voice authentication
- Comscore to offer cross-platform movie measurement
- Sales of Smart TVs up 20% in Germany in 2020
- RTL AdConnect and smartclip team up on addressable advertising
- TV markets growing in Central Asia driven by OTT and mobile
- Competition driving OTT TV & video subscription growth
- WarnerMedia taps Alpha Networks to power UX for Toonami Max
- Wyplay becomes Alexa Solution Provider
- Sky Media appoints TVbeat as TV data verification partner
- Amazon wins as British viewers are desperate for more sport
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers