Digital TV News: Siano Mobile Silicon
Siano launches advanced receiver chip for DVB-T2
Dec 16, 2013 – Siano has announced the launch of a new receiver chip designed exclusively for automotive and mobile consumer electronics applications. The SMS4470 combines an RF tuner with a channel decoding processor, optimized for automotive and mobile devices.
News categories: Siano, Morris Chiao, Thomas Adam, Digital TV, DVB-T2, ICs, In-Car, Mobile, Semiconductor, Terrestrial
BYD to Launch Two Car Models with Mobile Digital TV Powered by Siano
Jan 2, 2013 – Siano has announce a partnership with BYD to integrate Siano-powered entertainment systems into BYD cars. Starting in Q1 2013, BYD's BYD S6 and the Surai compact sedan will be equipped with multimedia/infotainment systems with mobile DTV powered by Siano.
News categories: Siano, BYD, In-Car, Mobile, Semiconductor
BRIC Countries to Drive DTT Receiver Market
Jul 23, 2012 – Global Industry Analysts (GIA) has announced the release of a report on the DTT Receiver market. The active base for DTT Receivers is projected to reach 2.4 billion units by 2018, driven by TV digitization in the BRIC countries.
News categories: Global Industry Analysts, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Siano and Marvell Enhance CMMB Devices with Picture-in-Picture (PiP) Functionality
May 17, 2012 – Siano has announced a collaboration with Marvell (Nasdaq: MRVL) and ZTE (SEHK:0763; Shanghai:000063) aimed at bringing Picture-in-Picture functionality to CMMB users, for example to allow one program to be watched while waiting for another to start.
News categories: Siano, Marvell, ZTE, China, Digital TV, Mobile, Semiconductor, Smartphone
Siano Launches New Products for Japanese Mobile DTV Market
Mar 12, 2012 – Siano Mobile Silicon has announced that is also rolling out a family of new receiver chips designed to serve Japan's mobile and portable DTV markets, as well as the ISDB-Tmm market, Japan's new mobile Pay-TV initiative.
News categories: Siano, DoCoMo, Digital TV, ICs, Japan, Mobile, Semiconductor
Siano and LIFIA Team Up to Support Mobile DTV Project in Argentina
Feb 29, 2012 – Siano and LIFIA-UNLP, an IT R&D research group out of Argentina's La Plata University, have announced a combined 'Ginga' DTV solution for Windows and Linux PC applications in mobile devices.
News categories: Siano, LIFIA, Argentina, Middleware, MWC23, Peripherals / Accessories, Portable, SBTVD, Semiconductor, Terrestrial
Belkin & Siano Announce Collaborative Efforts to Promote Mobile Digital TV via New Products
Jan 10, 2012 – Belkin and Siano have announced a collaborative partnership that will enable both companies to design, develop and market high-quality mobile digital TV solutions.
News categories: Siano, Belkin, CES2024, Mobile, Semiconductor, Smartphone, Tablet, USA
U.S. Mobile Digital TV Expands to 120 Stations
Jan 6, 2012 – The Open Mobile Video Coalition (OMVC) has announced that a wide array of device manufacturers, service operators and technology companies will feature at the Mobile DTV TechZone during next week's consumer electronics show in Las Vegas.
News categories: Open Mobile Video Coalition, CES2024, Mobile, USA
Siano Debuts RallyTV, Bringing Live In-Vehicle Digital TV Directly to Apple, Android and BlackBerry Smartphones, Tablets, and Laptops
Jan 4, 2012 – Siano has announced the launch of RallyTV, a new platform for the delivery of high-quality, live in-vehicle digital TV for consumers on-the-go. RallyTV enables travelers to enjoy live TV broadcasts directly on their smartphones, tablets, and laptops.
News categories: Siano, CES2024, In-Car, Mobile, Semiconductor, Smartphone, Tablet, USA
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification
- Bouygues Telecom streams video in Multicast ABR with Broadpeak
- iWedia releases test solution for HbbTV device compliance
- Utomik to bring cloud gaming to VIDAA Smart TVs
- Avid provides Iceland's RÚV with ingest and playout solution
- Global pay TV penetration to fall for the first time in 2024