Digital TV News: Sistema
Millicom acquires Telefónica’s operations in Panama, Costa Rica and Nicaragua
Feb 20, 2019 – Millicom has announced that it has entered into agreements with Telefónica to acquire the entire share capital of Telefónica Móviles Panamá, Telefónica de Costa Rica and Telefonía Celular de Nicaragua for a combined enterprise value of $1,650 million.
News categories: Millicom, Telefónica, Mauricio Ramos, Costa Rica, MandA, Nicaragua, Panama
MTS launches satellite TV in Russia
Nov 12, 2014 – Mobile TeleSystems (MTS) [NYSE: MBT] in partnership with Sistema Mass Media (SMM) [LSE: SSA] has announced the launch of satellite TV services under the MTS brand throughout Russia. MTS will offer subscribers 160 TV channels.
News categories: Mobile TeleSystems, Vasyl Latsanych, Vitaly Studitskikh, Digital TV, Russia, Satellite
DIRECTV leads Ecuador's pay TV market in 2Q 2014
Aug 19, 2014 – Ecuador’s Superintendencia de Telecomunicaciones (SUPERTEL) has released pay TV statistics for the top 10 pay TV operators in the country to the end of June 2014. DIRECTV's satellite service had the largest subscriber share at 35%.
News categories: SUPERTEL, Cable TV, Digital TV, Ecuador, Satellite, Subscribers
MTS sole bidder for DTH on ABS-2 over Russia
Jul 14, 2014 – Russia's ROSKOMNADZOR has said that it has received only one application to run a DTH television service on ABS-2. The single bidder was Sistema. According to RBC Daily, the service will be operated by MTS, a company controlled by Sistema.
News categories: Mobile TeleSystems, Sistema, ROSKOMNADZOR, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Regulation, Russia, Satellite
Amper wins Telefónica Latin America STB contract
Nov 18, 2013 – Amper Group, through its subsidiary Amper Sistemas, has announced that it has been awarded a contract by Telefónica to supply set-top boxes for its services in Latin America.
News categories: Amper Group, Telefónica, Digital TV, Latin America, Peru, Satellite, Set Top Box
Sistema finishes 2012 with 7.5 million Stream-TV subscribers
Apr 16, 2013 – Sistema JSFC (LSE: SSA) has announced its results for the fourth quarter and full year ended December 31, 2012. The company's Stream-TV subscriber base increased by 21.0% in 2012 to 7.5 million subscribers.
News categories: Sistema Mass Media, Results, Russia, Subscribers
Idea! Electronic Systems Selects Mixed-Signal IP from S3 Group for Digital TV ASIC
Aug 29, 2011 – S3 Group has announced that Idea! Electronic Systems has licensed its mixed-signal IP for their Digital TV ASIC. Idea! Electronic Systems is an engineering design-house specialized in electronic design for the telecommunication industry.
News categories: S3 Group, Idea! Electronic Systems, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
SBTVD Forum signs promotion agreement with South Africa's NAMEC
Sep 29, 2010 – The SBTVD Forum has signed an MOU with NAMEC promising to provide technical training to South African companies should Brazil's version of ISDB-T be adopted in South Africa, in return for NAMEC promoting the standard.
News categories: SBTVD Forum, NAMEC, ISDB-T, SBTVD, South Africa, Terrestrial
Marvell Acquires DS2 Technology
Aug 19, 2010 – Marvell (Nasdaq: MRVL) has announced that it has acquired the intellectual property and assets of Diseno de Sistemas en Silicio S.A. ("DS2"), a supplier of high speed semiconductor solutions for powerline communications.
News categories: Marvell, DS2, MandA, Semiconductor, Smart Home
- Vewd enables video calling and targeted advertising on the TV
- Rakuten and Telefónica launch event booking app on Movistar+ TV
- C&W Panamá to acquire América Móvil's Panama operations
- Actus Digital to show optimized OTA and OTT monitoring at NAB Amplify
- netplus.ch selects Agama for network monitoring and analytics
- FTTH deployment progressing at a rapid pace in Europe
- Ad Insertion Platform integrates Zixi for targeted ad delivery
- Città Telecom selects SmartLabs for OTT provision
- NAB Show 2021 cancelled as an in person event
- Whip Media partners with Simply.TV for TV metadata
- Record-breaking U.S. movie and TV viewership continued in 1H 2021
- NEXTGEN TV launched in Cincinnati, OH
- Accedo adds support for multiple DRMs to its Marketplace
- Amagi adds FAST channels to Rakuten TV line-up
- Telefónica securely signs Proteus STB software images with Fastcom
- ZEE5 harnesses customer data insights with CSG
- Over 50% of U.S. households now combine a Big 3 SVOD service with at least one other
- SeaChange powers streaming and adtech for Popcornflix app
- Vubiquity renews content licensing and processing deal with izzi
- Credersi selected to provide global training to RDK community