Digital TV News: Synamedia
Allente deploys Synamedia SaaS security for OTT
Apr 26, 2022 – Synamedia has announced that Allente is deploying Synamedia's SaaS solutions to protect all streamed TV and video content. Synamedia OTT ServiceGuard and multi-DRM solutions will allow Allente to securely stream content across any open platform and to all devices.
News categories: Synamedia, Allente, Yael Fainaro, Jon Espen Nergård, Content Protection, Digital TV, Norway, Streaming
Synamedia brings AI to its Edge CDN solution
Apr 25, 2022 – Synamedia has unveiled a set of AI traffic management features for its Edge CDN solution. The advanced capabilities simplify the process of onboarding new services, while delivering a fast return on investment (ROI).
News categories: Synamedia, Elke Hungenaert, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
Synamedia expands Synamedia Go cloud video suite
Apr 25, 2022 – Synamedia has announced the launch of its complete Synamedia Go cloud video suite. Synamedia Go offers video service providers everything they need to launch a streaming service as well as the ability to customize it to increase value.
News categories: Synamedia, Nick Thexton, Tom Morrod, Advertising, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
Synamedia and 3SS develop TV apps for Etisalat's Switch TV
Apr 19, 2022 – Etisalat UAE has chosen Synamedia and 3SS to provide TV apps for its D2C streaming service, Switch TV. 3SS and Synamedia developed apps for LG and Samsung TVs, with Synamedia also developing an Apple TV app.
News categories: 3SS, Synamedia, Etisalat, Kai-Christian Borchers, Jean-Francois Pigeon, Jonathan Haysom, Apps, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, UAE
Synamedia delivers live 8K BT Sport using single AMD CPU for encoding
Apr 14, 2022 – Synamedia has announced that its VIVID Compression platform, powered by AMD EPYC™ 7763 processors, distributed BT Sport’s 8K-UHD broadcast of the Saracens vs. Bristol Bears Gallagher Premiership Rugby on March 26, 2022.
News categories: Synamedia, AMD, BT Sport, Elke Hungenaert, James Knight, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Semiconductor, UK
HbbTV Association adds seven new members
Feb 8, 2022 – The HbbTV Association has announced that ATET, Digita Oy, Ocean Blue Software (OBS), Rundfunk Berlin-Brandenburg (rbb), Skyworth Group & Shenzhen Chuangwei-RGB Electronics, Synamedia and ZEASN Europe have joined the in the past 12 months.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Vincent Grivet, Digital TV, HbbTV, Worldwide
Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
Jan 18, 2022 – Cgates has gone live with Synamedia virtualized DCM to support the encoding of its 200 cable channels, in HD and 4K. Complementing the virtualized DCM, Cgates is also deploying Synamedia's Adaptive Bit Rate (ABR) headend.
News categories: Synamedia, Cgates, Julien Signès, Tomas Burovas, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Lithuania, Streaming
Synamedia participating in Howard NEXTGEN TV Broadcast Collaborative
Dec 21, 2021 – Synamedia has announced its participation in the Howard NEXTGEN TV Broadcast Collaborative bringing ATSC 3.0 to Washington, D.C. The Collaborative was established by Pearl TV in coordination with Howard University.
News categories: Synamedia, Pearl TV, Elke Hungenaer, Dave Folsom, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Sangli deploys Synamedia video network solutions
Dec 16, 2021 – Synamedia has announced that Sangli Media Communication has deployed Synamedia's video network solutions allowing it to increase the number of channels it delivers to local cable operators in Maharastra while reducing bandwidth.
News categories: Synamedia, Sangli Media Communication, Khushvant Kundi, Madhav Betgeri, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated
- 7.9 million Disney+ subscribers added in 1Q 2022
- Gaumont launches SVOD on Netgem Content-as-a-Service platform
- AMC+ coming to Orange Spain's entertainment offering in June
- Liberty Global video subscribers down 21,900 in Q1 2022
- First TVs powered by TiVo Stream OS expected in late 2023/early 2024
- AMC adds 431,000 paid streaming subscribers in 1Q 2022
- NOS Portugal adds 2,100 pay TV subscribers in 1Q 2022
- Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment to acquire Redbox
- Tivù launches USB-based CAM supporting 4K TV with SmarDTV
- Mango TV added to NetRange Smart TV App Store
- Samba TV releases State of Viewership Report for Q1 2022
- Globecast, France Télévisions and Orange trial 4K channel and 5G contribution in La Réunion
- TSA selects Agama for TV channel service and quality assurance
- M7 Group integrates pay TV service into TP Vision smart TVs
- 61% of U.S. livestreaming viewers watch sports
- Global telecoms market saw growth in 2021 except in pay TV
- UK's DTG publishes 'State of the Nation' report