Digital TV News: Synamedia
Synamedia extends OTT piracy protection to the CDN
Oct 7, 2021 – Synamedia has launched Synamedia OTT ServiceGuard, the first solution to protect content across all open platforms - whether mobile, browsers, or smart TVs - and the first to extend service protection to the CDN.
News categories: Synamedia, Nitsan Baider, Janice Pearson, Jennifer Kent, Content Protection, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Synamedia offers 'zero compromise' 8K encoding using AMD EPYC processors
Sep 29, 2021 – Synamedia has announced that it has achieved 8K real-time encoding and streaming with ‘zero compromise’ on its VIVID Compression platform powered by AMD EPYC 7763 processors.
News categories: Synamedia, AMD, Elke Hungenaert, James Knight, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Synamedia pre-integrates security and business solutions with Android TV
Sep 1, 2021 – Synamedia, using Google’s Broadcast Stack for hybrid STBs, has developed pre-integrated Android TV solutions including UIs, watermarking and broadcast/OTT security, business insights and addressable advertising.
News categories: Synamedia, Nick Thexton, Advertising, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
Fox selects Synamedia broadcast solution for Orlando ATSC 3.0 rollout
Aug 24, 2021 – Synamedia has announced that Fox Television Stations will use its broadcast solution, featuring its virtual Digital Content Manager, to support the rollout of ATSC 3.0 in the Orlando, Florida market.
News categories: Synamedia, Fox, Julien Signès, Jeff Roberts, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Synamedia acquires ContentArmor
Aug 9, 2021 – Synamedia has acquired ContentArmor, a developer of forensic watermarking solutions. Synamedia is now uniquely placed to meet video service providers' edge and 5G security demands.
News categories: Synamedia, ContentArmor, Paul Segre, Alain Durand, 5G, Digital TV, MandA, Watermarking, Worldwide
Synamedia unveils suite of data-driven SaaS products for pay TV
Mar 17, 2021 – Synamedia has unveiled Synamedia Go, a modular suite of data-driven SaaS services that provide a way for pay-TV operators and OTT/D2C streaming providers to augment and create value from their technology platforms.
News categories: Synamedia, Nick Thexton, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
Sports piracy reduction could unlock $28.3bn in new revenue
Mar 15, 2021 – Service providers and rights holders can unlock up to $28.3 billion in new revenue each year by reducing sports piracy, according to a report from Synamedia in partnership with Ampere Analysis.
News categories: Synamedia, Ampere Analysis, Yael Fainaro, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Synamedia launches Clarissa business insights solution
Feb 17, 2021 – Synamedia has launched Clarissa, a business insights solution that takes a holistic view of traditional pay-TV and OTT businesses to reveal critical behavioral and consumption insights.
News categories: Synamedia, Amruta Shankar, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, QoE, UX, Worldwide
Synamedia integrates security and watermarking with Akamai
Jan 12, 2021 – Synamedia's security and watermarking solutions are now integrated with the Akamai Intelligent Edge Platform. The combination detects pirate streams in real time and redirect viewers to legitimate services.
News categories: Synamedia, Akamai, Yael Fainaro, Amit Kasturia, CES2022, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Watermarking, Worldwide
- 78% of households in Europe's Top 5 countries watch CTV
- Redbox completes business combination with Seaport Global Acquisition Corp.
- DTH subscribers up 290,000 in India in 2Q 2021
- Global IPTV subscriber numbers to overtake cable in 2026
- Sky Glass powered by Amlogic and RDK
- Panther Logistics appointed as delivery partner for Sky Glass
- VumaTV goes global with Red Bee Media
- Pixalate releases report on open programmatic CTV advertising trends
- Foxtel and ViacomCBS agree content distribution and apps deal
- BBC sets out path to Net Zero by 2030
- A quarter of U.S. households subscribe to broadband but not Pay TV
- Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
- Accedo and Nreal bring streaming to lightweight AR glasses
- HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
- RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV
- Claro Box TV streaming in Colombia powered by Harmonic
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 68,000 in 3Q 2021
- Vodafone España provides real-time accurate EPG with Alpha Networks and MediaData TV
- Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats
- Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement