Digital TV News: Synamedia
Synamedia acquires Quortex
Jul 12, 2022 – Synamedia has acquired Quortex, a privately-held cloud video delivery platform provider. With the acquisition, Synamedia adds solutions for content processing, disaster recovery and live events.
News categories: Synamedia, Quortex, Julien Signes, Marc Baillavoine, Ben Keen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MandA, Streaming, Worldwide
Synamedia acquires content discovery platform provider, Utelly
May 25, 2022 – Synamedia has announced the acquisition of Utelly, a content discovery platform provider. Its offerings include metadata aggregation, search and recommendations, as well as content management and a content promotion engine.
News categories: Synamedia, Utelly, Paul Segre, Romain Eude, Big Data, Digital TV, MandA, UK, UX, Worldwide
Allente deploys Synamedia SaaS security for OTT
Apr 26, 2022 – Synamedia has announced that Allente is deploying Synamedia's SaaS solutions to protect all streamed TV and video content. Synamedia OTT ServiceGuard and multi-DRM solutions will allow Allente to securely stream content across any open platform and to all devices.
News categories: Synamedia, Allente, Yael Fainaro, Jon Espen Nergård, Content Protection, Digital TV, Norway, Streaming
Synamedia brings AI to its Edge CDN solution
Apr 25, 2022 – Synamedia has unveiled a set of AI traffic management features for its Edge CDN solution. The advanced capabilities simplify the process of onboarding new services, while delivering a fast return on investment (ROI).
News categories: Synamedia, Elke Hungenaert, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
Synamedia expands Synamedia Go cloud video suite
Apr 25, 2022 – Synamedia has announced the launch of its complete Synamedia Go cloud video suite. Synamedia Go offers video service providers everything they need to launch a streaming service as well as the ability to customize it to increase value.
News categories: Synamedia, Nick Thexton, Tom Morrod, Advertising, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
Synamedia and 3SS develop TV apps for Etisalat's Switch TV
Apr 19, 2022 – Etisalat UAE has chosen Synamedia and 3SS to provide TV apps for its D2C streaming service, Switch TV. 3SS and Synamedia developed apps for LG and Samsung TVs, with Synamedia also developing an Apple TV app.
News categories: 3SS, Synamedia, Etisalat, Kai-Christian Borchers, Jean-Francois Pigeon, Jonathan Haysom, Apps, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, UAE
Synamedia delivers live 8K BT Sport using single AMD CPU for encoding
Apr 14, 2022 – Synamedia has announced that its VIVID Compression platform, powered by AMD EPYC™ 7763 processors, distributed BT Sport’s 8K-UHD broadcast of the Saracens vs. Bristol Bears Gallagher Premiership Rugby on March 26, 2022.
News categories: Synamedia, AMD, BT Sport, Elke Hungenaert, James Knight, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Semiconductor, UK
HbbTV Association adds seven new members
Feb 8, 2022 – The HbbTV Association has announced that ATET, Digita Oy, Ocean Blue Software (OBS), Rundfunk Berlin-Brandenburg (rbb), Skyworth Group & Shenzhen Chuangwei-RGB Electronics, Synamedia and ZEASN Europe have joined the in the past 12 months.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Vincent Grivet, Digital TV, HbbTV, Worldwide
Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
Jan 18, 2022 – Cgates has gone live with Synamedia virtualized DCM to support the encoding of its 200 cable channels, in HD and 4K. Complementing the virtualized DCM, Cgates is also deploying Synamedia's Adaptive Bit Rate (ABR) headend.
News categories: Synamedia, Cgates, Julien Signès, Tomas Burovas, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Lithuania, Streaming
- UK entertainment and media companies hold their nerve despite economic headwinds
- TV5MONDE adds TV5MONDE Pacifique HD to its bouquet on AsiaSat 5
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Roanoke-Lynchburg
- TripleLift and Zype to bring in-show programmatic ads to CTV
- OpenAP announces interoperability with FreeWheel, Magnite and Xandr
- Sky Stream IP-only STB to launch in the UK on October 18th
- MultiChoice launches DStv Streama STB in South Africa
- Skytel expands video services in Mongolia with Mirada
- Report from the CTA explores gaming's post-pandemic popularity
- Spectrum TV app available on XClass TVs
- Global pay TV subscribers to remain at around one billion
- Realtek and Irdeto develop RDK and Android TV hybrid STB
- Streaming dominates UK television landscape
- Sky NZ reveals IP-only solution for VodafoneTV customers
- IAB Tech Lab releases updates to SIMID 1.2 and VAST 4.3 for comment
- Semiconductor market slowdown picks up speed
- MultiChoice to be second syndication partner for Sky Glass
- Canadian program drives energy efficiency of new set-top boxes
- Tring selects multiscreen solution from SmartLabs
- TP Vision to be launch partner for DTG DVB-I Test Suite