Digital TV News: Synamedia
Vodafone Deutschland deploys Synamedia analytics on its GigaTV service
May 2, 2023 – Vodafone Deutschland has gone live with Synamedia's Clarissa analytics solution to help evaluate advertising performance and reveal actionable insights into viewing behaviour on its GigaTV service.
News categories: Synamedia, Vodafone, Amruta Shankar, Lucy Norris, Wolfgang Zeller, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, Germany
Cellnex selects Synamedia for RTVE's broadcasting across Spain
Apr 12, 2023 – Cellnex will be deploying Synamedia's virtual Digital Content Manager (vDCM) to enable RTVE to optimise bandwidth while enhancing image quality using vDCM's compression and processing.
News categories: Synamedia, Cellnex, RTVE, Meir Lehrer, Xavi Redon, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Spain
Synamedia brings cloud, streaming and distribution technologies to NAB 2023
Apr 6, 2023 – Synamedia has announced its NAB Show line-up of technologies that enable the distribution and delivery of streaming content across the spectrum of sports, from local clubs to global events.
News categories: Synamedia, Julien Signes, Broadcast, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, Worldwide
Synamedia launches pay-as-you-use SaaS video distribution platform
Apr 5, 2023 – Synamedia has unveiled Quortex Link, a pay-as-you-use, self-service SaaS platform for video distribution. Quortex Link reduces the time and investment required to establish video distribution links.
News categories: Synamedia, Thomas Dellerue, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
yes selects Synamedia and 3SS for smart TV user experience
Mar 30, 2023 – yes (TASE: BEZQ) is deploying a smart TV UX for its yes+ premium streaming service powered by Synamedia. yes has also released a range of yes+ smart TV apps developed by 3SS, in partnership with Synamedia.
News categories: Synamedia, 3SS, 'yes', Dr. Tzvi Gerstl, Kai-Christian Borchers, Itzhak Elyakim, Apps, Digital TV, Israel, Smart TV, Streaming, UX
Türk Telekom consolidates video compression and processing with Synamedia
Mar 8, 2023 – Synamedia has announced that Türk Telekom is consolidating video compression and processing across its TV and video platforms by deploying Synamedia virtual Digital Content Manager (vDCM).
News categories: Synamedia, Türk Telekom, Frank Van de Vyver, Ümit Barak, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Turkey
Telia to replace IPTV CAS with castLabs Widevine managed service
Feb 22, 2023 – castLabs has announced that long-standing customer Telia will replace the traditional conditional access system (CAS) on its IPTV network with castLabs' Widevine CAS managed service.
News categories: castLabs, Telia, Widevine, Stein Ivar Nilsen, Conditional Access, Digital TV, IPTV, Norway
beIN launches 4K World Cup channel with Cognacq-Jay Image and Synamedia
Feb 14, 2023 – beIN Media added a 4K UHD channel to its OTT platform, beIN CONNECT, to stream the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 with the support of Cognacq-Jay Image and using Synamedia Quortex’s just-in-time processing.
News categories: Synamedia, Cognacq-Jay Image, beIN Media, Marc Baillavoine, Philippe Bonpunt, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middle-East, QoE, Streaming
Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
Feb 2, 2023 – Synamedia has unveiled research, conducted by Ampere Analysis, analysing the impact of sports and entertainment piracy and the potential revenues that would result from converting pirate viewers to legal subscribers.
News categories: Synamedia, Ampere Analysis, Avigail Gutman, Guy Bisson, Brazil, Content Protection, Digital TV, Germany, India, Italy, Market Research, Thailand, UK, USA
- Atmosic SoC approved for Google Android TV remote controls
- Bell Media unveils new and expanded ad solutions
- Irdeto ensures integrity of apps running on OSNtv
- Thales and Netskrt Systems collaborate on inflight VOD streaming
- Samsung chip to power Hyundai in-vehicle infotainment
- Radio Television Hong Kong selects Irdeto multi-DRM solution
- Spectrum Reach taps Beachfront for programmatic monetization of convergent TV
- Netgem enables multiscreen TV for ZEOP with new UI on Android TV
- KCGM deploys Amagi SaaS offering to distribute anime channel in India
- Leading industry players join IAB Tech Lab advertising standards group
- DingoTV streaming service adds gamification with Edge Video
- Foxxum partners with OTTera to expand app portfolio
- Taiwan Mobile selects Broadpeak for live video streaming to mobiles
- TV Globo affiliate EPTV turns to MediaKind for IP video edge upgrade
- tvOS 17 brings FaceTime and video conferencing to Apple TV 4K
- VIDAA to bring Paramount+ to viewers in Canada and Latin America
- AR/VR headset shipments slowed in Q1 2023
- Introducing Apple Vision Pro: Apple’s first spatial computer
- 49% of U.S. adults watch video via a CTV device daily
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028