Digital TV News: TeraVolt
TeraVolt develops interactive HbbTV app for ZDFmediathek
Nov 2, 2023 – TeraVolt has developed Zapping Player as a new feature in the ZDFmediathek. With Zapping Player, functionalities previously only available on social media can be used via HbbTV on the big screen.
News categories: TeraVolt, ZDF, Apps, Digital TV, Germany, HbbTV
OTT specialist TeraVolt becomes part of Qvest Group
Sep 14, 2023 – Qvest has strengthened its portfolio with the acquisition of TeraVolt, adding capabilities that include development, consulting and project support, testing and operations, and metadata optimization.
News categories: Qvest, TeraVolt, Peter Nöthen, Tobias Künkel, Apps, Digital TV, MandA, Streaming
Astro Malaysia goes live with Synamedia engagement analytics
Oct 5, 2022 – Synamedia has announced that Astro Malaysia has gone live with Synamedia Clarissa to gain a deeper understanding about how business decisions impact viewer behaviour and content consumption, with the goal of boosting engagement.
News categories: Synamedia, Astro Malaysia, Paul Segre, Euan Smith, Advertising, Digital TV, Malaysia, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming, UX
Synamedia expands Synamedia Go cloud video suite
Apr 25, 2022 – Synamedia has announced the launch of its complete Synamedia Go cloud video suite. Synamedia Go offers video service providers everything they need to launch a streaming service as well as the ability to customize it to increase value.
News categories: Synamedia, Nick Thexton, Tom Morrod, Advertising, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
Vestel launches Football Corner app for Smart TVs
May 25, 2021 – Vestel has announced that the Football Corner app, designed with TeraVolt, is now available on all Vestel-manufactured Smart TVs, including those made for brands, such as Hitachi, JVC, Techwood and Telefunken.
News categories: Vestel, TeraVolt, Barış Altınkaya, Tobias Künkel, Tobias Fröhlich, Apps, Digital TV, Europe, Smart TV
TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
Nov 19, 2020 – ZDF has awarded the contract for the development of its media library, for HbbTV and Smart TV, to TeraVolt. TeraVolt is to optimize ZDF Mediathek for TV portals as well as for platforms such as MagentaTV and Sky.
News categories: TeraVolt, ZDF, Tobias Fröhlich, Digital TV, Germany, HbbTV, Smart TV, Streaming
Fire TV has high penetration in Germany but falls behind on usage
Nov 9, 2020 – HbbTV, Amazon Fire TV, and Samsung Tizen are today most often found in Germans' living rooms. However, when looking at actual usage, the importance of the TV platforms of Telekom, Vodafone and Sky is already becoming apparent.
News categories: TeraVolt, Android TV, Apps, Digital TV, Germany, HbbTV, Market Research, RDK, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Ooyala unveils Google Cloud integrations at NAB 2019
Apr 8, 2019 – Ooyala will showcase a range of new features for its Ooyala Flex Media Platform at NAB 2019. The platform now integrates with Google Cloud Video Intelligence and Google Cloud’s AI and Machine Learning products, for precise video analysis and metadata enrichment.
News categories: Ooyala, Google Cloud, Jonathan Huberman, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification