Digital TV News: Thomson Video Networks
Video technology players continue to dwindle as platform ownership desires surge
Aug 18, 2016 – ABI Research finds that video equipment will see a 4% CAGR through 2021, whereas Managed Video Platforms (MVPs) focused on providing turnkey service offerings and delivering media & entertainment content will see a 17% CAGR in the same period.
News categories: ABI Research, Sam Rosen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Software, Worldwide
ABI Research ranks Harmonic, Elemental, Akamai top in Video Delivery
Apr 6, 2016 – In its competitive analysis, ABI Research scores Harmonic and Elemental as the best overall video encoders, while Akamai receives top overall ranking for cloud video service provider.
News categories: ABI Research, Eric Abbruzzese, Sam Rosen, Content Distribution, Market Research, Worldwide
DishHD Asia launches first all-HEVC DTH service
Jan 25, 2016 – DISH HD Asia has selected the ViBE VS7000 HEVC encoder from Thomson Video Networks to drive its new Ultra HD 4K and all-HEVC-HD satellite service upgrade for delivery of more than 120 channels to viewers throughout Northeast Asia
News categories: Thomson Video Networks, DishHD Asia, Ideal Systems HK, Tony Berthaud, Bert Klein, Wai Hoong Tham, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Taiwan
Portugal's NOS trials UHD with Thomson Video Networks HEVC encoders
Oct 7, 2015 – Thomson Video Networks has announced that NOS has pioneered Ultra HD (UHD) broadcasting in Portugal with the launch of two trial UHD channels leveraging the HEVC compression capabilities of Thomson's ViBE VS7000 encoding/transcoding platform.
News categories: Thomson Video Networks, NOS, Eric Louvet, Alexandre Martins, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Portugal
Thomson Video Networks powers Ivory Coast DTT pilot
Sep 29, 2015 – Thomson Video Networks has announced that its HD/SD encoding and video processing solutions are being deployed as part of a pilot digital terrestrial television (DTT) video headend for CNM-TNT, the Ivory Coast committee heading the country's transition to digital.
News categories: Thomson Video Networks, Thomson Broadcast, Christophe Delahousse, Pascal Veillat, Content Distribution, Côte d'Ivoire, Digital TV, Terrestrial
HISPASAT begins 4K broadcasting with HDR on Hispasat 1E
Sep 8, 2015 – Spanish satellite communications operator HISPASAT has begun 4K TV transmissions in Europe using the High Dynamic Range (HDR) format. Broadcasting on Hispasat 1E, it is the first satellite service in the world using Dolby Vision HDR.
News categories: HISPASAT, Dolby, Digital TV, Europe, IBC, Satellite
Thomson Video Networks and Expway to demo live LTE distribution with eMBMS at IBC
Sep 1, 2015 – Thomson Video Networks has announced that at IBC it will showcase with Expway a full LTE distribution chain consisting of live encoding by its ViBE VS7000 HD/SD encoder and encapsulation via Expway's BMSC multicast server and eMBMS middleware devices.
News categories: Thomson Video Networks, Expway, Eric Gallier, Claude Seyrat, 5G, IBC, Middleware, Mobile, Worldwide
CANAL+ DTH goes all-HD with Thomson Video Networks
Jul 15, 2015 – Thomson Video Networks has announced that the CANAL+ Group has deployed its ViBE EM4000 HD/SD encoder to power the migration of its entire CANALSAT satellite offering to an all-HD delivery infrastructure based on the H.264 codec.
News categories: Thomson Video Networks, CANAL+ Group, Eric Louvet, Frederic Vincent, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, Satellite
Thomson, ST and Dolby demo Dolby AC-4 audio codec
Jul 7, 2015 – Thomson Video Networks has partnered with Dolby and STMicroelectronics to demonstrate the first implementation of a complete encoding-decoding chain for HD and Ultra HD broadcast based on the new Dolby AC-4 audio codec.
News categories: Thomson Video Networks, Dolby, STMicroelectronics, Eric Gallier, Giles Baker, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
- Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
- RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
- Disney+ coming to Hisense and Toshiba TVs with VIDAA Smart OS
- Tremor International acquires Spearad
- TekSavvy TV footprint expands across Canada
- Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product
- Comcast launches Smart TVs based on its XClass TV platform
- ViacomCBS and Altice USA renew distribution agreement
- OTT now at 82% consumer saturation in the U.S.
- MultTV and MwareTV launch multi-tenant TV as a Service in Brazil
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil