Digital TV News: Topic
Media Distillery secures €3 million of funding
Jan 7, 2021 – Media Distillery has secured €3 million of funding, mainly from entrepreneurs and executives in the TV and broadcast industry. The funding will be used for international expansion and to extend the platform.
News categories: Media Distillery, Roland Sars, Geert Vos, Big Data, UX, Venture Capital, Worldwide
discovery+ launches in the U.S.
Jan 4, 2021 – discovery+ (Nasdaq: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) is now live in the U.S., with distribution agreements that will make the product one of the most widely available streaming services at launch.
News categories: Discovery, Inc., David Zaslav, Apps, Digital TV, Europe, Gaming, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet, USA
U.S. Connected TV ad impressions grow 55% YoY
Nov 10, 2020 – Innovid has announced the fall 2020 edition of its U.S. Video Benchmarks Report. The study found that connected TV (CTV) ad impressions grew 55% year-over-year. CTV is the only device category that has gained video ad impression share.
News categories: Innovid, Jessica Hogue, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
60% of U.S. TV households have both Pay TV and SVOD
Nov 6, 2020 – According to Leichtman Research Group (LRG), 60% of U.S. TV households have both a pay TV service and at least one SVOD service. 20% of TV households have an SVOD service but not pay-TV, 14% only have a pay-TV service, and 6% have neither pay-TV nor SVOD.
News categories: Leichtman Research, Bruce Leichtman, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, USA
Elisa to deploy Deep Discovery from TiVo
Nov 4, 2020 – TiVo (Nasdaq: XPER) has announced Deep Discovery, an API-based metadata solution. Elisa will use Deep Discovery in Finland to help customers of its video service, Elisa Viihde, find programming and movies.
News categories: Xperi, Elisa, Chris Ambrozic, Matt Milne, Magnus Pettersson, Big Data, Digital TV, Finland, UX
Bitmovin releases 2020/2021 Video Developer Report
Sep 30, 2020 – Bitmovin has revealed the results of its fourth annual 'Video Developer Report' showcasing the current state of the video/streaming/OTT industry along with challenges being faced by video developers and the latest trends.
News categories: Bitmovin, Stefan Lederer, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
On Addressability playbook launched
Sep 14, 2020 – The founding members of On Addressability – Charter’s Spectrum Reach, Comcast Advertising and Cox Media – have announced the launch of the On Addressability playbook to help the television industry 'turn on' addressability.
News categories: On Addressability, Marcien Jenckes, David Kline, Louis Gump, Advertising, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Inaugural IBC Showcase scheduled for September 8-11
Sep 2, 2020 – IBC has announced that its inaugural IBC Showcase will run from September 8th – 11th 2020, and continue as a once a week event throughout 2020. The IBC Showcase features three programmes: Content Programme, Exhibitor Showcase and Industry News.
News categories: IBC, Michael Crimp, Mark Smith, Steve Connolly, Christelle Gental, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Worldwide
78% of U.S. households have an SVOD service
Aug 28, 2020 – Research from LRG finds that 78% of all U.S. households have an SVOD service from Netflix, Amazon Prime, and/or Hulu – up from 69% in 2018, and 52% in 2015. 55% of U.S. households now have more than one of these SVOD services.
News categories: Leichtman Research, Bruce Leichtman, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India