Digital TV News: Topic
National World taps Simplestream to launch Shots! TV channel
Aug 15, 2023 – National World has chosen Simplestream to provide the tech stack for the launch of Shots!, a new TV brand. Simplestream deployed its Channel Studio to create the Shots! TV channel in the cloud.
News categories: Simplestream, National World, Josh Harrington, Alan Renwick, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, UK
3SS integrates new YouTube Recommendation API
Aug 11, 2023 – 3SS has added YouTube as a content partner integrating the YouTube Recommendation API into its video entertainment platform. Allente will be the first customer to bring the integration to market.
News categories: 3SS, Pierre Donath, Big Data, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Norway, Set Top Box, Sweden, UX
88% of U.S. households have an SVOD service
Aug 9, 2023 – Research from Leichtman Research (LRG) finds that 83% of U.S. households have an SVOD service from Netflix, Amazon Prime, and/or Hulu, with additional streaming services adding another 5 percentage points.
News categories: Leichtman Research, Bruce Leichtman, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Nielsen renews audience data license deal with Comcast
Jul 20, 2023 – Nielsen has agreed a license renewal with Comcast that will expand its use of Comcast's return path data (RPD) in its national and local TV and cross-media measurement services.
News categories: Nielsen, Comcast, Karthik Rao, Marcien Jenckes, Advertising, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
BrightLine enables layering of branded moments into streamed content
Jul 13, 2023 – BrightLine has launched its Proteus Experience Engine, enabling streamers to overlay dynamic, interactive, and shoppable moments within content, outside of traditional ad pods.
News categories: BrightLine, Rob Aksman, Michael Bologna, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Revision of DVB-I service discovery specification released
Jul 10, 2023 – A revision of the DVB-I service discovery specification has been published along with a new set of implementation guidelines. Both are available now as DVB BlueBooks.
News categories: DVB-I, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, TV-over-IP, Worldwide
health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
May 31, 2023 – Amagi has announced that health tv, a German private television station owned by the hospital group Asklepios, is making its foray into FAST using Amagi's cloud solutions.
News categories: Amagi, health tv, Srinivasan KA, Marina Gunesch, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, Streaming
Intigral selects VisualOn transcoder for its VOD Network
Apr 5, 2023 – VisualOn has announced that Intigral has selected the VisualOn Optimizer to optimize CDN bandwidth and storage cost while maintaining and improving end-user video quality for the VoD network.
News categories: VisualOn, Intigral, Yang Cai, Eyad Al Dwaik, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middle-East, NABShow, Streaming
Plex integrates Vionlabs AI technology for enhanced viewing experience
Apr 5, 2023 – Vionlabs has partnered with Plex to integrate its cognitive AI technology into Plex’s streaming service, enhancing the viewing experience with a more accurate and intuitive UX.
News categories: Vionlabs, Plex, Marcus Bergström, Shawn Eldridge, Big Data, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029