Digital TV News: Topic
VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
Sep 21, 2021 – VideoElephant has launched its Channels marketplace, a collection of more than 150 licensable, linear video feeds providing programming experiences for streaming platforms, digital media companies and brands.
News categories: VideoElephant, TCL, Stephen O'Shaughnessy, Feiyang Ding, Rob Dixter, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Roku OS 10.5 to begin rollout in next few weeks
Sep 20, 2021 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced that Roku OS 10.5 will begin rolling out to Roku devices in the coming weeks. Roku OS 10.5 introduces new features putting Live TV front and center for streaming player users.
News categories: Roku, Ilya Asnis, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
IRIS.TV enables contextual ad targeting on the Amagi platform
Sep 9, 2021 – IRIS.TV and Amagi have announced that they have entered into a partnership to enable contextual targeting on ad inventory of premium CTV content from participating content brands on Amagi platform.
News categories: IRIS.TV, Amagi, Field Garthwaite, Srinivasan KA, Sudhir Shabad, Douglas Paul, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Half of U.S. consumers prefer using ad-supported video services to reduce costs
Sep 8, 2021 – More than half (50.6%) of U.S. consumers prefer using ad-supported video (AVOD) services to reduce or eliminate subscription fees, according to research from Future Today and Variety's Variety Intelligence Platform (VIP+).
News categories: Future Today, Variety, Vikrant Mathur, Gavin Bridge, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Independent Show 2021 to be all virtual
Sep 1, 2021 – The National Cable Television Cooperative (NCTC) and ACA Connects (ACAC) have announced that the 2021 Independent Show will be held online. The online show will still be held on Oct. 5-6 as scheduled.
News categories: NCTC, ACAC, The Independent Show, Brad Mefferd, Lou Borrelli, Patricia Jo Boyers, Matt Polka, Cable TV, Digital TV, Show, USA
Share of U.S. households with a top SVOD service steady at 78%
Aug 31, 2021 – Research from Leichtman Research Group (LRG) finds that 78% of all U.S. households have an SVOD service from Netflix, Amazon Prime, and/or Hulu – compared to 78% in 2020, 74% in 2019, and 59% in 2016.
News categories: Leichtman Research, Bruce Leichtman, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
IRIS.TV powers contextually relevant ad inventory for Plex
Aug 25, 2021 – IRIS.TV has partnered with Plex to enable contextually relevant CTV advertising on the Plex platform. Plex is now able to offer brands more transparency into the ad inventory they’ve purchased.
News categories: IRIS.TV, Plex, Field Garthwaite, Todd Hay, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Accedo powers Sensical streaming service for kids
Aug 3, 2021 – Accedo has announced its continued partnership with Common Sense Networks to deliver and evolve Sensical, an OTT service with carefully curated and vetted videos for kids ages 2 to 10.
News categories: Accedo, Common Sense Networks, Mrugesh Desai, Eric Berger, Apps, Digital TV, Streaming, USA, UX
OTTera integrated into the IRIS.TV video data ecosystem
Jul 29, 2021 – IRIS.TV has added OTTera to its video data ecosystem. OTTera CTV content will now be contextually segmented by leading data providers including Oracle Advertising, Comscore, GumGum, ZEFR, Kerv Interactive and Advanced Contextual.
News categories: IRIS.TV, OTTera, Field Garthwaite, Stephen L. Hodge, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
- Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
- VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
- Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
- Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platform
- FreeWheel and Strategus unlock access to CTV inventory
- SVOD subscriptions in Eastern Europe to double
- Roku introduces 4K and 4K+ streaming sticks
- rlaxx TV to monetise linear ad breaks with smartclip
- Conviva releases State of Streaming: Content Discovery report
- Roku OS 10.5 to begin rollout in next few weeks
- Altice France to acquire Coriolis Telecom
- Eltrona launches TV+ with ocilion
- Record YoY growth for India's Smart TV market in Q2
- Disney+ comes to Panasonic TVs
- Innovid introduces interoperable infrastructure for identity resolution
- Ampersand launches improved solution for multiscreen TV campaign measurement
- Dl Gtpl chooses ATEME cable headend solution
- Vewd enables video calling and targeted advertising on the TV
- Rakuten and Telefónica launch event booking app on Movistar+ TV
- C&W Panamá to acquire América Móvil's Panama operations