Digital TV News: Topic
health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
May 31, 2023 – Amagi has announced that health tv, a German private television station owned by the hospital group Asklepios, is making its foray into FAST using Amagi's cloud solutions.
News categories: Amagi, health tv, Srinivasan KA, Marina Gunesch, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, Streaming
Intigral selects VisualOn transcoder for its VOD Network
Apr 5, 2023 – VisualOn has announced that Intigral has selected the VisualOn Optimizer to optimize CDN bandwidth and storage cost while maintaining and improving end-user video quality for the VoD network.
News categories: VisualOn, Intigral, Yang Cai, Eyad Al Dwaik, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middle-East, NABShow, Streaming
Plex integrates Vionlabs AI technology for enhanced viewing experience
Apr 5, 2023 – Vionlabs has partnered with Plex to integrate its cognitive AI technology into Plex’s streaming service, enhancing the viewing experience with a more accurate and intuitive UX.
News categories: Vionlabs, Plex, Marcus Bergström, Shawn Eldridge, Big Data, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
Channel 4 to see if lower frequency of ads more effective
Mar 29, 2023 – In the UK, advertisers on Channel 4's streaming service are to take part in an experiment to see if fewer adverts from a single brand, can deliver more effective and impactful campaigns.
News categories: Channel 4, Jonathan Lewis, Richard Warren, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, UK
DVB publishes updated Multicast ABR specification and guidelines
Mar 15, 2023 – The DVB has approved the publication of BlueBook A176r3, an update of the DVB-MABR specification, and BlueBook A181r1, an update to the implementation guidelines for the specification.
News categories: DVB Project, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Streaming, Worldwide
TO THE NEW partners with Vionlabs on content discovery and recommendations
Mar 16, 2023 – TO THE NEW and Vionlabs have partnered to improve customer experience through mood-based content discovery, using AI-based analysis of video files to increase viewer engagement and satisfaction.
News categories: Vionlabs, TO THE NEW, Cecilie Chen, Manish Sinha, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
Netflix, Hulu, Disney+ most essential for US streaming subscribers
Mar 14, 2023 – Research from Aluma Insights finds two-thirds of U.S. Netflix buyers view the service as indispensable, with more than half of subscribers considering Hulu and Disney+ to be essential.
News categories: Aluma, Michael Greeson, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Live demonstration of 5G Broadcast on show at MWC 2023
Feb 24, 2023 – Rohde & Schwarz is leading a live demonstration of 5G Broadcast at MWC 2023 in Barcelona. The proof of concept will see a broadcast stream transmitted across the city, showing its value as a means of delivering media and multicasting data.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, Qualcomm, Manfred Reitmeier, Lorenzo Casaccia, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MWC23, Spain, Worldwide
Three million sharing SVOD subscriptions in the Nordics
Jan 12, 2023 – According to Mediavision, three million SVOD subscriptions in the Nordics are currently borrowed from another household, i.e. giving access to a service without paying for it, with Netflix the most affected.
News categories: Mediavision, Marie Nilsson, Content Protection, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Market Research, Norway, Streaming, Sweden
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media