Digital TV News: Universal Electronics
UEI and Instreamatic collaborate on voice-interactive TV advertising
Mar 25, 2021 – Universal Electronics Inc. (UEI) (NASDAQ: UEIC) is working with Instreamatic to bring Instreamatic’s interactive voice-enabled advertising to home entertainment devices such as STBs and smart TVs.
News categories: UEI, Instreamatic, Arsham Hatambeiki, Stas Tushinskiy, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
LG webOS TV platform includes QuickSet from UEI
Mar 1, 2021 – QuickSet, a technology offered by Universal Electronics Inc. (UEI) (NASDAQ: UEIC) will be available for TV brands adopting LG's webOS TV platform. LG is including UEI’s QuickSet as the standard for device discovery and control.
News categories: Universal Electronics, LG Electronics, Paul Arling, Lee Sang-woo, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
LG opens webOS Smart TV platform to other TV brands
Feb 23, 2021 – LG is making its webOS TV platform available to other TV brand partners. Over twenty TV manufacturers have already joined the webOS partnership, including brands such as RCA, Ayonz and Konka, with more expected to follow.
News categories: LG Electronics, Park Hyoung-sei, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
UEI to provide voice-enabled remotes for Virgin TV 360 box
Dec 8, 2020 – Universal Electronics Inc. (UEI) (NASDAQ: UEIC) has been selected to provide voice-enabled remote controls to Virgin Media for its new Virgin TV 360 platform. The RF4CE voice-enabled remote is powered by UEI chip technology.
News categories: Universal Electronics, Virgin Media, Menno Koopmans, Annie Brooks, Digital TV, Ireland, Set Top Box, UK, UX
Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
Nov 20, 2020 – Universal Electronics Inc. (UEI) has introduced a remote control for Apple TV developed and designed to meet the needs of cable, satellite, IPTV and other Multichannel Video Program Distributors (MVPDs).
News categories: Universal Electronics, Paul Arling, Digital TV, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
Universal Electronics voice-enabled remotes for Liberty Global
Oct 7, 2020 – Universal Electronics (UEI) is to provide voice-enabled remote controls to Liberty Global for its RDK-based Horizon 4 set-top boxes. Voice recognition technology is used to search for content on the platform.
News categories: Universal Electronics, Liberty Global, Menno Koopmans, Pieter Vervoort, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, Set Top Box, Smart Home
More than 50% of U.S. broadband households own a smart TV
May 21, 2018 – Parks Associates’ new report 'Smart TVs vs. Streaming Media Players: Winning Over Consumers' reports that more than 50% of U.S. broadband households own a smart TV and more than 40% own a streaming media player.
News categories: Parks Associates, Jennifer Kent, Blu-ray, Gaming, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
Nuance and UEI bring conversational interface to yes DBS in Israel
Sep 19, 2017 – Nuance Communications (NASDAQ:NUAN) and Universal Electronics (UEI) (NASDAQ:UEIC) have announced that they power the first conversational interface for Pay TV in Israel for yes. yes will launch their first voice-powered remote control in September 2017.
News categories: Nuance Communications, Universal Electronics, 'yes', Dan Faulkner, Menno Koopmans, Itzhak Elyakim, Digital TV, Israel, Satellite, UX
Comcast is first to deploy UEI's QuickSet Cloud
Dec 7, 2016 – Universal Electronics (UEI) (NASDAQ:UEIC) has announced that Comcast is the first service provider to deploy QuickSet Cloud. QuickSet Cloud's database ensures that nearly all CE devices can be automatically recognized and controlled with a software handshake.
News categories: Universal Electronics, Comcast, Paul Arling, Jonathan Palmatier, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart Home, USA
- TCL launches Roku TV models in the UK
- OTTera powers gTV by Ubisoft channel on Samsung TV Plus
- Globecast, Viaccess-Orca and MainStreaming announce end-to-end OTT platform
- Mola chooses Broadpeak CDN for live sports streaming in Indonesia
- NEXTGEN TV Broadcast Collaborative to bring ATSC 3.0 to Washington D.C.
- Ericsson publishes 2021 Mobility Report
- DataMiner manages ARD's Euro 2020 live OTT broadcasts
- Freecaster secures Live and VOD content with BuyDRM
- Conviva publishes first State of Streaming Advertising report
- TiVo signs MobiTV agreement with the NCTC
- KBS selects ATEME broadcast encoders
- Amino working with PCCW Media to renew Now TV UX
- Zappware-powered A1 Xplore TV comes to Fire TV sticks
- SES renews Comcast Technology Solutions distribution agreement
- Riivi chooses Norigin Media for Smart TV app testing
- NexStreaming releases NexPlayer for Nintendo Switch
- Elliptic Labs to trial presence detection and gestures for Smart TV
- Carbon Trust releases white paper on CO2 impact of streaming
- ZEE5 to launch in the U.S. on June 22
- Piracy still a major challenge in the Nordics