Digital TV News: University of Klagenfurt
Bitmovin and University of Klagenfurt to work on climate-friendly video streaming
Oct 6, 2022 – Bitmovin and the University of Klagenfurt have announced that they will collaborate on a two-year joint research project worth €3.3 million to develop a climate-friendly adaptive video streaming platform called 'GAIA'.
News categories: Bitmovin, University of Klagenfurt, Stefan Lederer, Christian Timmerer, Radu Prodan, Austria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Industry Players Unite to Promote MPEG-DASH Adaptive Streaming
Feb 22, 2012 – A group of technology leaders has announced the creation of the DASH Promoters Group, a new organization dedicated to driving the broad adoption of MPEG's DASH (dynamic adaptive streaming over HTTP) standard, which was ratified in November 2011.
News categories: DASH Promoters Group, Streaming
P2P-Next Project presents world's first video end-to-end streaming distribution
Sep 11, 2008 – P2P-Next, a pan-European conglomerate of 21 partners, has released its first version of NextShare, an Open Source P2P video delivery platform, at IBC 2008. NextShareTV is a set-top box implementation running on low-cost embedded hardware.
News categories: P2P-Next, Broadband, Digital TV, IBC2022, Middleware, Set Top Box, Streaming
European research project to shape next generation internet TV
Feb 19, 2008 – P2P-Next has received a €14 million grant from the European Union to carry out a research project aiming to identify the potential uses of peer-to-peer (P2P) technology for Internet Television of the future.
News categories: P2P-Next, Austria, Broadband, Digital TV, Europe, Finland, Germany, Israel, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Romania, Slovenia, Streaming, Sweden, UK
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership
- CIMM, 4A's and TVB looking at action plan for U.S. local TV measurement
- U.S. TV viewing remained high in December