Digital TV News: Widevine
MwareTV integrates Irdeto DRM for MultTV in Brazil
Feb 22, 2022 – Irdeto has announced that its Irdeto Control DRM solution has been integrated into MwareTV's IPTV/OTT distribution platform. The first implementation of Irdeto with MwareTV will be rolled out at shared services provider MultTV in Brazil.
News categories: MwareTV, Irdeto, MultTV, Sander Kerstens, Doug Lowther, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, IPTV
Viaccess-Orca powers Android TV offering at Orange Slovensko
Feb 21, 2022 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced that Orange Slovensko has launched an Android TV offering with VO's DRM solutions. VO provides Orange Slovensko with solutions for content protection and multi-DRM management on its Android TV set-top boxes.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Orange Slovensko, Pierre-Alexandre Bidard, Martin Lednár, Android TV, Digital TV, DRM, IPTV, Set Top Box, Slovenia
Irdeto and TASS introduce multi-DRM solution including China DRM
Feb 14, 2022 – Irdeto has collaborated with Beijing Jiangnan Tianan Technology (TASS) to introduce a multi-DRM solution that includes China DRM and supports all the leading commercial DRMs, enabling Chinese operators to deploy services in China and worldwide.
News categories: Irdeto, TASS, Shane McCarthy, Deng Xiaosi, China, Digital TV, DRM, Streaming, Worldwide
castLabs DRM protects online content for PBS
Jan 12, 2022 – castLabs has announced a partnership with Public Broadcasting Service (PBS). The broadcaster will use castLabs’ cloud digital rights management (DRM), DRMtoday, solution to protect its online video content.
News categories: castLabs, PBS, Alec Henthorne, Scott Nourse, Digital TV, DRM, Streaming, USA
ProvenRun and Cinemo to show first Secure Media Path DRM implementation
Jan 3, 2022 – ProvenRun and Cinemo have announced a Secure Media Path Protection Profile implementation based on ProvenRun's secure OS compliant with the Trusted Execution Environment (TEE) Protection Profile and Cinemo's Widevine L1 Trusted Application (TA).
News categories: Cinemo, ProvenRun, CES2023, Content Protection, Digital TV, In-Car, Middleware, Streaming, Worldwide
iWedia launches ad insertion platform, ATSC 3.0 stack and more
Dec 15, 2021 – iWedia has made several additions to its technology offering including an ad insertion platform, a multiscreen UI/UX solution and an ATSC 3.0 broadcast stack, plus the integration of Widevine CAS into its DTV middleware.
News categories: iWedia, Hans-Jürgen Désor, Advertising, ATSC 3, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
Telebreeze pre-integrates PallyCon multi-DRM and watermarking
Nov 15, 2021 – PallyCon has partnered with Telebreeze to offer pre-integrated anti-piracy services to media clients.The combination provides a security solution to video producers and OTT platforms that can be applied to all types of video assets and in a single workflow.
News categories: PallyCon, Telebreeze, Govindraj Basatwar, Alexey Leonidov, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, Streaming, Watermarking, Worldwide
RodeoTV strengthens security offering with BuyDRM's KeyOS
Oct 6, 2021 – RodeoTV is now offering studio-grade security for video content with BuyDRM's KeyOS MultiKey Multi-DRM Service. RodeoTV provides solutions for clients looking to deliver Live Linear Video, VOD and Digital Signage.
News categories: BuyDRM, RodeoTV, Christopher Levy, Kelly Pittman, Digital TV, DRM, Streaming, USA
Orange Slovensko Android TV STB runs on the nangu.TV platform
Oct 4, 2021 – nangu.TV has unveiled that the Android TV Operator Tier set-top box deployed by Orange Slovensko runs on the nangu.TV platform. The 4K UHD box was developed with CommScope and Viaccess Orca.
News categories: nangu.TV, Orange Slovensko, CommScope, Zdeněk Gerlický, Júlia Piovarči, Phil Cardy, Android TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Slovakia, UX
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated
- 7.9 million Disney+ subscribers added in 1Q 2022
- Gaumont launches SVOD on Netgem Content-as-a-Service platform
- AMC+ coming to Orange Spain's entertainment offering in June
- Liberty Global video subscribers down 21,900 in Q1 2022