Digital TV News: Wistron
RVU Alliance launches certification program for 4K devices
Apr 29, 2014 – The RVU Alliance has announced the launch of the RVU Certification program for Ultra High Definition devices, along with an expansion of the RVU membership roster.
News categories: RVU Alliance, Henry Derovanessian, Gateway, QoE, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
DIRECTV deploys Entropic Channel Stacking Switch in WNC multi-switch
Jan 6, 2014 – Entropic (NASDAQ: ENTR) and Wistron NeWeb (WNC) have announced that DIRECTV has deployed Entropic's digital Channel Stacking Switch (dCSS) technology in a new WNC multi-switch, the DSWM13.
News categories: Entropic, Wistron, Henry Derovanessian, Jeffrey Gau, Al Servati, CES2022, LNB, Satellite, Semiconductor
Entropic reports third quarter 2013 results
Oct 29, 2013 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) has reported results for the quarter ended September 30, 2013. Entropic reported third quarter net revenues of $56.4 million. This compares to net revenues of $70.6 million in the second quarter of 2013, and $89.8 million in the third quarter of 2012.
News categories: Entropic, LNB, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Minerva Unveils First Complete Broadband TV Solution
Apr 17, 2012 – Minerva Networks has revealed a complete pay television solution deployable over broadband networks. Built on Minerva iTVFusion 5, the new Broadband TV (BBTV) service combines linear and on-demand video content over a service provider's data network.
News categories: Minerva, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, Content Protection, DRM, Middleware, Set Top Box, Streaming
Verimatrix Selected to Secure Telefonica del Sur's Digital IPTV Service
Apr 16, 2012 – Verimatrix has announced that Telsur of Chile has selected the Verimatrix Video Content Authority (VCAS™) 3 solution to secure its IPTV service. Telsur selected VCAS™ for IPTV as a replacement for its existing conditional access system (CAS).
News categories: Telefónica del Sur, Verimatrix, Chile, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, NABShow, Set Top Box
ViXS Systems and Wistron to launch next generation Blu-ray/Media Hub products at CES 2012
Jan 4, 2012 – ViXS Systems and Wistron (Taipei:6285) have announced that, using a single XCode 4210 SoC, Wistron has created a family of products which are some of the smallest form factor and lowest power Blu-ray / Media Hubs on the market today.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Wistron, Blu-ray, CES2022, Home Server, Placeshifting, Semiconductor, Smart Home
Entropic Increases Performance and Efficiency With Newest Channel Stacking Switch Silicon
Dec 19, 2011 – Entropic Communications (Nasdaq: ENTR) has announced its third generation Channel Stacking Switch (CSS) silicon, the EN5288. Used in single cable satellite installations, the new silicon is cost optimized for four tuner applications.
News categories: Entropic Communications, CES2022, ICs, Satellite, Semiconductor
Entropic Communications Reports Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2009 Results
Feb 3, 2010 – Entropic Communications (Nasdaq:ENTR) has reported results for the period ended December 31, 2009. Entropic reported fourth quarter net revenues of $35.1 million, an increase of 19% compared to $29.5 million reported in the fourth quarter of 2008.
News categories: Entropic Communications, Home Server, LNB, Results, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Minerva and Sigma Designs Announce IPTV Set-Top Box Collaboration
Nov 4, 2009 – Minerva Networks has unveiled enhancements to its client software to reduce the effort required to deploy set-top boxes based on Sigma Designs (NASDAQ:SIGM) ICs. Wistron (Taipei:6285) will be first-to-market with a set-top box featuring the solution.
News categories: Minerva Networks, Sigma Designs, Wistron, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
- Accedo and Nreal bring streaming to lightweight AR glasses
- HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
- RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV
- Claro Box TV streaming in Colombia powered by Harmonic
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 68,000 in 3Q 2021
- Vodafone España provides real-time accurate EPG with Alpha Networks and MediaData TV
- Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats
- Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement
- C Spire to acquire Troy Cablevision
- Software Freedom Conservancy sues Vizio for GPL violations
- Altibox Android TV service goes live with 3SS and Technicolor
- Sunrise UPC launches yallo TV in Switzerland
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
- Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
- RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
- Disney+ coming to Hisense and Toshiba TVs with VIDAA Smart OS
- Tremor International acquires Spearad
- TekSavvy TV footprint expands across Canada
- Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product