Digital TV News: Xbox
Crackle Plus improves content discoverability with Gracenote
Nov 18, 2021 – Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment (Nasdaq: CSSE) has announced that Crackle Plus will use Gracenote (NYSE: NLSN) entertainment metadata and Gracenote IDs to make Crackle, Popcornflix and Chicken Soup for the Soul streaming service titles more searchable and discoverable.
News categories: Crackle, Gracenote, Philippe Guelton, Simon Adams, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, USA, UX
HBO Max goes live in the Nordics and Spain
Oct 26, 2021 – HBO Max has gone live in the Nordics and Spain beginning its 27-territory rollout in Europe. HBO Max brings together series and movies from Warner Bros., HBO, DC, Cartoon Network and Max Originals.
News categories: HBO Max, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Norway, Spain, Streaming, Sweden
discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
Oct 12, 2021 – Discovery (Nasdaq: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) has announced that discovery+ will launch in Canada on October 19. The service is available at Can$4.99 (~USD$4) per month, with an ad-free version for Can$6.99 monthly.
News categories: Discovery, Inc, Corus Entertainment, JB Perrette, Doug Murphy, Advertising, Canada, Digital TV, Streaming
FandangoNOW merged into Vudu
Aug 3, 2021 – Fandango is uniting its TV streaming services, Vudu and FandangoNOW. The new Vudu service will offer more than 200,000 new release and catalog movies and TV shows. Vudu replaces FandangoNOW on Roku in the U.S.
News categories: Fandango, Roku, Paul Yanover, Tedd Cittadine, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Redbox to expand free live TV content with Wurl
Jul 22, 2021 – Redbox has partnered with Wurl to facilitate and expand the selection of free channels on Redbox Free Live TV. With 100 channels of programming, Free Live TV caters to the tastes and interests of Redbox's 40 million customers.
News categories: Redbox, Wurl, Chris Yates, Sean Doherty, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
HBO Max rolls out in Latin America and the Caribbean
Jun 29, 2021 – HBO Max is rolling out in 39 territories in Latin America and the Caribbean, marking the streaming platform’s first launch outside of the U.S. and kicking off its global expansion.
News categories: HBO Max, Johannes Larcher, Luis Durán, Caribbean, Digital TV, Latin America, Streaming
Tubi supports Unified ID 2.0 initiative
Jun 22, 2021 – Tubi has announced that it will be the first CTV publisher to implement Unified ID 2.0, the new industry-wide approach to internet identity that preserves the value of relevant advertising across digital ecosystems.
News categories: Tubi, Mark Rotblat, Tim Sims, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
NexPlayer joins AWS for Media & Entertainment initiative
Jun 22, 2021 – NexStreaming has announced support for the AWS for Media & Entertainment initiative. NexPlayer is compatible with AWS outputs on devices including Android, iOS, HTML5, Tizen, WebOS, Xbox, PlayStation, and Nintendo Switch.
News categories: NexStreaming, Amazon Web Services, Carlos Lucas, Digital TV, Media Player, Worldwide
Verimatrix multi-DRM solution integrates NexPlayer SDK
Jun 2, 2021 – Verimatrix (Paris: VMX) has announced a partnership with NexStreaming. Verimatrix has integrated the company's NexPlayer multi-screen player SDK into its Verimatrix Multi-DRM Core solution.
News categories: Verimatrix, NexStreaming, Asaf Ashkenazi, Carlos Lucas, Content Protection, Digital TV, Media Player, Worldwide
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania
- SES-18 and SES-19 C-band satellites for the U.S. successfully launched
- OTT TV revenues in Western Europe to reach $45 billion by 2028
- DVB publishes updated Multicast ABR specification and guidelines
- Channel 4 adds Xandr to its digital ad-buying suite
- Mola boosts ABR streaming quality with Broadpeak
- Mainstream Media launches female-centred FAST channel with Amagi
- Eastern Europe OTT revenues to double by 2028
- Video spend in Sweden up 9% in 2022 versus 2021
- StarGroup renews with Eutelsat for StarTV DTH in Mexico
- ORF selects Bitmovin video streaming player
- QYOU Media India selects SpringServe as primary ad server