Digital TV News: ivi
Subscription home entertainment soars in Australia
Aug 17, 2020 – The COVID-19 pandemic has boosted home entertainment subscription services in Australia according to Telsyte. Australians added 5.6 million new subscriptions to the end of June 2020, an increase of 18% from a year ago.
News categories: Telsyte, Foad Fadaghi, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research
ACCESS adds NetRange App Store to its in-vehicle infotainment offer
Jul 28, 2020 – ACCESS Europe has announced that its sister company NetRange has developed a car-centric app store that is now part of its ACCESS Twine for Car (Twine4Car) in-vehicle infotainment (IVI) system.
News categories: ACCESS Europe, Dr. Neale Foster, Apps, Digital TV, In-Car, UX, Worldwide
ZEASN unveils movie database and recommendation engine
Jun 12, 2020 – ZEASN has unveiled WhaleTime, a global movie database and recommendation engine. Users can browse content and WhaleTime will automatically show a menu to allow jumping to the corresponding streaming media platform.
News categories: ZEASN, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, Russia, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
ivi selects Irdeto watermarking to protect OTT content
Jan 29, 2020 – Irdeto has announced that its TraceMark forensic watermarking solution has been chosen by ivi in a bid to fight online piracy. The partnership highlights Irdeto’s continued expansion into the Russian market, supporting local operators and content providers.
News categories: Irdeto, ivi, Shane McCarthy, Evgeni Rossinski, Digital TV, OTT, Russia, Watermarking
Cerence joins with LG to develop AI-powered connected car platform
Jan 14, 2020 – Cerence (NASDAQ: CRNC) has announced the signing of an MOU with LG Electronics to develop a software solution that integrates LG’s webOS Auto In-Vehicle Infotainment (IVI) system with the Cerence AI Reference Kit (ARK).
News categories: Cerence, LG Electronics, Sanjay Dhawan, Dr. I.P. Park, Digital TV, In-Car, Middleware, Worldwide
LG and Luxoft establish webOS Auto joint venture
Jan 10, 2020 – LG Electronics and Luxoft have agreed to jointly develop the webOS Auto platform. The pair will advance the deployment of digital cockpit, in-vehicle infotainment, rear-seat entertainment (RSE) and ride-hailing systems based on the platform.
News categories: LG Electronics, Luxoft, Dr. I.P. Park, Dmitry Loschinin, CES2021, Digital TV, In-Car, Middleware, USA, Worldwide
Pay-TV revenue in Russia up by 14.2% in 2018 year-on-year
Oct 31, 2019 – The European Audiovisual Observatory has released a report written by J’son and Partners Consulting on pay-TV and cord cutting in Russia. At the end of 2018, 43.2 million viewers were subscribed to Pay TV services in Russia, 3.1% more than in 2017.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, J’son and Partners, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Russia, Satellite, Subscribers
MRC finalizes Cross-Media Audience Measurement Standards for video
Sep 4, 2019 – The Media Rating Council (MRC) has issued a final version of its Cross-Media Audience Measurement Standards. The document sets forth provisions to guide the measurement of video advertising and content delivered through television, OTT and digital, including both desktop and mobile.
News categories: Media Rating Council, George W. Ivie, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, USA, Worldwide
Potential 17 million+ market for Apple TV+ in Australia
Apr 5, 2019 – Apple’s new streaming TV service, Apple TV+, is debuting later this year in Australia. The potential market is huge, according to Roy Morgan Research. Over 17 million currently access streaming video services or own Apple-branded devices capable of accessing streaming video services.
News categories: Roy Morgan, Apple, Michele Levine, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT
- African SVOD subscribers to more than quadruple
- Bitmovin releases 2020/2021 Video Developer Report
- Zapi OTT pay TV service launches in Spain with Mirada
- Kaltura to migrate Cellcom TV to the Cloud
- Smart Home device market remains resilient despite pandemic
- Roku OS 9.4 to begin roll out to Roku devices
- Armstrong secures VOD launch with Verimatrix
- Global SVOD revenue to grow to $100 billion
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- 605 signs measurement and analytics deal with Walmart
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- BARB issues invitation to tender for five contracts
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx