Digital TV News: ivi
Extreme Reach gains CTV accreditation from MRC
Oct 5, 2021 – Extreme Reach (ER) has received accreditation for CTV Rendered Video Ad Impressions and related Video Play metrics from the Media Rating Council (MRC), as well as a new accreditation for Mobile App.
News categories: Extreme Reach, Media Rating Council, Tim Conley, George W. Ivie, Olivia Devereux, Advertising, Streaming, USA
ACCESS IVI solution integrated into the HARMAN Ignite Store
Sep 28, 2021 – ACCESS has announced that its Twine4Car has been integrated with the HARMAN Ignite Store, providing automotive OEMs with a portfolio of car-specific video services through the IVI platform.
News categories: ACCESS Europe, HARMAN, Michi Uematsu, Albert Jordan, Apps, Digital TV, In-Car, Worldwide
Foxtel launches iQ5 streaming set top box
Sep 7, 2021 – Foxtel has announced the launch of its iQ5 streaming set top box. The iQ5 features a plug and play set-up allowing customers stream Foxtel content within minutes, with no cable or satellite installation required.
News categories: Foxtel, Patrick Delany, Australia, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming
MRC suspends accreditation of Nielsen local TV services
Sep 1, 2021 – The Media Rating Council (MRC) has decide to suspend its accreditation of Nielsen’s National Television and Local People Meter and Set Meter Markets services. The changed status becomes effective in mid-September.
News categories: Media Rating Council, Nielsen, George W. Ivie, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Prime Video app coming to Foxtel set-tops
Aug 2, 2021 – The Foxtel Group and Amazon Prime Video are to integrate the Prime Video app into Foxtel set-top boxes by the end of 2021. The app will be available on Foxtel's iQ3, iQ4 and soon to launch iQ5 set-tops.
News categories: Foxtel, Prime Video, Patrick Delany, Hushidar Kharas, Apps, Australia, Broadcast, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming
DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV solutions
Jul 27, 2021 – DoubleVerify (NYSE: DV) has announced that the company has received Media Rating Council (MRC) accreditation for video filtering, benchmarks, and connected TV (CTV) fully on-screen and completion metrics.
News categories: DoubleVerify, Media Rating Council, Mark Zagorski, George W. Ivie, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Freeview Australia launches integrated HbbTV platform
Apr 12, 2021 – Freeview Australia has launched its free enhanced HbbTV (Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV) service, providing Australians with a more seamless integration between broadcast and on-demand BVOD services.
News categories: Freeview Australia, Helen Clifton, Bridget Fair, David Anderson, James Taylor, James Warburton, Mike Sneesby, Beverley McGarvey, Australia, Digital TV, HbbTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UX
Cinemo and iQIYI bring online video entertainment to cars
Mar 29, 2021 – Cinemo has announced a collaboration with iQIYI to deliver premium VOD content to the car. iQIYI has worked with Cinemo to enhance in-car entertainment on Faurecia Xiamen IVI platforms, powering FAW Hongqi sedans.
News categories: Cinemo, iQIYI, Charly Lippoth, China, Digital TV, In-Car, Streaming
ACCESS and AirConsole bring cloud gaming to the car
Mar 29, 2021 – ACCESS has announced that it has partnered with N-Dream to bring its cloud-gaming platform, AirConsole, to the car. ACCESS will enable multiplayer gaming through its IVI platform and car-centric App Store.
News categories: ACCESS Europe, N-Dream, Sven Eckoldt, Dr Neale Foster, Anthony Cliquot, Digital TV, Gaming, In-Car, Worldwide
- ViacomCBS and Altice USA renew distribution agreement
- OTT now at 82% consumer saturation in the U.S.
- MultTV and MwareTV launch multi-tenant TV as a Service in Brazil
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil
- ATEME joins Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program
- discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
- LiveRamp launches enhanced TV platform
- Comscore enables deduplicated ad campaigns on YouTube and YouTube TV
- Four Hartford TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Vestel rolls out Red Bull TV app to Smart TVs across Europe
- Viaccess-Orca powers Vialis hybrid DTT/OTT service
- TalkTalk selects Netgem for launch of 4K TV service