Digital TV News: 24i
24i launches TV-as-a-Service offering with Swisscom Broadcast
Aug 31, 2022 – 24i has announced the launch of FokusOnTV, a TV-as-a-Service (TVaaS) streaming offering. FokusOnTV will be offered as a pre-integrated solution with Swisscom Broadcast’s premium headend infrastructure.
News categories: 24i, Swisscom Broadcast, Dr Neale Foster, Dominik Müller, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, IBC2022, Streaming
AminoOS deployed to Vodafone Iceland’s legacy Samsung STBs
Jun 30, 2022 – Amino has announced that it has completed a project with Vodafone Iceland to upcycle its existing Samsung set-top boxes (STBs). Amino utilized its established upcycling methodology to migrate these boxes to AminoOS in the field.
News categories: Amino, Vodafone, Donald McGarva, Digital TV, Iceland, Middleware, Set Top Box
Telenor Sverige selects CommScope set -top powered by Android TV
Jun 2, 2022 – CommScope has partnered with Telenor Sverige to provide its customers with the VIP5702W set top powered by Android TV. The VIP5702W delivers 4K video and comes with dual-band Wi-Fi for flexible deployment in Telenor's networks.
News categories: CommScope, Telenor, 24i, Phil Cardy, Hanna Idstam, Joachim Bergman, Android TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Sweden, UX
24i launches 24iQ personalization and recommendations service
May 24, 2022 – 24i has launched a personalization and content recommendations service, 24iQ. The results from the integration of 24i’s data team with the technologies and data science expertise of The Filter, acquired by 24i in April.
News categories: 24i, Dr. Neale Foster, Big Data, Digital TV, UX, Worldwide
Aferian acquires AI-powered video recommendation service The Filter
Mar 5, 2022 – Aferian (LSE AIM: AFRN) has acquired 100% of Exabre Limited, trading as The Filter. The Filter's data science, analysis and machine learning technologies help consumers find and watch more of the video content they love.
News categories: Aferian, The Filter, Donald McGarva, Damien Read, Big Data, Digital TV, MandA, UK, UX, Worldwide
24i provides Waoo with Android TV custom launcher
Feb 16, 2022 – 24i has announced that its streaming platform is now being used by Waoo to bring Pay TV services to a new generation of Android TV set top boxes, adding third party aggregated content and enhanced search functionality.
News categories: 24i, Waoo, Joachim Bergman, Martin Jürgensen, Android TV, Denmark, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, UX
Aferian announces results for the year ended 30 November 2021.
Feb 10, 2022 – Aferian (LSE AIM: AFRN) has announced results for the year ended 30 November 2021. During the year, Amino grew revenues by 11% to $75.1m and maintained its strong margins and cash generation. 24i continues to grow recurring revenue organically.
News categories: Aferian, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Results, Set Top Box, Worldwide
24i powers launch of Cinessance in North America
Nov 18, 2021 – Aferian has announced that 24i has supported the launch of OTT service Cinessance in the US and Canada on iOS and Android. The service is built on cloud-based infrastructure from 24i, including video backend, apps, and content and app management.
News categories: 24i, Cinessance, Joachim Bergman, Clément Monnet, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, North America, Streaming
24i provides end-to-end streaming solution to Cinessance
Sep 30, 2021 – 24i has been selected to provide its end-to-end streaming platform to Cinessance, the first globally-accessible video on demand platform dedicated to French cinema.
News categories: 24i, Cinessance, Joachim Bergman, Clément Monnet, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, Streaming, Worldwide
- Bedrock migrates Videoland streaming subscribers to its latest platform
- Pixalate lists top CTV apps for October 2022
- El Financiero Bloomberg TV develops streaming app with TVCoins
- Garmin receives 2022 BMW Group Supplier Innovation Award
- In Sweden ad-supported video leads in weekly reach
- Accedo powers Janson Media direct-to-consumer streaming service
- Hisense second in global TV shipments
- DAZN now available on Foxxum CTV OS
- Amagi acquires Streamwise
- MyTV Super selects Witbe for production monitoring
- Better Software Group and Red Bee Media power Nordisk Film+
- Broadpeak simplifies content replacement at video service providers
- Hybrid AVOD-SVOD tiers to boost global AVOD revenues
- 12.5m consumer VR headsets to be sold in 2022
- U.S. TV usage rose again in October
- Samsung expands game streaming to more devices
- 83% of US internet households subscribe to at least one OTT service
- OMG first to integrate with TelevisaUnivision's household data graph
- SABC launches SABC+ streaming service
- VlogBox provides CTV content for Pzaz TV