Digital TV News: ACG
Peacock European rollout begins on Sky in the UK and Ireland
Nov 15, 2021 – Sky and NBCUniversal have announced plans to roll out Peacock content across Sky territories, beginning with a soft launch in the UK and Ireland. Starting on 16th November, Sky TV customers and NOW Entertainment Members in these markets will gain access to a new Peacock destination.
News categories: NBCUniversal, Sky, Lee Raftery, Zai Bennett, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ireland, Satellite, UK
Telcos in Asia/Pacific performing better than expected
Nov 6, 2020 – Worldwide spending on telecommunication and pay TV services will reach $1,565 billion in 2020, representing a decline of 1.1% year on year, according to IDC. The market is not expected to achieve pre-COVID-19 spending levels until 2022.
News categories: IDC, Asia, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
CBS All Access launches in Canada
Apr 23, 2018 – CBS All Access, CBS’ direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand service, has launched in Canada, marking its first expansion into an international market.
News categories: CBS Interactive, CBS All Access, Marc DeBevoise, Canada, Digital TV, Mobile, Streaming
Live TV piracy a multi-billion dollar problem in North America
Nov 1, 2017 – Sandvine has released a report focusing on paid subscription television piracy services. The report reveals that 6.5% of households in North America are accessing pirated live television services each month, an adoption rate that may cost CSPs over $4 billion in revenue this year.
News categories: Sandvine, Lyn Cantor, Content Protection, Digital TV, North America
IoT spending to approach $1.4 trillion in 2021
Jun 14, 2017 – IDC expects worldwide spending on the Internet of Things (IoT) to grow 16.7% year over year in 2017, reaching just over $800 billion. By 2021, global IoT spending is expected to total nearly $1.4 trillion.
News categories: IDC, Carrie MacGillivray, Ashutosh Bisht, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
CBS offers its programmes direct to consumers
Oct 16, 2014 – CBS has announced the launch of CBS All Access, a digital subscription video on demand and Nielsen-measured live streaming service for the CBS Television Network.
News categories: CBS Corp, Leslie Moonves, Jim Lanzone, Marc DeBevoise, Peter Dunn, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
ActiveVideo, Intel reduce Virtual Set-Top Box data center capex to $1/sub
Sep 9, 2014 – ActiveVideo has announced increases in the scalability and efficiency of cloud-based virtual set-top box solutions for TV guides, online video and interactive advertising on the television using Intel technology.
News categories: ActiveVideo, Intel Corp, Eric Mentzer, Jens Wiegand, Ronald Brockmann, Content Distribution, Digital TV, HTML5, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Afghanistan issues digital broadcasting network licence to ACG
Aug 21, 2013 – Afghanistan's Ministry of Communications & Information Technology (MCIT) has announced that it has signed a contract with ACG for the change-over of the country's analogue TV to a digital system.
News categories: MCIT, ACG, Afghanistan, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Licensing, Terrestrial
Video Infrastructure Market Reaches $13.2B Worldwide
Feb 24, 2012 – ACG Research has released its Q4 2011 market size and share reports for the Service Provider Video Infrastructure (SPVI) market. The reports indicate that the SPVI market grew 5% sequentially to reach $4B for the quarter, although down 3% year to year.
News categories: ACG Research, Cable Modem, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Streaming
- SeaChange to power streaming for FOX Sports Mexico
- Limited growth for APAC ex-China pay-TV revenues to 2027
- Shahid streaming platform now available on KONKA Smart TVs
- JPIX partners with Cisco and Qwilt for streaming delivery in Japan
- ZTE helps América Móvil migrate from AOSP to Android TV
- Veira Group starts production of webOS Hub 2.0 Smart TVs
- NextGen TV launched in Champaign and Springfield-Decatur
- Innovid integrates Kinetiq ad-occurrence data
- TF1 implements Irdeto Control to protect World Cup streams
- Premium online video rebounds in Southeast Asia
- Magyar Telekom selects ThinkAnalytics for content discovery and targeted promotions
- NextGen TV launches on seven local TV stations in Birmingham, AL
- Helwa TV channel launches on Arabsat's BADR-6
- Discovery+ launches on DIRECTV and DIRECTV STREAM
- AWS Clean Rooms launched
- Prime Video heads Parks Associates list of top U.S. SVOD services
- VIDAA brings football to Google TV and Android TV
- Deloitte predicts ads on all streaming services
- Hybrid AVOD/SVOD to drive major subscription platforms
- Consumer VR shipments in China to approach 7 million units in 2026