Digital TV News: ADTH
Viu app comes to Astro's Ultra Box
Mar 10, 2023 – Astro has expanded its streaming service, adding the Viu app to its platform. Astro customers can now access Viu on multi-screens, including on its Ultra Box.
News categories: Astro, Viu, Agnes Rozario, Janice Lee, Apps, Digital TV, Malaysia, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming
Tolka software to power first certified NEXTGEN TV upgrade accessory
Feb 6, 2023 – Tolka is the first ATSC 3.0 software vendor to power devices entering the NEXTGEN TV trademark certification process. The Tolka software stack will reside on ADTH-branded receivers planned for introduction later this year.
News categories: Pearl TV, Tolka, Anne Schelle, Sam Matheny, Dr. Bob Campbell, ATSC 3, Digital TV, NABShow, Peripherals / Accessories, USA
Magnite announces next generation CTV and OTT monetization platform
Feb 7, 2023 – Magnite (NASDAQ:MGNI) has announced Magnite Streaming. Magnite Streaming empowers media owners to maximize the value of their assets across live and VOD inventory, CTV and OTT, and addressable linear.
News categories: Magnite, Sean Buckley, Evan Adlman, Andrew Tint, Travis Hockersmith, Jill Steinhauser, Advertising, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
Ad-supported Disney+ now available in the U.S.
Dec 8, 2022 – Disney+ has made its ad-supported subscription offering available in the U.S. New subscription plans with ads across the Disney Bundle and Hulu + Live TV packages are also now available.
News categories: Disney, Disney Advertising, Michael Paull, Rita Ferro, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Havas Media to integrate Samba TV data into its audience platform
Oct 26, 2022 – Havas Media Group (HMG) North America and Samba TV have announced that they are partnering to integrate Samba TV's OTT and linear television viewing data into Converged, HMG’s audience and data management platform.
News categories: Samba TV, Havas Media, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, North America
Saankhya Labs' SDR chipset powers ATSC designs from ADTH
Oct 19, 2022 – Saankhya Labs (BSE: 540595) (NSE: TEJASNET) has announced that ADTH has launched a series of NEXTGEN ATSC designs, powered by Saankhya's SL3000 SDR-based ATSC 3.0/1.0 demodulator chipset.
News categories: Saankhya Labs, ADTH, Tolka, Vivek Kimbahune, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Korea, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA
OKAST powers Endemol France channels on Samsung TV Plus
Sep 19, 2022 – Endemol France is using the OKAST Channels solution. OKAST Channels is a playout, transcoding, and ad insertion solution that allows Endemol to create, launch, distribute and monetize FAST channels in a few weeks.
News categories: OKAST, Endemol, Cédric Monnier, Jean-François Rubinstein, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, Smart TV, Streaming
Kaltura survey reveals gap in what streaming services and consumers consider essential
Sep 8, 2022 – Kaltura (Nasdaq: KLTR) has released results of a global survey of 200 streaming service provider executives. The report delves into how streaming providers are adapting to fast-changing technology and consumer expectations.
News categories: Kaltura, Nuno Sanches, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Green Streams and MediaMelon partner to deliver IPTV & OTT analytics
Sep 6, 2022 – Green Streams has integrated the SmartSight platform from MediaMelon within its end-to-end IPTV & OTT platform. The new Platform-As-A-Service model provides modular features, full HD and 4K workflows, and flexible monetization.
News categories: Green Streams, MediaMelon, Gernot Jaeger, Kumar Subamanian, Big Data, Digital TV, QoE, Streaming, Worldwide
- CDNetworks powers VSTV K+ OTT streaming in Vietnam
- 24i and Amagi partner to enable rapid launch of streaming services
- Net Insight and Skyline partner on live video workflows
- Mixed fortunes for pay TV in the Asia Pacific region
- Evolution Digital integrates OpenSync with an Android TV set-top box
- ARF calls for move away from TV households as basis of TV measurement
- 76% of SVOD services to introduce ads in the next two years
- Free, ad-supported streaming takes off in the U.S.
- NextGen TV begins broadcasting in Des Moines, IA
- PANTAFLIX to dispose of streaming technology subsidiary
- Harmonic powers live sports streaming for VertiCast
- Eurovision Sport selects Ad Insertion Platform monetization solution
- TV reception over the Internet continues to grow in Switzerland
- Ateme launches statmux for NextGen TV and streaming services
- Canela Media chooses Amagi for FAST content monetization
- SES in discussions regarding possible combination with Intelsat
- Comscore expands 48-hour television reporting
- TCCL deploys iWedia Android TV Custom Launcher
- LiveU joins AWS Partner Network
- 63% of rural Americans bundle internet and TV