Digital TV News: Ampere Analysis
Addressable TV now a $56bn industry
Jun 26, 2023 – A report published by Ampere Analysis, with Finecast and Microsoft Advertising, finds that the global addressable TV sector is now a $56bn industry. This is set to rise to $87bn by 2027.
News categories: Finecast, Ampere Analysis, Microsoft Advertising, Kristian Claxton, Richard Broughton, Dave Osborn, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
Feb 2, 2023 – Synamedia has unveiled research, conducted by Ampere Analysis, analysing the impact of sports and entertainment piracy and the potential revenues that would result from converting pirate viewers to legal subscribers.
News categories: Synamedia, Ampere Analysis, Avigail Gutman, Guy Bisson, Brazil, Content Protection, Digital TV, Germany, India, Italy, Market Research, Thailand, UK, USA
Brits spend a third of waking hours watching TV and video
Aug 5, 2021 – UK adults sought solace in screens and streaming in 2020, spending a third of their waking hours watching TV and online video content, according to Ofcom’s annual study of the nation’s media habits.
News categories: Ofcom, Yih-Choung Teh, Broadcast, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, UK
Sports piracy reduction could unlock $28.3bn in new revenue
Mar 15, 2021 – Service providers and rights holders can unlock up to $28.3 billion in new revenue each year by reducing sports piracy, according to a report from Synamedia in partnership with Ampere Analysis.
News categories: Synamedia, Ampere Analysis, Yael Fainaro, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Inaugural IBC Showcase scheduled for September 8-11
Sep 2, 2020 – IBC has announced that its inaugural IBC Showcase will run from September 8th – 11th 2020, and continue as a once a week event throughout 2020. The IBC Showcase features three programmes: Content Programme, Exhibitor Showcase and Industry News.
News categories: IBC, Michael Crimp, Mark Smith, Steve Connolly, Christelle Gental, Digital TV, IBC2023, Worldwide
Europe is not cord-cutting right across the board
Jun 13, 2019 – The European Audiovisual Observatory has published a report on pay audiovisual services in Europe, covering the state of play for the two main segments: linear pay TV and SVOD. The report also analyses the main factors likely to influence their development.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, Laura Ene, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Streaming
Hulu tops 25 million total subscribers in 2018
Jan 8, 2019 – Hulu has announced that it added 8 million subscribers in 2018 and closed its fiscal year with more than 25 million total subscribers across its subscription on demand (SVOD) and live TV plans in the U.S.
News categories: Hulu, Randy Freer, Digital TV, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
Pay TV and SVOD in Europe on the up, TV viewing and Blu-ray slump
Nov 22, 2018 – The European Audiovisual Observatory has published its Yearbook 2018/2019 on line service. The database provides comparative European data on film, television, on-demand and physical video in 41 countries.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Streaming
SVOD revenue in Europe grew by 128% annually between 2011 and 2016
Mar 8, 2018 – According to a report from the European Audiovisual Observatory, subscription VOD service revenue in Europe grew by 128% annually between 2011 and 2016 to represent 66% of total pay on-demand service revenue in 2016.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, Gilles Fontaine, Christian Grece, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Streaming, Subscribers
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set
- TVMonaco chooses OKAST streaming platform
- DAZN Edge platform expands coverage in Europe with MainStreaming
- LG presents vision to become media and entertainment platform company
- UK PSBs developing broadband-delivered free TV service
- ZTE and Netgem collaborate on cloud gaming for Android TV
- Rokid shows portable Android TV device for AR glasses at IBC
- NPAW introduces Nokia-developed video probe at IBC 2023
- Eutelsat and ENENSYS show live DVB-NIP over 5G at IBC