Digital TV News: Aneesh Rajaram
Amlogic and Vewd introduce turnkey chipset platform for pay TV service
Sep 13, 2019 – Amlogic has partnered with Vewd to pre-integrate Vewd OS on chipsets designed for streaming media players, STBs and connected home devices. The partnership reduces CapEx and time-to-market for manufacturers selecting Amlogic silicon, while giving access to the Vewd OS feature set.
News categories: Vewd, Amlogic, Aneesh Rajaram, James Xie, Digital TV, HTML5, IBC2019, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
Arion selects Vewd to support HbbTV OpApp deployment across Europe
Sep 12, 2019 – Vewd and Arion have partnered to deliver Vewd Core, and Vewd’s HbbTV and Operator App modules on Arion set-top boxes. The new agreement will result in the deployment of set-top boxes supporting the new HbbTV Operator App standard throughout Europe.
News categories: Vewd, Arion, Aneesh Rajaram, SH Cho, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, IBC2019, Set Top Box
ALi and Vewd bring OTT functionality to entry-level Pay TV STBs
Sep 11, 2019 – Vewd has announced that ALi Corporation will pre-integrate Vewd Atom on its ALi M3528 platform for set-top boxes. This breakthrough cloud-based solution brings full OTT functionality to entry-level set-top boxes previously unable to run modern TV apps.
News categories: Vewd, ALi Corp, Aneesh Rajaram, Sophia Liang, Digital TV, IBC2019, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Vewd and Realtek collaborate to advance Android TV offering
Aug 27, 2019 – Vewd has announced that Realtek will pre-integrate Vewd’s smart TV technology and essential modules with their Android TV-based chipsets. The integration will include Vewd Core as well as Vewd's hybrid TV, media player and Freeview Play modules.
News categories: Vewd, Realtek, Android TV, Digital TV, Media Player, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
INNOPIA announces Vewd OS-based streaming device
Jun 18, 2019 – Vewd has announced that INNOPIA will launch an HDMI-based streaming media device featuring Vewd OS. The new device empowers operators with unprecedented control and flexibility while enabling the premium OTT services subscribers demand.
News categories: Vewd, INNOPIA, Aneesh Rajaram, Heewon Park, ConnecTechAsia, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Worldwide
NOVATEK and Vewd partner to create turnkey smart TV platform
Jan 8, 2019 – Vewd has partnered with NOVATEK to enable Vewd OS on chipsets powering Linux-based smart TVs. Adding Vewd OS to NOVATEK chipsets provides OEMs with a pre-integrated Smart TV OS containing the most requested advanced smart TV features.
News categories: Vewd, NOVATEK, Aneesh Rajaram, CES, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
iflix app certified for Vewd-enabled Smart TVs and STBs
Oct 11, 2018 – Vewd and iflix have partnered to make iflix available on Vewd enabled devices. The iflix app has been certified for the Vewd ecosystem, meaning that it can be deployed on millions of connected TVs and STBs without challenging integration.
News categories: Vewd, iflix, Aneesh Rajaram, Mark Britt, Africa, Apps, Asia, Digital TV, Middle-East, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Vewd and HiSilicon introduce turnkey platform for streaming devices
Sep 12, 2018 – Vewd, with HiSilicon, has announced Vewd Go, a turnkey streaming media player reference design built for operators to boost subscribers by directly addressing the demands of the OTT generation. Vewd Go gives operators new ways to reach cord-nevers, cord-cutters, multi-room subscribers, and subscribers-on-the-go.
News categories: Vewd, HiSilicon, Aneesh Rajaram, John Liu, Digital TV, IBC2019, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Opentech selects Vewd to provide HbbTV support at European operators
Sep 11, 2018 – Vewd and Opentech have announced a contract that adds Vewd Core, and Vewd’s HbbTV 2.0.1 and Operator Applications modules to their set-top boxes (STBs). The agreement will result in the first deployment of STBs supporting the HbbTV Operator Application standard.
News categories: Vewd, Opentech, Aneesh Rajaram, Juyong Lee, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, Set Top Box
- ATBiS to manufacture Triveni Digital ATSC 3.0 broadcast gateway
- Sumitomo selects SiTune ISDB-S3 tuner for 4K/8K set-top box
- Synamedia and Triveni Digital partner for ATSC 3.0 video delivery
- Rohde & Schwarz supports 5G Broadcast trial in Brazil
- EU imposes interim measures on Broadcom in TV chipset market
- Globecast provides media operations for Orby TV
- Switch Media unveils fast-to-market OTT platform
- Allegro DVT acquires Amphion Semiconductor
- Australian SVOD poised to break billion-dollar AU$ barrier
- HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
- TV Time acquires Mediamorph
- Apple TV App and Apple TV+ coming to the Roku platform
- Amobee launches fraud-free guarantee for Connected TV inventory
- GTPL Hathway digital pay TV subscribers up 150,000 in 3Q 2019
- ARK Multicasting and Microsoft partner for rural broadband and cloud services
- Phoenix Model Market adding 2nd NEXTGEN TV transmission site and SFN
- Melita grows TV subscriber base to more than 100,000
- Orange France Livebox 5 powered by SoftAtHome
- Viewers in Australia feel overwhelmed in streaming battleground
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan