Digital TV News: Aneesh Rajaram
Vewd acquired by Xperi
Jul 5, 2022 – Xperi (NASDAQ: XPER) has acquired Vewd Software for $109 million. The acquisition establishes Xperi as a leading independent streaming media platform through its TiVo brand and the largest independent provider of Smart TV middleware globally.
News categories: Xperi, Vewd, Jon Kirchner, Aneesh Rajaram, Digital TV, MandA, Middleware, Smart TV, TV OS, UX, Worldwide
Vewd receives approval for financial restructuring
Feb 1, 2022 – Vewd Software has announced the U.S. Bankruptcy Court's approval of its Plan of Reorganization. The restructuring will eliminate the vast majority of Vewd’s debt and position Vewd for long-term growth.
News categories: Vewd, Aneesh Rajaram, Digital TV, Private Equity, USA, Worldwide
Vewd For Automotive enables premium entertainment in Skywell electric SUV
Jan 27, 2022 – Vewd for Automotive, a white-labeled, cloud-managed content aggregation and monetization solution, has been enabled in Skywell's ET5 electric SUV, providing access to a wide variety of entertainment options – including radio, podcasts, broadcast TV, OTT apps, and VOD.
News categories: Vewd, Skywell, Aneesh Rajaram, Leon Zhu, Content Distribution, Digital TV, In-Car, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats
Oct 21, 2021 – MediaTek’s Autus I20 (MT2712) chipset has been selected to power Vewd for Automotive, a white-labeled, cloud-managed content aggregation and monetization solution for in-vehicle infotainment.
News categories: Vewd, MediaTek, Aneesh Rajaram, PC Tseng, Content Distribution, Digital TV, In-Car, Semiconductor, Streaming, Worldwide
Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
Oct 14, 2021 – Vewd, together with Vestel, has introduced Vewd Operator TV, a full-featured Smart TV with a built-in, content-enriched Pay TV experience, avoiding the need for operators to provide a set-top box.
News categories: Vewd, Vestel, Aneesh Rajaram, Barış Altınkaya, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
Vewd provides content browser for Facebook's Portal TV
Jul 15, 2021 – Facebook has selected Vewd to provide the first web browser in the Portal TV App Store. Vewd's technology is designed for connected TV devices, enabling viewing of streaming content not available in an app.
News categories: Vewd, Portal TV, Aneesh Rajaram, Apps, Digital TV, Europe, North America, Oceania, Set Top Box, Streaming
Vewd offers ATSC 3.0 integration options
Jun 10, 2021 – Vewd has announced an ATSC 3.0 middleware integration option for Vewd OS, Vewd Broadcast Plus and Vewd Core, shortening time-to-market for TV and set-top box manufacturers launching NEXTGEN TV devices.
News categories: Vewd, Omdia, Aneesh Rajaram, Paul Gray, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
Facebook Watch TV app available for Vewd-enabled devices
Apr 15, 2021 – The Facebook Watch TV app is now available for Vewd-enabled smart TVs and STBs. With the app, users can discover and watch videos based on their interests and social connections on Facebook.
News categories: Vewd, Facebook, Aneesh Rajaram, Apps, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Crackle app to launch on Smart TVs powered by Vewd
Mar 10, 2021 – Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment (Nasdaq: CSSE) has announced that Crackle Plus has signed an agreement to launch the Crackle app on Smart TVs and set-top boxes powered by Vewd.
News categories: Crackle, Vewd, Philippe Guelton, Aneesh Rajaram, Apps, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification
- Bouygues Telecom streams video in Multicast ABR with Broadpeak
- iWedia releases test solution for HbbTV device compliance
- Utomik to bring cloud gaming to VIDAA Smart TVs
- Avid provides Iceland's RÚV with ingest and playout solution
- Global pay TV penetration to fall for the first time in 2024