Digital TV News: Aneesh Rajaram
Vewd provides content browser for Facebook's Portal TV
Jul 15, 2021 – Facebook has selected Vewd to provide the first web browser in the Portal TV App Store. Vewd's technology is designed for connected TV devices, enabling viewing of streaming content not available in an app.
News categories: Vewd, Portal TV, Aneesh Rajaram, Apps, Digital TV, Europe, North America, Oceania, Set Top Box, Streaming
Vewd offers ATSC 3.0 integration options
Jun 10, 2021 – Vewd has announced an ATSC 3.0 middleware integration option for Vewd OS, Vewd Broadcast Plus and Vewd Core, shortening time-to-market for TV and set-top box manufacturers launching NEXTGEN TV devices.
News categories: Vewd, Omdia, Aneesh Rajaram, Paul Gray, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
Facebook Watch TV app available for Vewd-enabled devices
Apr 15, 2021 – The Facebook Watch TV app is now available for Vewd-enabled smart TVs and STBs. With the app, users can discover and watch videos based on their interests and social connections on Facebook.
News categories: Vewd, Facebook, Aneesh Rajaram, Apps, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Crackle app to launch on Smart TVs powered by Vewd
Mar 10, 2021 – Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment (Nasdaq: CSSE) has announced that Crackle Plus has signed an agreement to launch the Crackle app on Smart TVs and set-top boxes powered by Vewd.
News categories: Crackle, Vewd, Philippe Guelton, Aneesh Rajaram, Apps, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Vewd unifies linear and OTT in a UX for pay TV operators
Dec 15, 2020 – Vewd has introduced Vewd OpX (Operator Experience), a cloud-managed set-top box experience integrating pay TV services with aggregated OTT content. Vewd OpX enables operators to deliver any TV content within a single unified user experience.
News categories: Vewd, Aneesh Rajaram, Digital TV, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
Vewd integrates support for BML and Hybridcast
Dec 3, 2020 – Vewd has announced support for Broadcast Markup Language (BML) and Hybridcast in Vewd Core. Vewd Core with BML and Hybridcast provides devices with a unified OTT and hybrid TV environment ready for the Japanese market.
News categories: Vewd, Aneesh Rajaram, Digital TV, In-Car, Japan, Smart TV, UX
Vewd announces cloud-managed in-vehicle entertainment platform
Nov 17, 2020 – Vewd has announced Vewd for Automotive, a white-labeled cloud-managed platform that brings streaming entertainment to car manufacturers and automotive infotainment platforms.
News categories: Vewd, Aneesh Rajaram, Digital TV, In-Car, Middleware, Streaming, Worldwide
Vestel expands Smart TV contract with Vewd
Aug 28, 2020 – Vewd and Vestel have announced a contract renewal that will see Vewd Core and Core Modules deployed across the full range of Vestel Smart TVs. The agreement will also lead to the first large scale deployment of Smart TVs supporting the HbbTV OpApp standard.
News categories: Vewd, Vestel, Aneesh Rajaram, Barış Altınkaya, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, Smart TV, Turkey, Worldwide
Vewd wins Emmy for work on HTML5 for TV
Jan 30, 2020 – Vewd has announced that the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences (NATAS) has granted Vewd a Technology & Engineering Emmy Award for its pioneering work on HTML5 for the presentation of online content on the TV screen.
News categories: Vewd, Aneesh Rajaram, Digital TV, HTML5, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
- Roku launches player line-up for Germany
- 5G Broadcast and DTT can share UHF band and broadcast infrastructure
- SVOD household penetration in Malaysia to reach 27% in 2025
- Accedo powers Arabic SVOD service from TenTime
- Wurl unveils performance marketing service for streamers
- Origin selects Kantar for UK media measurement
- Germany to overtake the UK by SVOD subscribers
- Roku launches OneView ad platform for Canada
- NEXTGEN TV launched on five local TV stations in St. Louis, MO
- Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way