Digital TV News: Arion
Mobistar selects Viaccess-Orca CA to secure cable TV services
Mar 3, 2014 – Viaccess-Orca and Mobistar have announced that Belgian telecommunications operator Mobistar has selected a content protection solution from Viaccess-Orca to support its cable TV service.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Mobistar, Jean Marc Harion, François Moreau de Saint Martin, Belgium, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV
Russia's STB market to be flat at 2.5 million units in 2012
Dec 5, 2011 – According to a report from J'son & Partners commissioned by the European Audiovisual Observatory, the number of set-top boxes shipped this year in Russia will be 2.5 million, with no growth expected in 2012.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, J'son & Partners, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Russia, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Nepal's HomeTV Selects Latens CAS Solution To Secure Content And Revenues
Aug 24, 2010 – Latens has announced that Satellite Channel Pvt. Ltd Nepal, a Pay-TV provider in the South Asia region, has chosen Latens DTH software CAS for its HomeTV DTH system in Nepal.
News categories: Latens, HomeTV, Media Nucleus, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Nepal, Satellite
Trinity Communications Launches Triple Play Service With ARRIS RFoG Solution
Aug 9, 2010 – ARRIS (Nasdaq: ARRS) has announced that Trinity Communications has launched digital voice, video and high-speed data triple play service through an ARRIS FTTMax RF over Glass (RFoG) all fiber network to Marion and Sequatchie County, TN.
News categories: ARRIS Group, Trinity Communications, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Fibre, USA
Arion integrates Latens software-only CAS for DTH
Aug 4, 2010 – Latens has announced that their partnership with Arion Technology has delivered a world first. Latens CAS and Arion's STB technology have been integrated to deliver a secure, cardless one-way broadcasting solution for DTH broadcasters globally.
News categories: Latens, Arion, Conditional Access, Satellite, Set Top Box
SES WORLD SKIES to Host Extensive 3D TV Tests
Mar 1, 2010 – SES WORLD SKIES (Paris:SESG)(LuxX:SESG) has announced that it plans to join leading broadcasters, programmers, TV makers and technology providers in a series of extensive tests aimed at accelerating the delivery of 3D TV.
News categories: SES WORLD SKIES, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, VR
Videocon soft launches India DTH service
Apr 28, 2009 – Videocon Industries will launch its Direct-to-Home (DTH) satellite service in India on May 1st, after a soft launch on April 27th in Macau in front of its 2,500 dealers.
News categories: D2H, Videocon Industries, ARION, Conditional Access, Digital TV, India, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Clarion's New Navigation Systems Feature 4 Digital TV Tuners
Apr 24, 2008 – Clarion have announced four models from their new 'CRASVIA' and 'Smoonavi' 2DIN car navigation system series including a high-end model "NX808" that supports full 13-segment reception.
News categories: Clarion, Digital TV, In-Car, ISDB-T, Japan, Mobile, Terrestrial
Alvarion, NDS and MobiTV to Demonstrate Mobile WiMAX TV
Apr 9, 2007 – Alvarion, (NASDAQ: ALVR) has announced that it is showcasing 4Motion(TM) mobile WiMAX high resolution TV in cooperation with NDS and MobiTV. More …
News categories: Broadband, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware
- Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
- Accedo and Nreal bring streaming to lightweight AR glasses
- HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
- RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV
- Claro Box TV streaming in Colombia powered by Harmonic
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 68,000 in 3Q 2021
- Vodafone España provides real-time accurate EPG with Alpha Networks and MediaData TV
- Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats
- Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement
- C Spire to acquire Troy Cablevision
- Software Freedom Conservancy sues Vizio for GPL violations
- Altibox Android TV service goes live with 3SS and Technicolor
- Sunrise UPC launches yallo TV in Switzerland
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
- Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
- RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
- Disney+ coming to Hisense and Toshiba TVs with VIDAA Smart OS
- Tremor International acquires Spearad
- TekSavvy TV footprint expands across Canada
- Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product