Digital TV News: Bengt Jonsson
Alibaba Cloud selects Irdeto to simplify OTT content protection
Sep 20, 2018 – Alibaba Cloud has selected Irdeto Rights to simplify OTT content protection for its customers. Irdeto’s multi-DRM solution, including ChinaDRM, PlayReady, Widevine and FairPlay support, will enable content owners and operators to quickly deploy OTT services.
News categories: Irdeto, Alibaba Cloud, Bengt Jonsson, Li Bin, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, Streaming
Irdeto Selected as CA partner for Eutelsat's CIRRUS
Sep 7, 2018 – Irdeto has announced that it has been selected by Eutelsat as a security partner for its Eutelsat CIRRUS hybrid platform. The service allows Eutelsat customers to offer Direct-to-Home (DTH) services combined with OTT services across multiple screens.
News categories: Irdeto, Eutelsat, Bengt Jonsson, Bruno Cattan, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Satellite, Streaming, Worldwide
Youku and Irdeto bring secure premium content to consumers in China
Aug 8, 2018 – Youku has selected Irdeto Rights for ChinaDRM to safeguard premium content delivery. Youku will also deploy Irdeto TraceMark for mobile, PC and OTT VOD for its paid subscription service to detect and combat content theft and redistribution piracy.
News categories: Irdeto, Youku, Bengt Jonsson, Xin Shi, China, Digital TV, DRM, Mobile, Streaming
DELTA selects Irdeto to protect new IPTV set-top box
Mar 8, 2018 – Irdeto has announced that it will provide security solutions and services to DELTA as it rolls out an all-IP service in The Netherlands. Irdeto partnered with Amino who are providing DELTA with a full end-to-end solution.
News categories: Irdeto, Amino, DELTA, Bengt Jonsson, Donald McGarva, Karl Heinz van der Made, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Mobile, Netherlands, Set Top Box
Tata Sky appoints Irdeto for next generation OTT media services
Sep 16, 2017 – Irdeto has been selected by Tata Sky to enhance its end-to-end solution for OTT services. Tata Sky aims to launch the most innovative online video service in India to give consumers greater choice and convenience.
News categories: Irdeto, Tata Sky, Bengt Jonsson, Pallavi Puri, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2022, India, Streaming
MENA's GOBX now secured by Irdeto
Mar 21, 2017 – Irdeto has announced a deal with GOBX, a premium entertainment platform in the MENA region. After a significant investment in rights and premium content, GOBX selected Irdeto as a security partner so that they could focus on customer experience and expansion.
News categories: Irdeto, GOBX, Bengt Jonsson, CABSAT, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middle-East, Satellite
Vietnam's VSTV selects Irdeto for OTT service
Apr 26, 2016 – Irdeto has been selected by K+, a premium pay TV service by Vietnam Satellite Digital Television (VSTV), to provide end-to-end multiscreen support for the launch of its first commercial over-the-top (OTT) service.
News categories: Irdeto, VSTV, Bengt Jonsson, Jacques Aymar de Roquefeuil, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Mobile, Streaming, Vietnam
Irdeto and SMiT launch CAM for Transvision in Indonesia
Jul 21, 2015 – Irdeto has announced, with Samsung and SMiT, the launch of the first broadcast Direct-2-TV (D2TV) system for the Indonesian market that does not require a set-top box. Irdeto’s security is integrated with SMiT’s USB CAM and a range of Samsung TVs that do not require IP connectivity.
News categories: Irdeto, Transvision, SMiT, Samsung, Bengt Jonsson, Hengkie Liwanto, CAM, Content Protection, Digital TV, Indonesia, Satellite, Smart TV
Irdeto selected for Genflix OTT in Indonesia
Jun 2, 2015 – Irdeto has announced that PT Mega Media Indonesia Group, owner of satellite pay TV service, Orange TV, has selected Irdeto’s end-to-end Multiscreen services to support the launch of Genflix, Indonesia’s first-ever commercial over-the-top (OTT) content delivery service.
News categories: Irdeto, Orange TV, Bengt Jonsson, Supeno Lembang, BroadcastAsia, Content Protection, Digital TV, Indonesia, Streaming
- Atmosic SoC approved for Google Android TV remote controls
- Bell Media unveils new and expanded ad solutions
- Irdeto ensures integrity of apps running on OSNtv
- Thales and Netskrt Systems collaborate on inflight VOD streaming
- Samsung chip to power Hyundai in-vehicle infotainment
- Radio Television Hong Kong selects Irdeto multi-DRM solution
- Spectrum Reach taps Beachfront for programmatic monetization of convergent TV
- Netgem enables multiscreen TV for ZEOP with new UI on Android TV
- KCGM deploys Amagi SaaS offering to distribute anime channel in India
- Leading industry players join IAB Tech Lab advertising standards group
- DingoTV streaming service adds gamification with Edge Video
- Foxxum partners with OTTera to expand app portfolio
- Taiwan Mobile selects Broadpeak for live video streaming to mobiles
- TV Globo affiliate EPTV turns to MediaKind for IP video edge upgrade
- tvOS 17 brings FaceTime and video conferencing to Apple TV 4K
- VIDAA to bring Paramount+ to viewers in Canada and Latin America
- AR/VR headset shipments slowed in Q1 2023
- Introducing Apple Vision Pro: Apple’s first spatial computer
- 49% of U.S. adults watch video via a CTV device daily
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028