Digital TV News: Blacknut
LG TVs gain expanded selection of gamer-centric services
Jan 7, 2023 – LG is demonstrating its commitment to gaming on TV with a webOS UI update that features a dedicated gaming hub, the addition of Amazon Luna cloud gaming, and streaming gameplay at 4K 60fps via NVIDIA GeForce NOW.
News categories: LG Electronics, CES2023, Digital TV, Gaming, Smart TV, USA, UX
VANTIVA demonstrates latest CPE solutions at CES 2023
Jan 4, 2023 – At CES, VANTIVA will be demonstrating an array of solutions around new innovations, including Wi-Fi 7, 5G FWA, connected fitness and a hybrid set-top box/soundbar, for the connected home market.
News categories: VANTIVA, Luis Martinez-Amago, Android TV, Big Data, CES2023, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Samsung expands game streaming to more devices
Nov 16, 2022 – Rolling out through the end of the year, Samsung is making available apps from game streaming partners Xbox, Amazon Luna, NVIDIA GeForce NOW and Utomik, with Blacknut and Antstream Arcade coming in 2023.
News categories: Samsung, Antstream Arcade, Blacknut, Mike Lucero, Sarah Tobin, Steve Cottam, Nabil Laredj, Digital TV, Gaming, Smart TV, USA
LG unveils new gaming UI, adds new cloud-gaming services
Sep 5, 2022 – LG Electronics (LG) is expanding the gaming experience on its latest TVs, adding Blacknut and Utomik cloud-gaming services to give users more choice, and a UI update that makes it easier to get in the game.
News categories: LG Electronics, Digital TV, Gaming, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
Blacknut and Israel's Partner TV to offer cloud gaming service
Jul 20, 2020 – Partner TV has been working with Blacknut to launch a cloud gaming service called Partner TV Gaming Powered by Blacknut. The new service will offer more than 400 family-friendly premium games.
News categories: Blacknut, Partner Communications, Olivier Avaro, Liran Dan, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, Israel, Set Top Box
InterDigital releases report on streaming video delivery
Dec 18, 2019 – InterDigital (NASDAQ: IDCC) has released a study outlining how the advent of streaming media use cases like VR, AR and cloud gaming is increasingly pushing data boundaries, while edge computing, multicasting, and more efficient codecs present solutions to this video-driven future.
News categories: InterDigital, Laurent Depersin, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Metaverse, Streaming, Worldwide
- Proximus adds personalized suggestions from Netflix to Pickx
- Ateme services available in AWS Marketplace
- BADR-6 satellite at 26°E out of action
- Tolka software to power first certified NEXTGEN TV upgrade accessory
- SeaChange powers 'VIDAA Free' ad-supported video streaming hub
- Kudelski Digital TV segment sales lower-than-expected in Q4 2022
- Streaming TV platform Atmosphere receives funding at $1bn valuation
- CTV and gaming to generate annual digital ad spend of £4bn in the UK by 2026
- Roku and DoorDash partner to offer on-demand delivery from the TV
- Magnite announces next generation CTV and OTT monetization platform
- Irdeto enhances software DRM to prevent content key extraction
- T-Mobile NL partners with Witbe to guarantee IPTV service quality
- Global semiconductor sales grew 3.2% in 2022 despite H2 slowdown
- Veset acquired by PLAY Japan
- Hisense no. 1 in TV shipments in December 2022
- LG adds Apple integrations to webOS Hub smart TV platform
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment