Digital TV News: Bloomberg
Amino software powers integration of pay TV and streaming at Now TV
Jun 21, 2022 – Amino has collaborated with Now TV in Hong Kong to integrate its IPTV service with OTT services such as HBO GO and Netflix. Amino Engage simplifies Now TV's device and app management while AminoOS enables a viewing experience that integrates OTT and IPTV.
News categories: Aferian, HKT, Donald McGarva, Derek Choi, Android TV, Digital TV, Hong Kong, IPTV, Set Top Box
Bloomberg linear channels available on ZEASN-powered Smart TVs
Jun 9, 2022 – ZEASN has announced a partnership with Bloomberg. The deal encompasses the launch of the linear streaming channels Bloomberg Television and Bloomberg Quicktake on WhaleLive in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and other territories.
News categories: ZEASN, Bloomberg, Winson Chen, Soo Kan, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Middle-East, Smart TV, Streaming
Now TV introduces 'Now H1' Android TV box
May 24, 2022 – Now TV (SEHK:6823) has launched Now H1, a smart device that runs on the Android TV OS and enables Now H1 users to enjoy a world of entertainment with Now TV movies, drama, sports and edutainment, as well as all their favourite personal apps from Google Play.
News categories: HKT, Google, Now TV, Derek Choi, Michael Yue, Android TV, Digital TV, Hong Kong, IPTV, Set Top Box
Gaumont launches SVOD on Netgem Content-as-a-Service platform
May 12, 2022 – Netgem has announced a partnership with Gaumont to launch its Gaumont Classique SVOD service. To conceive and develop the service, Gaumont trusted the expertise of Netgem and its Content-as-a-Service platform.
News categories: Netgem, Gaumont, Mathias Hautefort, Jérôme Soulet, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, Streaming
AppLovin to acquire Wurl
Feb 28, 2022 – AppLovin (NASDAQ: APP) has concluded an agreement to acquire Wurl. The transaction is valued at approximately $430 million. The acquisition will extend AppLovin’s software platform capabilities into the CTV market.
News categories: AppLovin, Wurl, Adam Foroughi, Sean Doherty Sr, Digital TV, MandA, Streaming, USA
Magyar Telekom adds 20,424 TV subscribers in 3Q 2021
Nov 9, 2021 – Magyar Telekom (Reuters: MTEL.BU; Bloomberg: MTELEKOM HB) has reported results to end-September 2021. The company added 19,948 cable, DTH and IPTV subscribers in Hungary and 476 IPTV subscribers in North Macedonia in the third quarter.
News categories: Magyar Telekom, Cable TV, Digital TV, Hungary, IPTV, Macedonia, Satellite, Subscribers
Roku launches player line-up for Germany
Sep 27, 2021 – Roku has introduced its streaming player line-up for Germany, including the Roku Express, Roku Express 4K, Roku Streaming Stick 4K and Roku Streambar. Roku players are powered by the Roku OS.
News categories: Roku, Bart Bomers, Digital TV, Germany, Set Top Box, Streaming
Wurl unveils performance marketing service for streamers
Sep 22, 2021 – Wurl has unveiled Wurl Perform, a performance marketing service that enables streaming TV apps to acquire new viewers and reduce churn via highly targeted promotional campaigns.
News categories: Wurl, Sean Doherty, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
Sep 21, 2021 – VideoElephant has launched its Channels marketplace, a collection of more than 150 licensable, linear video feeds providing programming experiences for streaming platforms, digital media companies and brands.
News categories: VideoElephant, TCL, Stephen O'Shaughnessy, Feiyang Ding, Rob Dixter, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
- Xfinity Stream app launches on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD
- Tencent Video available in NetRange Smart TV app store
- Gibtelecom launches new TV platform with Netgem
- izzi adds anti-piracy and extended threat defense technologies from Verimatrix
- MEO deploys Velocix CDN and cloud-native VRM platforms
- AminoOS deployed to Vodafone Iceland’s legacy Samsung STBs
- Bhimavaram Community Network chooses Skyworth for 4K RDK IPTV set-tops
- Synaptics selects Allegro DVT VVC compliance streams
- NextGen TV launches in Shreveport, LA
- Sunrise deploys Media Distillery to enhance TV user experience
- Vewd brings in-vehicle streaming to Renesas R-Car automotive chipsets
- Omdia expects pay TV & online video subscriptions to pass 3 billion in 2027
- SeaChange Advanced Advertising Platform selected by Armstrong and BEAM
- U.S. streaming video consumers becoming more price sensitive
- SES-22 to launch on June 29th
- Euronews added to ZEASN's FAST service for smart TVs
- Orange to integrate DAZN sports in Spain
- BuyDRM to provide streaming security for Samsung TV Plus
- MEASAT-3d and GSAT-24 successfully placed into orbit
- Horizon Media to trial Comscore Local TV measurement data