Digital TV News: Brent Smith
Evolution Digital launches app-based user interface
Oct 2, 2018 – Evolution Digital has unveiled its operator-customizable eMERGE app-based software client that integrates pay-TV operators’ IP video services, enabled by eVUE-TV, including live linear, VOD, PPV and network DVR recordings, with OTT streaming content.
News categories: Evolution Digital, Brent Smith, Apps, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA, UX
Evolution Digital launches 4K Android TV STB
Feb 7, 2018 – Evolution Digital has announced the availability of eSTREAM 4K, powered by Android TV, an all-IP streaming box that delivers traditional cable services coupled with streaming apps from the Google Play Store.
News categories: Evolution Digital, Brent Smith, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
Evolution Digital rolls out upgraded eVUE-TV experience
Jan 22, 2018 – Evolution Digital has announced the deployment of software upgrades for its eVUE-TV IP video service experience with upgraded features and functionalities for both operators and their customers across the U.S.
News categories: Evolution Digital, Brent Smith, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA, UX
Evolution Digital signs agreement with TiVo to deliver eGUIDE
Mar 16, 2017 – Evolution Digital has announced that it has signed an agreement with TiVo to deploy eGUIDE, a newly-designed interactive program guide (IPG). eGUIDE provides cable operators in the U.S and Canada with a way to migrate legacy set-top boxes that use TiVo’s i-Guide.
News categories: Evolution Digital, TiVo, Brent Smith, Michael Hawkey, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
Evolution Digital and Conax provide Multi-DRM security for eVUE-TV
Feb 21, 2017 – Evolution Digital and Conax have announced that Conax will be providing its multi-DRM solution for Evolution Digital’s eVUE-TV platform, available on the National Cable Television Cooperative’s (NCTC) VU-IT! Platform.
News categories: Conax, Evolution Digital, Rohit Mehra, Brent Smith, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, USA
WOW! first with Evolution Digital's eVUE-TV IP video platform
Jun 7, 2016 – Evolution Digital has announced that WOW! will be the first to deploy Evolution’s eVUE-TV IP video solution. eVUE-TV will allow WOW! customers to choose from VOD programming, alongside WOW!’s live channel line-up.
News categories: Evolution Digital, WOW!, Brent Smith, Cash Hagen, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, USA
Evolution Digital deploys TiVo-powered eBOX at WOW! cable
May 17, 2016 – Evolution Digital has announced that WOW! is the first broadband operator to offer Evolution Digital's eBOX IP hybrid set-top box, powered by TiVo. eBOX is being deployed for WOW!’s new SW!VEL service, which combines live TV with OTT services.
News categories: Evolution Digital, WOW!, Brent Smith, Cash Hagen, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
Cubiware integrates CubiTV with TiVo® Cloud service
Sep 12, 2013 – Cubiware and TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) have announced that they are demonstrating a prototype of a CubiTV and TiVo Cloud Services integration on thin client Set-Top-Boxes (STBs) from Evolution Digital during IBC 2013 in Amsterdam.
News categories: Cubiware, TiVo Inc, Evolution Digital, Jakub Górski, Joe Weber, Brent Smith, Digital TV, IBC2022, Middleware, Set Top Box
Columbus Communications Launches Digital IP Video Technology Platform with Evolution Digital, Conax and Cubiware
Oct 17, 2012 – Columbus Communications has announced that, in partnership with Evolution Digital, Conax and Cubiware, they are offering a Pre-Integrated Hybrid IP Video Platform in 25 countries in the greater Caribbean, Central America and Andean region.
News categories: Evolution Digital, Columbus Communications, Conax, Cubiware, Content Distribution, DRM, IPTV, Middleware, SCTE•ISBE, Set Top Box
- Bezeq signs distribution agreement for Disney+
- Synamedia acquires content discovery platform provider, Utelly
- Gracenote launches Streaming Channels Data
- Mongolia's Univision selects end-to-end solution from Viaccess-Orca
- TV5MONDE expands global reach with Harmonic cloud streaming
- SUPER RTL launch TOGGO multiscreen service enabled by 3SS
- 24i launches 24iQ personalization and recommendations service
- Great Wall Motor selects ACCESS-powered IVI system from BEAN TECH
- Infovista enables user experience testing for OTT and 5G apps and services
- UAE TV viewership research launched at CABSAT 2022
- Another record month for U.S. streaming in April
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G