Digital TV News: Brent Smith
Evolution Digital launches app-based user interface
Oct 2, 2018 – Evolution Digital has unveiled its operator-customizable eMERGE app-based software client that integrates pay-TV operators’ IP video services, enabled by eVUE-TV, including live linear, VOD, PPV and network DVR recordings, with OTT streaming content.
News categories: Evolution Digital, Brent Smith, Apps, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA, UX
Evolution Digital launches 4K Android TV STB
Feb 7, 2018 – Evolution Digital has announced the availability of eSTREAM 4K, powered by Android TV, an all-IP streaming box that delivers traditional cable services coupled with streaming apps from the Google Play Store.
News categories: Evolution Digital, Brent Smith, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA, Worldwide
Evolution Digital rolls out upgraded eVUE-TV experience
Jan 22, 2018 – Evolution Digital has announced the deployment of software upgrades for its eVUE-TV IP video service experience with upgraded features and functionalities for both operators and their customers across the U.S.
News categories: Evolution Digital, Brent Smith, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA, UX
Evolution Digital signs agreement with TiVo to deliver eGUIDE
Mar 16, 2017 – Evolution Digital has announced that it has signed an agreement with TiVo to deploy eGUIDE, a newly-designed interactive program guide (IPG). eGUIDE provides cable operators in the U.S and Canada with a way to migrate legacy set-top boxes that use TiVo’s i-Guide.
News categories: Evolution Digital, TiVo, Brent Smith, Michael Hawkey, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
Evolution Digital and Conax provide Multi-DRM security for eVUE-TV
Feb 21, 2017 – Evolution Digital and Conax have announced that Conax will be providing its multi-DRM solution for Evolution Digital’s eVUE-TV platform, available on the National Cable Television Cooperative’s (NCTC) VU-IT! Platform.
News categories: Conax, Evolution Digital, Rohit Mehra, Brent Smith, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, USA
WOW! first with Evolution Digital's eVUE-TV IP video platform
Jun 7, 2016 – Evolution Digital has announced that WOW! will be the first to deploy Evolution’s eVUE-TV IP video solution. eVUE-TV will allow WOW! customers to choose from VOD programming, alongside WOW!’s live channel line-up.
News categories: Evolution Digital, WOW!, Brent Smith, Cash Hagen, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, USA
Evolution Digital deploys TiVo-powered eBOX at WOW! cable
May 17, 2016 – Evolution Digital has announced that WOW! is the first broadband operator to offer Evolution Digital's eBOX IP hybrid set-top box, powered by TiVo. eBOX is being deployed for WOW!’s new SW!VEL service, which combines live TV with OTT services.
News categories: Evolution Digital, WOW!, Brent Smith, Cash Hagen, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Cubiware integrates CubiTV with TiVo® Cloud service
Sep 12, 2013 – Cubiware and TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) have announced that they are demonstrating a prototype of a CubiTV and TiVo Cloud Services integration on thin client Set-Top-Boxes (STBs) from Evolution Digital during IBC 2013 in Amsterdam.
News categories: Cubiware, TiVo Inc, Evolution Digital, Jakub Górski, Joe Weber, Brent Smith, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Middleware, Set Top Box
Columbus Communications Launches Digital IP Video Technology Platform with Evolution Digital, Conax and Cubiware
Oct 17, 2012 – Columbus Communications has announced that, in partnership with Evolution Digital, Conax and Cubiware, they are offering a Pre-Integrated Hybrid IP Video Platform in 25 countries in the greater Caribbean, Central America and Andean region.
News categories: Evolution Digital, Columbus Communications, Conax, Cubiware, Content Distribution, DRM, IPTV, Middleware, SCTE•ISBE, Set Top Box
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5
- Amagi helps BUZZR unify broadcast and streaming operations
- Minerva Networks and SDMC complete Android TV integration
- 36 million vehicles to ship with Android infotainment systems in 2030
- Medianet optimizes video delivery with Harmonic
- Wyplay adds Netflix & Prime Video to legacy STBs for Free
- Parks Associates reveals top 10 U.S. SVOD services for 3Q 2020
- NEXTGEN TV launched in Raleigh, NC
- Subscribers at major U.S. pay TV providers down 120,000 in 3Q 2020
- Verizon releases updated Stream TV box
- VIZIO taps Nielsen to measure advanced TV campaigns
- U.S. vMVPD subscribers rise in Q3 as traditional multichannel decline slows
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR to deliver strong growth through 2024