Digital TV News: Business Bureau
Colombia's pay TV subscriber base passes the 8 million mark
Jan 20, 2015 – According to the latest Market Estimates report from BB BUSINESS BUREAU, the pay TV market in Colombia is continuing to grow though at a slower rate than one year ago.
News categories: BUSINESS BUREAU, Cable TV, Colombia, Digital TV, Satellite, Subscribers
Pay TV growth in Latin America moderates in Q3 2014
Oct 14, 2014 – According to BB-Business Bureau, after a period of expansion due to the emergence of new technologies, new players and the World Cup in Brazil, pay TV growth in the third quarter moderated in most parts of the Latin America region.
News categories: BB-Business Bureau, Verónica Bianchini, Santiago Zapata, Argentina, Brazil, Cable TV, Chile, Colombia, Digital TV, Ecuador, Market Research, Mexico, Peru, Satellite, Subscribers, Uruguay, Venezuela
In Latin America 51% of cable TV subscribers are digital
Sep 12, 2014 – BB-MEDIA Business Bureau has produced indices of the rate of conversion to digital of pay TV operators in Latin America. Overall little more than half of subscribers to cable TV have a digital service.
News categories: Business Bureau, Horacio Gennari, Christian Peralta, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Cable TV, Caribbean, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Digital TV, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Latin America, Market Research, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Puerto Rico, Subscribers, Uruguay, Venezuela
BB-BUSINESS BUREAU maps Americas pay TV after AT&T-DIRECTV merger
May 29, 2014 – BB-BUSINESS BUREAU has combined its own primary Latin America information with especially collected US data to show the pay TV and broadband competitive landscapes after AT&T acquires DIRECTV.
News categories: BB-BUSINESS BUREAU, Broadband, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Latin America, Market Research, North America, Satellite, Subscribers
In Colombia, Pay TV penetration reaches 60%
Feb 19, 2014 – BB-Business Bureau has determined that in Colombia there were 7.75 million Pay TV Subscribers at the end of 2013, representing a 13% increase in subscribers versus December 2012.
News categories: Business Bureau, Tomás Gennari, Horacio Gennari, Cable TV, Colombia, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India
- VUALTO event orchestration and DRM chosen for ITV Hub VOD delivery
- Nielsen now tracking premium theatrical films on VOD platforms
- rlaxx TV now available on Amazon Fire TV and Android TV
- SK Broadband selects NAGRA forensic watermarking for IPTV STBs
- 24i integrates Float Left Roku framework with its app platform
- Survey shows 27% of U.S. households plan to cut cable TV in 2021
- Cellnex Telecom selects Intertrust DRM for LOVEStv
- Synamedia integrates security and watermarking with Akamai
- Five-year CAGR of 1.1% for pay-TV revenues in Thailand