Digital TV News: CAI
VisualOn introduces universal content-adaptive encoding for video streaming
Sep 7, 2023 – VisualOn has launched Optimizer, a Universal Content-Adaptive Encoding solution, enabling providers to reduce streaming costs and improve viewing experiences without touching their existing infrastructure.
News categories: VisualOn, Yang Cai, Christophe Coquerel, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2023, Streaming, Worldwide
Netgem subscribers grow to 647,000 at end-June
Jul 28, 2023 – Netgem saw growth in its subscribers base in the first half of 2023 to 647,000 (+26% vs. end of 2022) thanks to momentum at operator customers in Finland, the UK and Luxembourg.
News categories: Netgem, Mathias Hautefort, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Results, Subscribers
CalaTelevision to launch CalaWeather channel with PlayBox Neo
Apr 6, 2023 – CalaTelevision will add a new cloud-based playout system for its CalaWeather channel – Cloud2TV from PlayBox Neo. CalaWeather provides weather for the Caribbean and Central America.
News categories: PlayBox Neo, CalaTelevision, Caribbean, Central America, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow
Intigral selects VisualOn transcoder for its VOD Network
Apr 5, 2023 – VisualOn has announced that Intigral has selected the VisualOn Optimizer to optimize CDN bandwidth and storage cost while maintaining and improving end-user video quality for the VoD network.
News categories: VisualOn, Intigral, Yang Cai, Eyad Al Dwaik, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middle-East, NABShow, Streaming
Red Bee Media and Dotscreen power RTBF's revamped AUVIO platform
Mar 6, 2023 – Red Bee Media has signed an agreement with RTBF to power its re-launched Auvio platform through Red Bee Media's managed OTT services. Red Bee Media partnered with Dotscreen to improve the Auvio user experience.
News categories: Red Bee Media, RTBF, Dotscreen, Stéphane Grandvarlet, Cecile Gonfroid, Belgium, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, UX
Magine Pro develops FlixOlé app for Movistar Plus+ STBs
Dec 14, 2022 – FlixOlé has expanded its D2C reach in Spain via Telefonica's Movistar Plus+. Magine Pro, with FlixOlé and Telefonica, developed the custom application for use on Movistar set-top boxes.
News categories: Magine Pro, FlixOlé, Movistar, Matthew Wilkinson, Sophie de Mac Mahon, Apps, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Spain
THEMA chooses OKAST to launch ‘My Bouquet Africain’ in Europe
Nov 7, 2022 – THEMA has tapped OKAST for the distribution of its African content offering, under the name 'My Bouquet Africain'. My Bouquet Africain is targeted at the French-speaking sub-Saharian African audience in Europe.
News categories: OKAST, THEMA, Cédric Monnier, Timothée Vidal, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Streaming
C&W brings Paramount+ to Flow and BTC subscribers in the Caribbean
Mar 28, 2022 – Paramount+ has announced an alliance with C&W Communications to bring its premium content exclusively to subscribers of Flow and BTC video services in more than 15 new markets in the Caribbean.
News categories: C&W Communications, Paramount+, Britta Reinhardt, Eduardo Lebrija, Cable TV, Caribbean, Digital TV, Streaming
ITV Studios to launch FAST channels on Samsung TV Plus
Feb 14, 2022 – ITV Studios is partnering with Samsung TV Plus to launch two FAST channels in Europe. The channels - Storylands and Hell's Kitchen - will initially kick off in the UK, before being rolled out to European markets including Germany and Italy.
News categories: ITV Studios, Samsung, Ruth Berry, Richard Jakeman, Digital TV, Europe, Smart TV, Streaming, UK
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029