Digital TV News: CCTV
Minerva Passes 200 IPTV Deployment Milestone
Aug 23, 2010 – Recent wins including Craw-Kan Telephone Cooperative and Swiftel Communications in North America, ICE in Costa Rica, PCCTV in Cambodia, and Palm Hills Development in the Middle East have increased the total number of Minerva's worldwide IPTV deployments to over two hundred (200).
News categories: Minerva Networks, Cambodia, Costa Rica, IPTV, Market Research, Middle-East, USA
CNTV obtains China's first Internet TV operating licence
Mar 25, 2010 – China Network Television (CNTV), a service of China Central Television (CCTV), has obtained from China's State Administration of Radio, Film and Television (SARFT) the country's first internet TV operating licence.
News categories: SARFT, China Network Television, China, Digital TV, Regulation, Streaming
Chongqing Cable, NDS and DOXTV to Launch First HD DVR and Push VOD Service in China
Dec 10, 2009 – NDS and DOXTV have announced the launch of China's first HD digital video recorder (DVR) and push video on demand (VOD) service for Chongqing Cable subscribers, Chongqing Cable TV+™.
News categories: NDS Group, DOXTV, Chongqing Cable, Cable TV, China, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DVR, Middleware, Set Top Box
On2 Releases Hantro Multiformat Hardware Decoder with On2 VP6 Support
Oct 8, 2009 – On2 Technologies (NYSE Amex: ONT) has announced that it has released its new flagship hardware video decoder design, the Hantro™ 9190. The 9190 is the tenth generation of the Hantro line of decoders.
News categories: On2, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Streaming
China Television Technology to use Syabas OTT set-top platform
Sep 28, 2009 – Syabas has signed an MOU with China Television Technology (CTT). CTT will set up a High Definition content application in which the content is streamed over the internet and decompressed to HDTVs and home stereos using Syabas technology.
News categories: Syabas, CCTV, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming
China Digital TV Announces Two New Contract Wins
Jun 2, 2009 – China Digital TV (NYSE: STV) has announced that the Company has won contracts to provide conditional access (CA) systems to Jiangxi TV Network, and subscriber management system (SMS) solutions to Zhongguang Movie and TV Satellite.
News categories: China Digital TV Holding, Cable TV, China, Conditional Access, Content Distribution
Legend Silicon Introduces Two New Demodulators for Portable Digital Television Applications
Sep 18, 2008 – Legend Silicon has introduced two demodulators for China's terrestrial (GB20600-2006) market. The LGS-8G75 and LGS-8G77 improve end-user reception while offering new interfaces and space savings for mobile and portable applications.
News categories: Legend Silicon, China, Digital TV, DTMB, ICs, Portable, Semiconductor
CCTV.com Uses Envivio Video Encoders to Launch Beijing IPTV Service In Time for 2008 Olympics
Aug 19, 2008 – Envivio has announced that the new media platform of China's largest television network, China Central Television (CCTV), has launched its IPTV service pilot in Beijing in time for the start of the Olympic Games using 80 Envivio 4Caster encoders.
News categories: Envivio, CCTV, China, Content Distribution, IBC2023, IPTV
Telepath Collaborated with Infineon and SMIC to Successfully Enable Diverse Mobile TV Devices for the 2008 Summer Olympic Games
Aug 4, 2008 – SMIC (NYSE:SMI; SEHK:981) has announced that Telepath Technologies has successfully integrated its CMMB demodulator chip, TP3001, in a majority of the mobile TV phones distributed at the 2008 Beijing Olympics.
News categories: Telepath Technologies, SMIC, China, Digital TV, Mobile, Semiconductor
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029