Digital TV News: CNN
Streaming services overtake TV Everywhere in the U.S.
Aug 25, 2021 – FreeWheel (Nasdaq: CMCSA) has published its 1H 2021 U.S. Video Marketplace Report. The report highlights the changing dynamics of how content owners and distributors are monetizing premium digital video content.
News categories: FreeWheel, James Rothwell, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
CNN+ streaming service to launch in Q1 2022
Jul 19, 2021 – CNN+ will feature original, live, on demand and interactive programming as a standalone D2C service with offerings that are separate and distinct from CNN, CNN International, HLN and CNN en Español linear TV channels.
News categories: CNN, Jeff Zucker, Andrew Morse, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
WarnerMedia, Discovery combination to be called 'Warner Bros. Discovery'
Jun 1, 2021 – Discovery (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) has announced 'Warner Bros. Discovery' as the name for the proposed entertainment company that will emerge from the combination of WarnerMedia and Discovery assets.
News categories: Discovery, Inc, David Zaslav, Digital TV, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
WarnerMedia and Discovery combine entertainment assets in standalone company
May 17, 2021 – AT&T (NYSE:T) and Discovery (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) have agreed to combine WarnerMedia's entertainment, sports and news assets with Discovery's non-fiction and international entertainment and sports businesses to create a standalone global entertainment company.
News categories: AT&T, Discovery, Inc, John Stankey, David Zaslav, Digital TV, MandA, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
WarnerMedia RIDE app now available for U.S. Toyota and Lexus owners
Apr 8, 2021 – Toyota Motor North America and AT&T have announced that when connected to AT&T in-car Wi-Fi, the WarnerMedia RIDE App, featuring a selection of live and on-demand content, is now available for Toyota and Lexus owners.
News categories: Toyota, AT&T, Steve Basra, Joe Mosele, Apps, Digital TV, In-Car, Streaming, USA
HBO Max to arrive in Latin America in June 2021
Feb 11, 2021 – WarnerMedia’s D2C streaming platform, HBO Max, is scheduled to launch in late June in 39 territories in Latin America and the Caribbean, marking the first availability for the platform outside the U.S.
News categories: HBO Max, Johannes Larcher, Argentina, Bahamas, Barbados, Bolivia, Brazil, Cayman Islands, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Digital TV, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Streaming, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Uruguay, Venezuela
DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
Dec 1, 2020 – Vrio has announced the launch of DIRECTV GO in Brazil. The platform combines live national and international programming with streaming content. DIRECTV GO is already available in Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Mexico, Peru and Uruguay.
News categories: Vrio, DIRECTV GO, Estanislau Bassols, Brazil, Digital TV, Streaming
WarnerMedia RIDE streaming comes to AT&T-connected GM vehicles
Oct 20, 2020 – AT&T and WarnerMedia have announced that select GM drivers will have access to WarnerMedia RIDE, offering video content on smartphones or tablets connected to AT&T-powered in-car Wi-Fi hotspots.
News categories: WarnerMedia, AT&T, General Motors, Barry Loudis, Sarita Rao, Santiago Chamorro, Digital TV, In-Car, Mobile, Streaming, USA
HBO Max launched in the U.S.
May 27, 2020 – WarnerMedia’s streaming platform, HBO Max, has officially launched. The launch is the culmination of efforts to bring the best of WarnerMedia together to launch the new offering, following AT&T’s acquisition of Time Warner.
News categories: WarnerMedia, HBO Max, Bob Greenblatt, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil
- ATEME joins Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program
- discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
- LiveRamp launches enhanced TV platform
- Comscore enables deduplicated ad campaigns on YouTube and YouTube TV
- Four Hartford TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Vestel rolls out Red Bull TV app to Smart TVs across Europe
- Viaccess-Orca powers Vialis hybrid DTT/OTT service
- TalkTalk selects Netgem for launch of 4K TV service
- 39% of U.S. OTT viewers access video services for specific content
- 60% of UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV
- Foxtel confirms syndication of Sky Glass streaming platform
- Survey highlights attraction of interacting with streaming video
- Yahoo and Tubi partner to streamline CTV ad buying