Digital TV News: CNN
CNN+ launches on the Roku platform in the U.S.
Apr 11, 2022 – CNN+ has launched in the United States on the Roku platform. The Roku channel store will contain both the CNN+ subscription service app and access to the existing TV everywhere experience for pay TV subscribers.
News categories: Roku, CNN+, Apps, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
CNN announces pricing for CNN+
Mar 3, 2022 – CNN has announced that CNN+ will debut this spring with a content offering that will be available for purchase at $5.99 per month or $59.99 per year. CNN+ offers three types of content: live, on-demand and interactive programming.
News categories: CNN, Andrew Morse, Alex MacCallum, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
Jan 20, 2022 – VIZIO has announced that SLING TV is now available on VIZIO SmartCast TVs. SmartCast users across America can access the SLING app to watch the live content they love, plus over 150,000 on demand shows and movies.
News categories: VIZIO, SLING TV, Katherine Pond, Seth Van Sickel, Apps, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Streaming services overtake TV Everywhere in the U.S.
Aug 25, 2021 – FreeWheel (Nasdaq: CMCSA) has published its 1H 2021 U.S. Video Marketplace Report. The report highlights the changing dynamics of how content owners and distributors are monetizing premium digital video content.
News categories: FreeWheel, James Rothwell, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
CNN+ streaming service to launch in Q1 2022
Jul 19, 2021 – CNN+ will feature original, live, on demand and interactive programming as a standalone D2C service with offerings that are separate and distinct from CNN, CNN International, HLN and CNN en Español linear TV channels.
News categories: CNN, Jeff Zucker, Andrew Morse, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
WarnerMedia, Discovery combination to be called 'Warner Bros. Discovery'
Jun 1, 2021 – Discovery (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) has announced 'Warner Bros. Discovery' as the name for the proposed entertainment company that will emerge from the combination of WarnerMedia and Discovery assets.
News categories: Discovery, Inc, David Zaslav, Digital TV, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
WarnerMedia and Discovery combine entertainment assets in standalone company
May 17, 2021 – AT&T (NYSE:T) and Discovery (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) have agreed to combine WarnerMedia's entertainment, sports and news assets with Discovery's non-fiction and international entertainment and sports businesses to create a standalone global entertainment company.
News categories: AT&T, Discovery, Inc, John Stankey, David Zaslav, Digital TV, MandA, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
WarnerMedia RIDE app now available for U.S. Toyota and Lexus owners
Apr 8, 2021 – Toyota Motor North America and AT&T have announced that when connected to AT&T in-car Wi-Fi, the WarnerMedia RIDE App, featuring a selection of live and on-demand content, is now available for Toyota and Lexus owners.
News categories: Toyota, AT&T, Steve Basra, Joe Mosele, Apps, Digital TV, In-Car, Streaming, USA
HBO Max to arrive in Latin America in June 2021
Feb 11, 2021 – WarnerMedia’s D2C streaming platform, HBO Max, is scheduled to launch in late June in 39 territories in Latin America and the Caribbean, marking the first availability for the platform outside the U.S.
News categories: HBO Max, Johannes Larcher, Argentina, Bahamas, Barbados, Bolivia, Brazil, Cayman Islands, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Digital TV, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Streaming, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Uruguay, Venezuela
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated
- 7.9 million Disney+ subscribers added in 1Q 2022
- Gaumont launches SVOD on Netgem Content-as-a-Service platform
- AMC+ coming to Orange Spain's entertainment offering in June
- Liberty Global video subscribers down 21,900 in Q1 2022
- First TVs powered by TiVo Stream OS expected in late 2023/early 2024
- AMC adds 431,000 paid streaming subscribers in 1Q 2022
- NOS Portugal adds 2,100 pay TV subscribers in 1Q 2022
- Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment to acquire Redbox
- Tivù launches USB-based CAM supporting 4K TV with SmarDTV
- Mango TV added to NetRange Smart TV App Store
- Samba TV releases State of Viewership Report for Q1 2022
- Globecast, France Télévisions and Orange trial 4K channel and 5G contribution in La Réunion
- TSA selects Agama for TV channel service and quality assurance
- M7 Group integrates pay TV service into TP Vision smart TVs
- 61% of U.S. livestreaming viewers watch sports
- Global telecoms market saw growth in 2021 except in pay TV
- UK's DTG publishes 'State of the Nation' report