Digital TV News: Cablenet
Cablenet rolls-out Amino STBs in Cyprus
Feb 23, 2021 – Amino has announced that Cablenet has begun to roll-out Amigo 7XC Android TV set-top boxes to its cable and fiber customers in Cyprus. Following extensive lab and field tests, the roll-out began in December 2020.
News categories: Amino, Cablenet, Donald McGarva, Charalambos Moyseos, Android TV, Cable TV, Cyprus, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box
Forthnet releases 2018 results
Apr 25, 2019 – Forthnet has announced results for the year ended December 31, 2018. Pay TV subscribers, combining retail and wholesale in Greece and Cyprus, remained steady at 478,000. Collection of viewership data from set top boxes has started via a platform from AdScribe.
News categories: Forthnet, AdScribe, Big Data, Cyprus, Digital TV, Greece, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers, TV Everywhere
EU cable industry revenue grows to €23.5 billion in 2016
Dec 4, 2017 – The European cable industry continued to show resiliency and steady growth in 2016, increasing 4 percent from the prior year, to €23.5 billion, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) and Cable Europe.
News categories: IHS Markit, Cable Europe, Maria Rua Aguete, Cable TV, Digital TV, EU, Market Research
Subisu Cablenet launches digital TV in Nepal
Oct 17, 2014 – Cable television provider, Subisu Cablenet, has announced Nepal's first digital TV service. The service, called CLEAR TV, will be available from 1st Nov, 2014.
News categories: Subisu, Cable TV, Digital TV, Nepal
ATEME encodes industry's first 4K cable channel
Apr 29, 2014 – ATEME has announced that Home Choice, a South Korean content aggregator, has selected its TITAN to encode Ultra High Definition (UHD) content in HEVC for the launch of UMAX, the worlds first dedicated 4K channel.
News categories: ATEME, Home Choice, UMAX, Eunsook Wi, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Korea
Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
May 21, 2013 – Elemental Technologies has announced that Canby Telcom has chosen Elemental systems to help with creation of a channel on the Roku® streaming platform for over-the-top (OTT) delivery of local broadcast channels to subscribers.
News categories: Elemental Technologies, Canby Telcom, Roku, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere, USA
Entropic Reports Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2012 Results
Feb 5, 2013 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) has reported its fourth quarter and fiscal year results for the period ended December 31, 2012. Entropic reported fourth quarter net revenues of $89.7 million, a slight decrease compared with $89.8 million in the third quarter of 2012.
News categories: Entropic, Gateway, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
India's InCablenet Deploys Entropic Set-Top Box System-on-a-Chip
Jan 16, 2013 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced that its set-top box system-on-a-chip, the CX2448x, has been deployed by Indian cable multi-system operator InCablenet. InCablenet serves 8.5 million cable-connected TV homes across India.
News categories: Entropic, InCablenet, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
SeaChange to Highlight Software for Multi-Screen Video Services at The Cable Show
May 15, 2012 – At The Cable Show, SeaChange (NASDAQ: SEAC) will demonstrate cloud-based solutions for expanding cable services to tablets, smartphones, PCs and other devices, and new innovations in multi-screen, advertising, and mobile device TV applications.
News categories: SeaChange, Advertising, Apps, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Middleware, Smart TV, Smartphone, TV Everywhere
- Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
- Accedo and Nreal bring streaming to lightweight AR glasses
- HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
- RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV
- Claro Box TV streaming in Colombia powered by Harmonic
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 68,000 in 3Q 2021
- Vodafone España provides real-time accurate EPG with Alpha Networks and MediaData TV
- Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats
- Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement
- C Spire to acquire Troy Cablevision
- Software Freedom Conservancy sues Vizio for GPL violations
- Altibox Android TV service goes live with 3SS and Technicolor
- Sunrise UPC launches yallo TV in Switzerland
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
- Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
- RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
- Disney+ coming to Hisense and Toshiba TVs with VIDAA Smart OS
- Tremor International acquires Spearad
- TekSavvy TV footprint expands across Canada
- Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product