Digital TV News: Chris Jo
Red Bee, Nowtilus and Equativ launch FAST channels on LG Smart TVs with High View
Sep 29, 2022 – Red Bee Media, Nowtilus and Equativ (formerly Smart) have announced the launch of a jointly created FAST offering. High View is the debut customer, distributing the content on LG Smart TVs through LG Channels.
News categories: Red Bee Media, High View, LG Electronics, Nowtilus, Equativ, Steve Nylund, Alexander Trauttmansdorff, Chris Jo, Austria, Digital TV, Germany, Smart TV, Streaming, Switzerland
LG replaces legacy Smart TV ACR with own proprietary solution
Sep 15, 2022 – LG Ads Solutions has announced the rollout of its proprietary ACR technology across LG TVs globally. The rollout will replace legacy technology across Europe, Africa, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Australia.
News categories: LG Ads, LG Electronics, Raghu Kodige, Chris Jo, Advertising, Africa, Asia, Australia, Big Data, Digital TV, Europe, Latin America, Smart TV
Discovery develops audience measurement for its Olympic Winter Games coverage
Feb 1, 2018 – As part of their preparations to deliver coverage of the Olympic Winter Games, Discovery and its sports brand Eurosport have developed a methodology to measure audience behavior across Europe. The metrics will capture data across free-to-air, pay TV, online and social platforms.
News categories: Discovery, Jean-Briac Perrette, Chris Jones, Thomas Bach, Big Data, Digital TV, Europe, Mobile
Industry forum formed to boost VR adoption
Jan 5, 2017 – At CES, 28 companies announced the Virtual Reality Industry Forum (VRIF), a not-for-profit company with its purpose stated as: “To further the widespread availability of high-quality audiovisual VR experiences, for the benefit of consumers.”
News categories: Virtual Reality Industry Forum, David Price, Chris Johns, CES2023, Digital TV, Metaverse, Worldwide
Digital TV Group launches the UK UHD Forum
Aug 1, 2013 – The Digital TV Group has announced the launch of the UK UHD Forum. The group will co-ordinate UK requirements to build a knowledge base for the future interoperability of Ultra HD, and will work hand-in-hand with FAME and other European standards organisations.
News categories: Digital TV Group, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UK
VUDU, Brightcove Partner to Deliver Ad Supported Content to Set Top Box
May 12, 2009 – VUDU Inc. and Brightcove have partnered to enable Brightcove customers to distribute their content directly to the living room television via VUDU. The first feature available will be the MyPlay application, which offers current Sony Music videos.
News categories: VUDU, Brightcove, Content Distribution, Set Top Box, Streaming
- Proximus adds personalized suggestions from Netflix to Pickx
- Ateme services available in AWS Marketplace
- BADR-6 satellite at 26°E out of action
- Tolka software to power first certified NEXTGEN TV upgrade accessory
- SeaChange powers 'VIDAA Free' ad-supported video streaming hub
- Kudelski Digital TV segment sales lower-than-expected in Q4 2022
- Streaming TV platform Atmosphere receives funding at $1bn valuation
- CTV and gaming to generate annual digital ad spend of £4bn in the UK by 2026
- Roku and DoorDash partner to offer on-demand delivery from the TV
- Magnite announces next generation CTV and OTT monetization platform
- Irdeto enhances software DRM to prevent content key extraction
- T-Mobile NL partners with Witbe to guarantee IPTV service quality
- Global semiconductor sales grew 3.2% in 2022 despite H2 slowdown
- Veset acquired by PLAY Japan
- Hisense no. 1 in TV shipments in December 2022
- LG adds Apple integrations to webOS Hub smart TV platform
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment