Digital TV News: Chris Jo
Red Bee, Nowtilus and Equativ launch FAST channels on LG Smart TVs with High View
Sep 29, 2022 – Red Bee Media, Nowtilus and Equativ (formerly Smart) have announced the launch of a jointly created FAST offering. High View is the debut customer, distributing the content on LG Smart TVs through LG Channels.
News categories: Red Bee Media, High View, LG Electronics, Nowtilus, Equativ, Steve Nylund, Alexander Trauttmansdorff, Chris Jo, Austria, Digital TV, Germany, Smart TV, Streaming, Switzerland
LG replaces legacy Smart TV ACR with own proprietary solution
Sep 15, 2022 – LG Ads Solutions has announced the rollout of its proprietary ACR technology across LG TVs globally. The rollout will replace legacy technology across Europe, Africa, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Australia.
News categories: LG Ads, LG Electronics, Raghu Kodige, Chris Jo, Advertising, Africa, Asia, Australia, Big Data, Digital TV, Europe, Latin America, Smart TV
Discovery develops audience measurement for its Olympic Winter Games coverage
Feb 1, 2018 – As part of their preparations to deliver coverage of the Olympic Winter Games, Discovery and its sports brand Eurosport have developed a methodology to measure audience behavior across Europe. The metrics will capture data across free-to-air, pay TV, online and social platforms.
News categories: Discovery, Jean-Briac Perrette, Chris Jones, Thomas Bach, Big Data, Digital TV, Europe, Mobile
Industry forum formed to boost VR adoption
Jan 5, 2017 – At CES, 28 companies announced the Virtual Reality Industry Forum (VRIF), a not-for-profit company with its purpose stated as: “To further the widespread availability of high-quality audiovisual VR experiences, for the benefit of consumers.”
News categories: Virtual Reality Industry Forum, David Price, Chris Johns, CES2023, Digital TV, Metaverse, Worldwide
Digital TV Group launches the UK UHD Forum
Aug 1, 2013 – The Digital TV Group has announced the launch of the UK UHD Forum. The group will co-ordinate UK requirements to build a knowledge base for the future interoperability of Ultra HD, and will work hand-in-hand with FAME and other European standards organisations.
News categories: Digital TV Group, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UK
VUDU, Brightcove Partner to Deliver Ad Supported Content to Set Top Box
May 12, 2009 – VUDU Inc. and Brightcove have partnered to enable Brightcove customers to distribute their content directly to the living room television via VUDU. The first feature available will be the MyPlay application, which offers current Sony Music videos.
News categories: VUDU, Brightcove, Content Distribution, Set Top Box, Streaming
- Set-top box market contraction will stabilize post-2024
- Red Bee, Nowtilus and Equativ launch FAST channels on LG Smart TVs with High View
- Pixalate releases H1 2022 CTV ad supply chain trends report
- Amazon upgrades Fire TV Cube and Alexa Voice Remote
- Metaverse device installed base to reach 100 million in 2024
- Smart speaker shipments exceeded 33 million in 2Q 2022
- iWedia to deliver Live TV app for Google TV and Android TV devices
- 35 million US internet households interested in cloud gaming subscription
- Japan SVOD revenue to grow at 10.1% CAGR during 2022-2027
- DAZN acquires Eleven Sports and Team Whistle
- Cignal TV enhances Cignal Play app with Quickplay
- UK entertainment and media companies hold their nerve despite economic headwinds
- TV5MONDE adds TV5MONDE Pacifique HD to its bouquet on AsiaSat 5
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Roanoke-Lynchburg
- TripleLift and Zype to bring in-show programmatic ads to CTV
- OpenAP announces interoperability with FreeWheel, Magnite and Xandr
- Sky Stream IP-only STB to launch in the UK on October 18th
- MultiChoice launches DStv Streama STB in South Africa
- Skytel expands video services in Mongolia with Mirada
- Report from the CTA explores gaming's post-pandemic popularity