Digital TV News: CinemaNow
Intel Brings 'Eye Candy' to Masses with Newest Laptop, PC Chips
Jan 5, 2011 – Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) has introduced its 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ processor family at CES 2011. New features include Intel® Insider™, Intel® Quick Sync Video, and a new version of the company's award-winning Intel® Wireless Display (WiDi).
News categories: Intel Corp, CES2023, ICs, Semiconductor, Streaming
Internet-Delivered Video Growth Continues to Drive Physical DVDs into Double-Digit Decline
Dec 13, 2010 – To replace retail DVD revenue losses, the online digital paid video download and streaming segment is expected to show high revenue growth. Annual revenue is forecast to grow from $2.3 billion to $6.3 billion within five years, says In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, Digital TV, DVD, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Samsung Reaches Smart TV Milestone with 1 Millionth TV App Downloaded Globally
Dec 2, 2010 – Samsung has announced the 1 millionth TV application downloaded globally from Samsung Apps, the world's first HDTV-based application store. The company's 200th TV application is now live via the platform.
News categories: Samsung, CES2023, Market Research, Middleware, Smart TV, Streaming
Best Buy Selects Widevine as a Preferred Provider for DRM and Adaptive Streaming
Aug 31, 2010 – Widevine has announced that Best Buy (NYSE: BBY) has chosen Widevine to be a preferred provider of adaptive streaming, virtual DVD controls and digital rights management (DRM) on Insignia connected devices.
News categories: Widevine, Best Buy, Blu-ray, Content Protection, DRM, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem Unveils UltraViolet™ Brand
Jul 20, 2010 – The Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem (DECE) has announced its consumer brand - UltraViolet™ - and logo. In addition, the consortium announced three additional new members bringing the total to nearly 60 member companies.
News categories: Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem, UltraViolet, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Gaming, IPTV, Media Player, Middleware, Mobile, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming
Widevine 4.4.4 Brings New Over-the-Top and TV Everywhere Features, Customers and Devices
Apr 21, 2010 – Widevine has announced the commercial availability of version 4.4.4 of its video optimization and digital rights management (DRM) platform for over-the-top and TV Everywhere services delivered to retail consumer electronics.
News categories: Widevine, Content Protection, DRM, Streaming
Sonic Solutions and DivX Bring Strategic Partnership to Mobile Devices
Feb 15, 2010 – Sonic Solutions® (Nasdaq: SNIC) and DivX (Nasdaq: DIVX) have announced at Mobile World Congress an expanded partnership to enable the digital distribution of an extensive catalogue of premium titles on DivX Certified® mobile devices.
News categories: DivX, Sonic Solutions, Middleware, Mobile, MWC22, Streaming, Tablet
Monsoon Multimedia Introduces Convergence Device with 4 Major Video Technologies
Jan 7, 2010 – Monsoon Multimedia has announced Volcano, its home video convergence device. Volcano incorporates time shifting, place shifting, internet video, and new functionalities that support streaming and recording video to smartphones, all in one box.
News categories: Monsoon Multimedia, CES2023, DVR, Mobile, Placeshifting, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Streaming
Toshiba Unveils Powerful CELL TV™ for the USA
Jan 6, 2010 – Toshiba has announced that the company has developed groundbreaking home entertainment technology and is introducing the ZX900 Series CELL TV™ into the U.S. market. CELL TV is the focal demonstration of Toshiba's 2010 CES exhibit.
News categories: Toshiba, Digital TV, DVR, Metaverse, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Streaming
- Xfinity Stream app launches on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD
- Tencent Video available in NetRange Smart TV app store
- Gibtelecom launches new TV platform with Netgem
- izzi adds anti-piracy and extended threat defense technologies from Verimatrix
- MEO deploys Velocix CDN and cloud-native VRM platforms
- AminoOS deployed to Vodafone Iceland’s legacy Samsung STBs
- Bhimavaram Community Network chooses Skyworth for 4K RDK IPTV set-tops
- Synaptics selects Allegro DVT VVC compliance streams
- NextGen TV launches in Shreveport, LA
- Sunrise deploys Media Distillery to enhance TV user experience
- Vewd brings in-vehicle streaming to Renesas R-Car automotive chipsets
- Omdia expects pay TV & online video subscriptions to pass 3 billion in 2027
- SeaChange Advanced Advertising Platform selected by Armstrong and BEAM
- U.S. streaming video consumers becoming more price sensitive
- SES-22 to launch on June 29th
- Euronews added to ZEASN's FAST service for smart TVs
- Orange to integrate DAZN sports in Spain
- BuyDRM to provide streaming security for Samsung TV Plus
- MEASAT-3d and GSAT-24 successfully placed into orbit
- Horizon Media to trial Comscore Local TV measurement data