Digital TV News: Cinemo
Cinemo shows digital media experiences in the vehicle and cloud
Jan 5, 2023 – Cinemo creates digital media experiences in the vehicle and cloud, placing media control firmly with the user. A new partnership with Telechips enables in-car VoD and multi-screen-usage for entry- to mid-level cars.
News categories: Cinemo, Telechips, Richard Lesser, Jangkyu Lee, CES2023, Content Distribution, Digital TV, In-Car, Middleware, Semiconductor, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
ProvenRun and Cinemo to show first Secure Media Path DRM implementation
Jan 3, 2022 – ProvenRun and Cinemo have announced a Secure Media Path Protection Profile implementation based on ProvenRun's secure OS compliant with the Trusted Execution Environment (TEE) Protection Profile and Cinemo's Widevine L1 Trusted Application (TA).
News categories: Cinemo, ProvenRun, CES2023, Content Protection, Digital TV, In-Car, Middleware, Streaming, Worldwide
Foxxum and Cinemo to bring CTV to in-vehicle infotainment systems
Dec 23, 2021 – Foxxum is collaborating with Cinemo, a global leader in automotive infotainment embedded solutions, to power a new In-Vehicle Infotainment (IVI) experience using Foxxum's software and customizable CTV solutions.
News categories: Foxxum, Cinemo, Ronny Lutzi, CES2023, Digital TV, In-Car, Streaming, Worldwide
3SS and Cinemo enable in-car entertainment experiences
Dec 20, 2021 – 3SS and Cinemo have announced a technology collaboration to bring entertainment to cars. Their combined solution brings super-aggregation to the car, with passengers able to access a rich array of pre-integrated third-party content and apps.
News categories: 3SS, Cinemo, Tomasz Dzikowski, Pierre Donath, Robert Dube, CES2023, Digital TV, In-Car, Middleware, Streaming, Worldwide
Cinemo and iQIYI bring online video entertainment to cars
Mar 29, 2021 – Cinemo has announced a collaboration with iQIYI to deliver premium VOD content to the car. iQIYI has worked with Cinemo to enhance in-car entertainment on Faurecia Xiamen IVI platforms, powering FAW Hongqi sedans.
News categories: Cinemo, iQIYI, Charly Lippoth, China, Digital TV, In-Car, Streaming
SKY Fiber launches new speed plans and the Philippines' first all-in box
Sep 4, 2019 – SKY Fiber has announced an All-In Box to go with its new Super Speed broadband plans. The first of its kind in the Philippines, the device combines the power of a WiFi-enabled modem, digital terrestrial TV, and cable TV modem for total entertainment.
News categories: SKY Cable, Cable TV, Digital TV, Fibre, Philippines, Set Top Box
Cinemo, ST and Valens demo Connected Car Infotainment at CES2018
Jan 9, 2018 – At CES 2018, Cinemo, STMicroelectronics, and Valens are demonstrating an in-vehicle infotainment system powered by Cinemo's media distribution system and enabled by Valens' HDBaseT technology running on ST's infotainment and telematics processors.
News categories: Cinemo, STMicroelectronics, Valens, Elif Ede, Fabio Marchio, Micha Risling, CES2023, Digital TV, In-Car, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Worldwide
Parrot Faurecia supplies European car maker with in-car TV reception
Jul 11, 2017 – Parrot Faurecia Automotive has announced that its Media Center solution has been selected by a European car maker as a line-fit option. The Media Center entered mass production in early 2017 for the European, Chinese, Japanese, Taiwanese and Korean markets.
News categories: Parrot Faurecia, Jean-Luc Tété, Digital TV, Europe, In-Car, Terrestrial
Two million TVplus units shipped by ABS-CBN
Dec 5, 2016 – ABS-CBN has surpassed its year-end target of selling two million units for its digital television product ABS-CBN TVplus as of November. The development comes only three months after the company hit 1.6 million units.
News categories: ABS-CBN, Carlo Katigbak, Chinky Alcedo, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Market Research, Philippines, Set Top Box
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership