Digital TV News: Cinemo
Cinemo and iQIYI bring online video entertainment to cars
Mar 29, 2021 – Cinemo has announced a collaboration with iQIYI to deliver premium VOD content to the car. iQIYI has worked with Cinemo to enhance in-car entertainment on Faurecia Xiamen IVI platforms, powering FAW Hongqi sedans.
News categories: Cinemo, iQIYI, Charly Lippoth, China, Digital TV, In-Car, Streaming
SKY Fiber launches new speed plans and the Philippines' first all-in box
Sep 4, 2019 – SKY Fiber has announced an All-In Box to go with its new Super Speed broadband plans. The first of its kind in the Philippines, the device combines the power of a WiFi-enabled modem, digital terrestrial TV, and cable TV modem for total entertainment.
News categories: SKY Cable, Cable TV, Digital TV, Fibre, Philippines, Set Top Box
Cinemo, ST and Valens demo Connected Car Infotainment at CES2018
Jan 9, 2018 – At CES 2018, Cinemo, STMicroelectronics, and Valens are demonstrating an in-vehicle infotainment system powered by Cinemo's media distribution system and enabled by Valens' HDBaseT technology running on ST's infotainment and telematics processors.
News categories: Cinemo, STMicroelectronics, Valens, Elif Ede, Fabio Marchio, Micha Risling, CES2022, Digital TV, In-Car, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Worldwide
Parrot Faurecia supplies European car maker with in-car TV reception
Jul 11, 2017 – Parrot Faurecia Automotive has announced that its Media Center solution has been selected by a European car maker as a line-fit option. The Media Center entered mass production in early 2017 for the European, Chinese, Japanese, Taiwanese and Korean markets.
News categories: Parrot Faurecia, Jean-Luc Tété, Digital TV, Europe, In-Car, Terrestrial
Two million TVplus units shipped by ABS-CBN
Dec 5, 2016 – ABS-CBN has surpassed its year-end target of selling two million units for its digital television product ABS-CBN TVplus as of November. The development comes only three months after the company hit 1.6 million units.
News categories: ABS-CBN, Carlo Katigbak, Chinky Alcedo, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Market Research, Philippines, Set Top Box
VRrOOm launches world’s first global VR cinema network at BIRTV
Aug 26, 2016 – The first VRrOOm Sanctum theatres will be installed inside traditional cinemas this fall in Beijing and Shanghai thanks to an exclusive partnership sealed with Chinese film industry leader China Film Group’s affiliated company CFEC.
News categories: VRrOOm, Louis Cacciuttolo, China, France, VR
- Kineton and SmarDTV demonstrate OpApp & CAM at 9th HbbTV Symposium
- Irdeto launches CAM-based HbbTV OpApp solution
- South African government provides update on analogue switch-off
- Nielsen to enhance TV measurement with individual commercial metrics
- DVB releases first 8K UHD video delivery specifications
- TV shipments expected to undergo 12.4% YoY decline in 2H 2021
- Megacable selects STB management solution from Axiros
- Orange Belgium in negotiations with Nethys to acquire 75% of VOO SA
- One million Android TV Operator Tier deployments for Mirada
- MediaTek 8K TV SoC first in 7-nanometer at TSMC
- In-person IBC 2021 cancelled
- CommScope selected to provide Foxtel's iQ5 streaming STB
- Vestel migrates Smart TVs to EPG metadata from Simply.TV
- Prime Video now available to Movistar+ customers
- Crackle Plus improves content discoverability with Gracenote
- MediaTek launches Pentonic smart TV family with 8K 120Hz IC
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost around 650,000 subscribers in 3Q 2021
- 24i powers launch of Cinessance in North America
- Broadpeak cancels in-person participation at IBC
- M3 selects XroadMedia for personalized OTT service in Russia