Digital TV News: Colin Prior
Freeview Australia MHEG EPG goes live with S&T and Magna Systems
Jul 1, 2010 – S&T and Magna Systems have announced that the Freeview Australia EPG is a customised version of S&T's MHEG Guide product and will be available on all 'Freeview EPG' branded receivers that go on sale in Australia from July 2010.
News categories: S&T, Magna Systems, Freeview Australia, Australia, Digital TV, DVR, MHEG-5, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Strategy & Technology launches S&T Player and Mediator for VOD and Catch-up TV
Apr 11, 2010 – Strategy & Technology (S&T) will launch S&T Player and Mediator, for Video on Demand (VoD) and Catch-up TV services, at NAB 2010. The S&T Player is a data-driven VoD application for MHEG-enabled integrated digital TVs (iDTVs) or set-top boxes.
News categories: Strategy & Technology, MHEG-5, Middleware, NABShow, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV
TechniSat MultyText® for interactive digital television
Sep 4, 2009 – TechniSat, in cooperation with the German Weather Service and Strategy & Technology (S&T) presented the TechniSat Germany & Regional weather service - the first MHEG-5 application in Germany - at this year's IFA show in Berlin.
News categories: TechniSat, S&T, Digital TV, Germany, IFA2020, MHEG-5, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Collaboration Brings VoD to Standard TV Receivers without Set-Top Boxes
Mar 12, 2009 – TANDBERG Television (NASDAQ:ERIC), Sony (Tokyo: 6758; NYSE: SNE), Neotion and S&T have combined their expertise to deliver a VoD solution that enables cable operators to deliver services and adverts direct to the TV, without a set-top box (STB).
News categories: Neotion, Sony, TANDBERG Television, S&T, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Freeview|HD Launches in New Zealand with S&T MHEG-5 Technology
Apr 14, 2008 – Strategy & Technology (S&T) has extended its relationship with Freeview New Zealand. S&T's MHEG-5 interactive playout technology has been exclusively deployed for the launch of the new DTT/HD version of the service Freeview|HD™.
News categories: Strategy & Technology, Freeview, Digital TV, MHEG-5, Middleware, New Zealand, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Digicable India selects complete S&T MHEG-5 solution for new network
Feb 22, 2008 – Strategy & Technology has announced that Digicable Network (India) has selected MHEG-5 technology from the company to create a complete end-to-end interactive TV solution.
News categories: S&T, Digicable, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, MHEG-5, Middleware, Set Top Box
New Zealand Freeview launches with MHEG-5 Technology from S&T
Jun 19, 2007 – Strategy & Technology (S&T), specialists in interactive TV playout systems and MHEG-5 middleware, is pleased to confirm the successful launch of its EPG application on the new Freeview digital satellite service in New Zealand.
News categories: S&T, Freeview NZ, Broadcasting, Digital TV, MHEG-5, Middleware, New Zealand, Satellite
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica
- KDDI selects VisualOn media player for au Smart Pass
- PMG and American Tower partner to accelerate ATSC 3.0 SFN deployment
- Eurofins updates testing services for CI Plus 2.0
- Eutelsat 8 West B selected by Strong Roots for Ethiopian FTA DTH
- Yes partners with Synamedia to achieve broadcast-equivalent latency
- Seven broadcasters launch NEXTGEN TV in Portland, OR
- Global TV panel shipments decline 8.4% YoY in 1H20
- Linear TV remains dominant form of television viewership in 2019
- ACCESS adds NetRange App Store to its in-vehicle infotainment offer
- iSpot provides attribution and OTT measurement for OpenAP ads
- Humax announces Android TV STB supporting AV1 and HDR10
- Kaltura to power CETIN's wholesale Cloud TV service for the CEE region