Digital TV News: Colin Prior
Freeview Australia MHEG EPG goes live with S&T and Magna Systems
Jul 1, 2010 – S&T and Magna Systems have announced that the Freeview Australia EPG is a customised version of S&T's MHEG Guide product and will be available on all 'Freeview EPG' branded receivers that go on sale in Australia from July 2010.
News categories: S&T, Magna Systems, Freeview Australia, Australia, Digital TV, DVR, MHEG-5, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Strategy & Technology launches S&T Player and Mediator for VOD and Catch-up TV
Apr 11, 2010 – Strategy & Technology (S&T) will launch S&T Player and Mediator, for Video on Demand (VoD) and Catch-up TV services, at NAB 2010. The S&T Player is a data-driven VoD application for MHEG-enabled integrated digital TVs (iDTVs) or set-top boxes.
News categories: Strategy & Technology, MHEG-5, Middleware, NABShow, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV
TechniSat MultyText® for interactive digital television
Sep 4, 2009 – TechniSat, in cooperation with the German Weather Service and Strategy & Technology (S&T) presented the TechniSat Germany & Regional weather service - the first MHEG-5 application in Germany - at this year's IFA show in Berlin.
News categories: TechniSat, S&T, Digital TV, Germany, IFA2019, MHEG-5, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Collaboration Brings VoD to Standard TV Receivers without Set-Top Boxes
Mar 12, 2009 – TANDBERG Television (NASDAQ:ERIC), Sony (Tokyo: 6758; NYSE: SNE), Neotion and S&T have combined their expertise to deliver a VoD solution that enables cable operators to deliver services and adverts direct to the TV, without a set-top box (STB).
News categories: Neotion, Sony, TANDBERG Television, S&T, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Freeview|HD Launches in New Zealand with S&T MHEG-5 Technology
Apr 14, 2008 – Strategy & Technology (S&T) has extended its relationship with Freeview New Zealand. S&T's MHEG-5 interactive playout technology has been exclusively deployed for the launch of the new DTT/HD version of the service Freeview|HD™.
News categories: Strategy & Technology, Freeview, Digital TV, MHEG-5, Middleware, New Zealand, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Digicable India selects complete S&T MHEG-5 solution for new network
Feb 22, 2008 – Strategy & Technology has announced that Digicable Network (India) has selected MHEG-5 technology from the company to create a complete end-to-end interactive TV solution.
News categories: S&T, Digicable, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, MHEG-5, Middleware, Set Top Box
New Zealand Freeview launches with MHEG-5 Technology from S&T
Jun 19, 2007 – Strategy & Technology (S&T), specialists in interactive TV playout systems and MHEG-5 middleware, is pleased to confirm the successful launch of its EPG application on the new Freeview digital satellite service in New Zealand.
News categories: S&T, Freeview NZ, Broadcasting, Digital TV, MHEG-5, Middleware, New Zealand, Satellite
- Contentos integrates Theta Network decentralized video delivery for COS.tv
- SeaChange selected by Midco to monetize video streaming service
- Apptopia and Braze release state of streaming industry report
- Edge Networks announces 'Evoca' ATSC 3.0 pay TV service
- Allegro DVT releases AL-D21x video decoder IP family with AV1 support
- Nielsen and Sinclair Broadcast announce multi-year renewal
- Verimatrix introduces DRM for video protection between devices
- Deltatre unveils SaaS platform for real-time, data-driven UX decisions
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- FCC proposed rule change to support ATSC 3.0 distributed transmission
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Velocix introduces CDN software for 5G video streaming
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation