Digital TV News: CommScope
Evoca selects CommScope for Android TV ATSC 3.0 set-tops
Aug 25, 2021 – CommScope has been selected by Evoca to provide its subscribers with the latest generation of set-top solutions powered by Android TV with integrated dual multimode ATSC 3.0 and ATSC 1.0 tuners.
News categories: CommScope, Evoca, Ken Haase, Todd Achilles, Android TV, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
CommScope develops 4K UHD STB for Orange Slovensko
Aug 25, 2021 – CommScope has partnered with Orange Slovensko to provide their subscribers with the latest generation of set tops powered by Android TV, designed to provide both live TV and premium streaming services.
News categories: CommScope, Orange, Phil Cardy, Júlia Piovarči, Android TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Slovakia
U.S. STB initiative saves consumers $2 billion in energy costs
Aug 23, 2021 – An agreement between the pay TV industry and energy efficiency advocates, led by the CTA, NCTA and CableLabs, has cut energy usage of STBs by more than half in the U.S., since it was established eight years ago.
News categories: NCTA, Consumer Technology Association, Neal Goldberg, Doug Johnson, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA
Freesat 4K STB receives EICS certification with DTG Testing
Jul 22, 2021 – Freesat has become the latest company to have satellite receivers pass the European-wide assurance scheme for TV and Satellite distribution equipment known as the European IRS Certification Scheme (EICS).
News categories: DTG Testing, Freesat, CAI, Digital TV, QoE, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK
View TV Group selects CommScope advertising technology
Jun 21, 2021 – CommScope has announced that View TV Group has selected CommScope's manifest manipulation software to strengthen its broadcast CDN solution with additional dynamic ad insertion functionality.
News categories: CommScope, View TV Group, Morgan Kurk, Dr. Jamie Branson, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Altice's a4 deploys CommScope video advertising solution
May 13, 2021 – CommScope has announced that a4 has deployed its Video Advertising Solutions to deliver geographic and addressable advertising across a4's video footprint, including both QAM-based and IP video services.
News categories: CommScope, a4, Morgan Kurk, Stephen Douglas, Advertising, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
CommScope to spin-off Home Networks business
Apr 8, 2021 – CommScope (NASDAQ: COMM) has announced a plan to spin-off its Home Networks business. The separation is intended to be executed through a spin-off to CommScope shareholders of a new independent publicly traded company.
News categories: CommScope, Chuck Treadway, Joe Chow, CPE, Digital TV, MandA, Set Top Box, Worldwide
CTA and NCTA extend STB energy efficiency agreement to 2025
Apr 6, 2021 – The Consumer Technology Association (CTA) and NCTA have announced an extension through 2025 of the Voluntary Agreement for Ongoing Improvement to the Energy Efficiency of Set-Top Boxes.
News categories: NCTA, Consumer Technology Association, Neal Goldberg, Doug Johnson, Noah Horowitz, Jennifer Amann, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
MediaKind launches Mediaroom Play UX for Android TV STBs
Dec 16, 2020 – MediaKind has announced the launch of Mediaroom Play, a software client for STBs powered by Android TV. The pre-integrated solution is built on CommScope’s VIP7802 box, and includes support for multiple streaming apps.
News categories: MediaKind, Raul Aldrey, Android TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
- Vewd enables video calling and targeted advertising on the TV
- Rakuten and Telefónica launch event booking app on Movistar+ TV
- C&W Panamá to acquire América Móvil's Panama operations
- Actus Digital to show optimized OTA and OTT monitoring at NAB Amplify
- netplus.ch selects Agama for network monitoring and analytics
- FTTH deployment progressing at a rapid pace in Europe
- Ad Insertion Platform integrates Zixi for targeted ad delivery
- Città Telecom selects SmartLabs for OTT provision
- NAB Show 2021 cancelled as an in person event
- Whip Media partners with Simply.TV for TV metadata
- Record-breaking U.S. movie and TV viewership continued in 1H 2021
- NEXTGEN TV launched in Cincinnati, OH
- Accedo adds support for multiple DRMs to its Marketplace
- Amagi adds FAST channels to Rakuten TV line-up
- Telefónica securely signs Proteus STB software images with Fastcom
- ZEE5 harnesses customer data insights with CSG
- Over 50% of U.S. households now combine a Big 3 SVOD service with at least one other
- SeaChange powers streaming and adtech for Popcornflix app
- Vubiquity renews content licensing and processing deal with izzi
- Credersi selected to provide global training to RDK community