Digital TV News: CommScope
Canadian program drives energy efficiency of new set-top boxes
Sep 21, 2022 – Since the Canadian Energy Efficiency Voluntary Agreement (CEEVA) for Set-Top Boxes launched in 2017, the average energy consumption of new STBs has dropped by 58%, from 116.2 kWh/yr to 48.5 kWh/yr, according to a report.
News categories: CEEVA, NRCan, Fahd Aman, Drew Leyburne, Canada, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box
CommScope launches HomeVista pre-integrated video solution
Sep 19, 2022 – CommScope (NASDAQ: COMM) has announced the launch of HomeVista solutions, a portfolio that leverages the technologies of Android TV and RDK to simplify and accelerate the introduction of video services.
News categories: CommScope, Joe Chow, Android TV, CableTecExpo, Digital TV, RDK, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Irdeto enables platform reusability and scalability for super aggregators
Sep 9, 2022 – Irdeto has announced a solution for the deployment of OTT and hybrid video platforms, leveraging its reusable Irdeto reference broadcast stack integrated with its Android TV Hybrid stack or RDK Video Accelerator.
News categories: Irdeto, Shane McCarthy, Android TV, Digital TV, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Vewd acquired by Xperi
Jul 5, 2022 – Xperi (NASDAQ: XPER) has acquired Vewd Software for $109 million. The acquisition establishes Xperi as a leading independent streaming media platform through its TiVo brand and the largest independent provider of Smart TV middleware globally.
News categories: Xperi, Vewd, Jon Kirchner, Aneesh Rajaram, Digital TV, MandA, Middleware, Smart TV, TV OS, UX, Worldwide
Telenor Sverige selects CommScope set -top powered by Android TV
Jun 2, 2022 – CommScope has partnered with Telenor Sverige to provide its customers with the VIP5702W set top powered by Android TV. The VIP5702W delivers 4K video and comes with dual-band Wi-Fi for flexible deployment in Telenor's networks.
News categories: CommScope, Telenor, 24i, Phil Cardy, Hanna Idstam, Joachim Bergman, Android TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Sweden, UX
Commscope to build Orange TV Box 4K set-tops for Moldova
Apr 28, 2022 – CommScope has partnered with Orange Moldova to provide set top boxes powered by Android TV. With the launch of the Orange TV Box 4K, Orange Moldova will offer subscribers a hybrid DVB-C 4K UHD digital video decoder.
News categories: CommScope, Orange, Anthony Zuyderhoff, Olga Surugiu, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Moldova, Set Top Box
Orange Belgium to deploy Android TV STBs from CommScope
Apr 5, 2022 – CommScope has partnered with Orange Belgium to provide its subscribers with set top boxes powered by Android TV. The 4K UHD decoder provides access to streaming apps, cloud recording, and has Chromecast built in.
News categories: CommScope, Orange, Phil Cardy, Thomas Parvais, Android TV, Belgium, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box
TELUS to deploy CommScope service management platform
Mar 29, 2022 – CommScope will provide TELUS with its cloud-based ECO Service Management Platform to manage the service providers's connected home CPE. The platform automates the management and control of CommScope and third-party CPE devices.
News categories: CommScope, TELUS, Charles Cheevers, Tim Fell, Canada, CPE, Digital TV, IPTV, QoE
CommScope postpones plan to spin-off Home Networks division
Feb 17, 2022 – In light of the ongoing impact of supply chain pressures on the Home Networks business, CommScope (NASDAQ: COMM) has decided that market conditions are not currently conducive to proceeding with the planned spin-off of Home Networks into an independent company.
News categories: CommScope, Chuck Treadway, CPE, Digital TV, Results, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- Bedrock migrates Videoland streaming subscribers to its latest platform
- Pixalate lists top CTV apps for October 2022
- El Financiero Bloomberg TV develops streaming app with TVCoins
- Garmin receives 2022 BMW Group Supplier Innovation Award
- In Sweden ad-supported video leads in weekly reach
- Accedo powers Janson Media direct-to-consumer streaming service
- Hisense second in global TV shipments
- DAZN now available on Foxxum CTV OS
- Amagi acquires Streamwise
- MyTV Super selects Witbe for production monitoring
- Better Software Group and Red Bee Media power Nordisk Film+
- Broadpeak simplifies content replacement at video service providers
- Hybrid AVOD-SVOD tiers to boost global AVOD revenues
- 12.5m consumer VR headsets to be sold in 2022
- U.S. TV usage rose again in October
- Samsung expands game streaming to more devices
- 83% of US internet households subscribe to at least one OTT service
- OMG first to integrate with TelevisaUnivision's household data graph
- SABC launches SABC+ streaming service
- VlogBox provides CTV content for Pzaz TV