Digital TV News: DISH
In Sweden ad-supported video leads in weekly reach
Nov 24, 2022 – According to Mediavision's analysis of the Swedish streaming market, advertising financed free services are now the biggest category in terms of weekly reach, mainly driven by the social media platforms.
News categories: Mediavision, Marie Nilsson, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Sweden
Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 785,000 subscribers in 3Q 2022
Nov 14, 2022 – Leichtman Research Group (LRG) has found that the largest pay-TV providers in the U.S. lost about 785,000 net video subscribers in 3Q 2022, compared to a pro forma net loss of 650,000 in 3Q 2021.
News categories: Leichtman Research, Bruce Leichtman, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
Dish TV and SEI present smart solutions at Android TV APAC Summit
Jan 8, 2022 – Dish TV has moved to Android TV for its STBs and plans to expand its IoT business based on the platform. With this in mind, SEI Robotics provided a solution combining Android TV, the Google Cloud Platform and ecosystem partner technology.
News categories: SEI Robotics, Dish TV India, Jeff Yin, Sunil Kumar, Android TV, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Dish TV India launches one-stop OTT entertainment platform
Oct 31, 2022 – Dish TV's Watcho offers packages of the most popular OTT platforms - Disney+ Hotstar, Zee5, Sony LIV, Lionsgate Play, Hungama Play, HoiChoi, Klikk, EpicOn, Chaupal, and Oho Gujarati - via a single login and subscription model.
News categories: Watcho, Dish TV India, Sukhpreet Singh, Anil Dua, Digital TV, India, Streaming
DISH Network pay TV subscribers up 30,000 in 3Q 2022
Nov 2, 2022 – DISH Network (NASDAQ: DISH) has reported results for the quarter ending September 30, 2022. Net pay-TV subscribers increased 30,000 in the quarter, compared to a net decrease of 13,000 in the year-ago quarter.
News categories: DISH Network, Digital TV, Results, Satellite, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
Yahoo partnership with DIRECTV Advertising expands to include STB data
Oct 17, 2022 – Yahoo has announced an expansion of its partnership with DIRECTV Advertising to include set-top box (STB) data. Yahoo is the only omnichannel DSP to have access to DIRECTV Advertising's STB data.
News categories: Yahoo, DIRECTV Advertising, Elizabeth Herbst-Brady, Amy Leifer, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA
Ateme headend powers Ooredoo TV
Oct 13, 2022 – Ooredoo has gone live with an IPTV/OTT converged headend powered by Ateme TITAN encoders. Ooredoo delivers mobile, broadband and corporate services in the Middle East, North Africa and SE Asia.
News categories: Ateme, Ooredoo, Rajesh Jagadish, Saoud Al-Shammeri, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Indonesia, IPTV, Middle-East, The Maldives
Sky Stream IP-only STB to launch in the UK on October 18th
Sep 27, 2022 – Sky has announced the launch of Sky Stream, providing entertainment streamed to any TV over Wi-Fi, with no dish or installation required. Sky Stream brings the Sky Glass UI and experience to more people.
News categories: Sky, Stephen van Rooyen, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, UK
MultiChoice launches DStv Streama STB in South Africa
Sep 22, 2022 – MultiChoice is launching its streaming box, DStv Streama, on October 1st. The box delivers content from DStv, and other streaming services, such as Showmax, Netflix, Disney+, Prime Video and YouTube, via an internet connection.
News categories: Multichoice, Nyiko Shiburi, Digital TV, Set Top Box, South Africa, Streaming
- Smart TV shipments in India up 38% YoY in Q3 2022
- VR device shipments to bounce back in 2023
- Seven Network partners with Imagine Communications
- Fixed Wireless Access forecast to top 300 million connections in six years
- Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire
- U.S. consumers watch over six hours of video per week on their mobiles
- Semiconductor market expected to decline slightly in 2023
- 6G-Datacast.tv offers datacasting protocol for ATSC 3.0
- Bedrock powers RTL streaming service in Hungary
- KONKA plans GCC region expansion
- Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
- Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue to fall 3.6% in 2023
- Mediaroom Play powers streaming experiences for more viewers in Canada
- DAZN and Irdeto fight piracy in premium sports
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $243 billion in 2028
- VEON to sell Russian operations to their management
- MASMEDIA TV selects StreamVX energy-efficient encoding
- Regional versions of BBC One HD to roll out in England by Spring 2023
- New TV apps for TF1 and RTBF powered by Dotscreen