Digital TV News: DVB Project
DVB publishes updated Multicast ABR specification and guidelines
Mar 15, 2023 – The DVB has approved the publication of BlueBook A176r3, an update of the DVB-MABR specification, and BlueBook A181r1, an update to the implementation guidelines for the specification.
News categories: DVB Project, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Streaming, Worldwide
First results of German DVB-I Pilot to be shown at IBC 2022
Sep 7, 2022 – Stakeholders from the media industry, including broadcasters, device manufacturers, software providers and research companies have announced the start of the 'German DVB-I Pilot'.
News categories: DVB Project, DVB-I, Remo Vogel, Broadcast, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, IBC2022, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
DVB adds AVS3 codec to core specification
Jul 7, 2022 – The DVB Project has added AVS3 to its core specification for coding in broadcast and broadband applications - the first time DVB has added a codec from China’s AVS Workgroup. An update to the DVB-DASH specification has also been approved.
News categories: DVB Project, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming
5G-MAG joins forces with DVB on the future of TV over 5G
Jan 20, 2022 – The formal liaison agreement between the two organizations to create a Joint Task Force (JTF) will allow DVB and 5G-MAG members to move forward quickly with activities related to the combination of 5G systems with DVB solutions.
News categories: 5G-MAG, DVB Project, Antonio Arcidiacono, 5G, Digital TV, Worldwide
DVB releases first 8K UHD video delivery specifications
Nov 24, 2021 – DVB has approved specification updates that introduce capabilities to deliver 8K UHD video services. The updates, extending existing support for the HEVC codec, are the first in a series of additions planned for the DVB video coding specifications.
News categories: DVB Project, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
Sofia Digital working on a central service list registry for DVB-I
Sep 22, 2021 – Sofia Digital, in co-operation with the DVB Project, is working on a project to create a central service list registry (CSR) to help speed up adoption and applicability of the DVB-I standard.
News categories: Sofia Digital, DVB Project, DVB-I, Digital TV, IBC2022, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
DVB approves commercial requirements for DVB-I over 5G
Jul 23, 2021 – The DVB Project has approved commercial requirements for DVB-I service support over 5G networks and systems. Work has already commenced in DVB's Technical Module to provide extensions to the relevant existing specifications.
News categories: DVB Project, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
HbbTV releases Targeted Advertising specification for TV sets in STB markets
Jul 20, 2021 – The HbbTV Association has published its second phase solution for targeted advertising. This enables substitution of broadcast with targeted ads when the broadcast signal is received by an STB and passed to an TV.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Vincent Grive, Digital TV, HbbTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
DVB approves commercial requirements for next gen. video codecs
Jul 1, 2021 – The DVB Project has endorsed commercial requirements for next generation video codecs to pave the way for advanced 4K and 8K services. Work will now commence to investigate the technical compliance of candidate codecs.
News categories: DVB Project, Peter MacAvock, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution
- SAPEC to develop encoder for first live 8K DTT broadcast
- Big Media launches The New Frontier channel with VlogBox
- Bedrock expands 6play max availability to more connected devices
- Slower AR/VR headset shipment growth expected for 2023
- Netgem completes sale of Fibre France business to Nordnet
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania