Digital TV News: DVB Project
DVB releases free Reference Client for DVB-I services
Apr 22, 2020 – DVB has announced that an open source reference client for DVB-I is now available. Developed in collaboration with Sofia Digital, the reference client and related materials are released under the open source MIT license.
News categories: DVB Project, Sofia Digital, Emily Dubs, Mika Kanerva, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
DVB Targeted Advertising spec published
Nov 26, 2019 – DVB BlueBook A178-1 "Dynamic substitution of content in linear broadcast: interfacing an advert decisioning service and optimal preparation" is now available for download. It was approved at the recent meeting of DVB's Steering Board.
News categories: DVB Project, Advertising, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
DVB approves DVB-I specification
Nov 13, 2019 – DVB has announced the approval of its DVB-I specification by the DVB Steering Board. The DVB-I specification aims to ensure that linear television delivered over the internet is as user-friendly and robust as a traditional broadcast TV experience.
News categories: DVB Project, Peter MacAvock, Digital TV, Europe, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
DVB issues RfP for reference DVB-I app for Android and HbbTV
News categories: DVB Project, Android TV, Digital TV, HbbTV, HTML5, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV
DVB to showcase DVB-I at IBC 2019
Sep 10, 2019 – DVB has announced that at IBC it will present the world's first demonstration of linear TV services using the DVB-I solution, which relies on internet-based access and streaming mechanisms alongside classical broadcasting techniques.
News categories: DVB Project, Peter MacAvock, Peter Siebert, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
DVB adds HDR Dynamic Mapping to its AV coding specifications
Jul 10, 2019 – DVB has announced a revision to its specification for the use of video and audio coding in broadcast and broadband applications to include solutions for HDR Dynamic Mapping (DM). The solutions allow a receiver to adapt an HDR video signal to the characteristics of the display.
News categories: DVB Project, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Smart TV, Worldwide
DVB to demo DVB-I advanced OTT delivery and deployment readiness at IBC
Jul 2, 2019 – At IBC2019, DVB will demonstrate how it is enabling an open standards-based approach to OTT and broadband television through its new DVB-I suite of specifications, highlighting support for low latency, enhanced service discovery, and mABR.
News categories: DVB Project, Peter MacAvock, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
Sisvel to provide patent pool for DVB-SIS
Apr 23, 2019 – DVB has announced that the companies that took part in its process to create a licensing program for patents essential to DVB-SIS have chosen Sisvel to manage the formation of the patent pool.
News categories: DVB Project, Sisvel, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Patent, Satellite, Terrestrial, Worldwide
DVB and HbbTV release DASH validation tool
Nov 12, 2018 – DVB has collaborated with the HbbTV Association to create a DASH validation tool. The tool checks ISO/IEC 23009-1 MPEG-DASH media presentation descriptions (MPDs) and segments to ensure conformance with DASH-related specifications from DVB and HbbTV.
News categories: DVB Project, HbbTV Association, Peter MacAvock, Vincent Grivet, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Worldwide
- NEXTGEN TV launches on six local TV stations in Mobile-Pensacola
- Comscore ad marketplace for Connected TV goes global
- Foxtel selects TiVo to power voice search
- Applicaster technology stack accelerates video app development
- AT&T U.S. down 627k; Vrio up 229k video subs in 3Q 2020
- Q1-Q3 2020 Smart TV sales up 14% in Germany
- Technicolor teams with Google to promote hybrid Android TV devices
- BitRouter releases ATSC3pro receiver software update
- Deutsche TV-Plattform launches CI+ 2.0 initiative
- Ultra HD Forum updates Guidelines and plans watermarking API
- WarnerMedia RIDE streaming comes to AT&T-connected GM vehicles
- U.S. has close to 300 OTT video services
- ENENSYS ATSC 3.0 solution deployed by SEI and VSatcast
- Sinclair acquires two TV stations in Washington, DC
- FreeWheel releases H1 2020 U.S. Video Marketplace Report
- Eutelsat selected by Kabelio for new Swiss HD platform
- RCN, Grande and Wave launch TiVo Stream 4K
- Nielsen to measure CTV campaigns on YouTube & YouTube TV
- Tata Elxsi selected as certified 3PL partner for Google Widevine
- 58 million U.S. broadband households to be MVPD-free by 2025