Digital TV News: Damien Lucas
Canal+ delivers low-latency streaming on Apple TV with ATEME
Jan 11, 2022 – Canal+ has launched OTT low-latency streaming on Apple TV 4K thanks to ATEME's NEA solution. Canal+ subscribers are now able to watch sports in HD through the myCANAL app with almost no delay compared to broadcast delivery.
News categories: ATEME, Canal+, Damien Lucas, Philippe Rivas, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, Streaming
ATEME powers new TV+ service from Viya in the US Virgin Islands
Feb 4, 2021 – ATEME has announced that its multiplatform video-delivery solution has gone live on ATN International’s Viya, the largest telecommunications and entertainment service provider in the US Virgin Islands.
News categories: ATEME, Viya, Caribbean, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming
Anevia works with Intel to optimise video encoder performance
Sep 5, 2019 – Thanks to Intel's technology using an instruction set developed for artificial intelligence, the Anevia Genova encoder can now enable 20% more channels at the same CPU frequency – meaning OTT service providers can offer more services at the same cost.
News categories: Anevia, Intel Corp, Damien Lucas, Jérôme Blanc, Lynn Comp, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Streaming
Anevia adds full Dynamic Ad Insertion to its OTT offer
Jul 31, 2019 – Anevia has announced the launch of its Dynamic Ad Insertion solution. Anevia’s OTT video-delivery offering already included ad-enabling and ad-preparation. With the addition of ad-stitching and ad-routing, the offering is now a complete, pre-integrated DAI solution.
News categories: Anevia, Laurent Lafarge, Damien Lucas, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Anevia selected by INEA for multi-screen TV on ADB's platform
Apr 24, 2019 – Anevia has announced that it has been selected by INEA to roll out multi-screen TV services to INEA’s customers in Poland. The solution combines Anevia's software video-delivery platform with the graphyne2 service delivery platform from ADB.
News categories: Anevia, INEA, ADB, Damien Lucas, Michał Bartkowiak, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Poland, TV Everywhere, UX
CNI, Minerva and Anevia enable ultra low-latency OTT streaming
Apr 5, 2019 – CNI, Minerva and Anevia have announced that Minerva's YourTV Now, powered by CNI's video headend, now offers low-latency streaming. Anevia’s low-latency video processing removes the lag, typically in the 15-20 second range, between broadcast TV and live streaming.
News categories: Anevia, Minerva, Com Net, Inc, Damien Lucas, Jean-Georges Fritsch, Randall Plaisier, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, Worldwide
Anevia and Viaccess-Orca provide ultra-low latency live streaming solution
Sep 16, 2018 – Anevia has partnered with Viaccess-Orca to provide audiences with an ultra-low latency live streaming solution. The collaboration will see Anevia provide the encoder side of the solution, while Viaccess-Orca will be supplying the secure video player.
News categories: Anevia, Viaccess-Orca, Damien Lucas, Chem Assayag, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2022, Worldwide
ALBtelecom chooses Anevia to launch new OTT services
Jul 30, 2018 – Anevia has supported the launch of IPTV services for ALBtelecom. ALBtelecom is using Anevia’s TV and video delivery software to provide live and non-linear content in broadcast quality and to multiple screens.
News categories: Anevia, ALBtelecom, Damien Lucas, Albania, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV
Anevia acquires Keepixo
Mar 6, 2018 – Anevia has announced an agreement to acquire video compression software expert Keepixo. Specialising in the development of video compression software for TV operators, Keepixo’s solutions enable live or near-live broadcasts for multiscreen TV.
News categories: Anevia, Keepixo, Damien Lucas, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MandA, NABShow, Worldwide
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated
- 7.9 million Disney+ subscribers added in 1Q 2022
- Gaumont launches SVOD on Netgem Content-as-a-Service platform
- AMC+ coming to Orange Spain's entertainment offering in June