Digital TV News: David Sidebottom
Netflix growth continues as Amazon Prime Video momentum builds
Aug 24, 2016 – Futuresource Consulting has published the 12th wave of its 'Living With Digital' consumer survey, which reveals the latest trends in digital entertainment. Also included is an ongoing narrative around Pay-TV cord-cutting and the multinational competitive situation between Netflix and Amazon Prime Video.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, David Sidebottom, Asia, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Five developing markets offer opportunity for Netflix
Sep 25, 2015 – As Netflix continues on its quest for global coverage, where are the next wave of opportunities for the service provider? Recent research from Futuresource Consulting identifies five key developing markets which present significant opportunity for Netflix and the wider digital video landscape.
News categories: Futuresource, Joanna Wright, Tristan Veale, Michael Boreham, David Sidebottom, China, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Mexico, Poland, Russia, Streaming, Subscribers, Turkey
UK video market in good health, driven by digital video
Jun 16, 2015 – Futuresource Consulting has assessed that the UK video market is in good health, driven by a growing appetite for digital video services, the resilience of packaged video retail and a healthy box office.
News categories: Futuresource, David Sidebottom, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, UK
Online subscription video driving connected TV
Jan 29, 2015 – One key consumer trend highlighted by Futuresource Consulting is the emergence of TV as an increasingly connected device, either directly on the connected TV or through ancillary devices such as digital media adaptors (DMA) or connected set-top-boxes.
News categories: Futuresource, David Sidebottom, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Streaming, UK, USA
US video entertainment spend to peak at $123 billion next year
Aug 6, 2014 – The overall US video entertainment market continues to grow in low single digits, reaching $120 billion in 2013 - a 2% increase on 2012 - and is on track to peak at $123 billion in 2015, according to Futuresource Consulting.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, David Sidebottom, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Streaming, USA
Total UK video entertainment spend to reach £10bn by 2018
Apr 9, 2014 – Overall video entertainment spend in the UK is expected to reach £10 billion by 2018, averaging 2% annual growth between 2014 and 2018, according to the latest research from Futuresource Consulting.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, David Sidebottom, Cable TV, Market Research, Satellite, Streaming, UK
- BARB UK adds SVOD and video-sharing platform measurement
- Baltcom strengthens position in Eastern Latvia with Microlines acquisition
- ATSC issues RFP for broadcast core network technologies to enhance ATSC 3.0
- Verimatrix launches cybersecurity solution against video piracy
- Agama and Antecna to provide video monitoring and analysis for m:tel
- ViacomCBS and NENT Group to roll out Pluto TV in the Nordics
- Iskon launches OTT service in Croatia with Beenius
- Kineton and SmarDTV demonstrate OpApp & CAM at 9th HbbTV Symposium
- Irdeto launches CAM-based HbbTV OpApp solution
- South African government provides update on analogue switch-off
- Nielsen to enhance TV measurement with individual commercial metrics
- DVB releases first 8K UHD video delivery specifications
- TV shipments expected to undergo 12.4% YoY decline in 2H 2021
- Megacable selects STB management solution from Axiros
- Orange Belgium in negotiations with Nethys to acquire 75% of VOO SA
- One million Android TV Operator Tier deployments for Mirada
- MediaTek 8K TV SoC first in 7-nanometer at TSMC
- In-person IBC 2021 cancelled
- CommScope selected to provide Foxtel's iQ5 streaming STB
- Vestel migrates Smart TVs to EPG metadata from Simply.TV